• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Innova Atlas (Just because you're paranoid doesn't mean they aren't after you)

Axis has been out for awhile bud.

But this disc is just useless. They should have made a speed 13 driver like that. That would have hurt MVP.. It really would have. Not even thinking this will hurt MVP. It's just lame. I'm most upset that it's a Buzzz.. An Innova MVP Buzzz. Just blah. :thmbdown:

Again with this...why would you assume Innova wants to hurt MVP? Like MVP came on the scene and all of the sudden Innova's profits dropped thirty percent? i doubt they even dropped ONE percent.

My biggest concern with this disc is these so-called "compass points" on the disc. Will they effect the flight and, more importantly, will they tear fingers to shreds if you grip it on said points?

!

I miss the time when people were happy to see a new disc from ANY manufacturer. You know, the time when disc golfers actually wanted to throw discs instead of bitching about them online?

Agreed. I can remember when things like the Shadow and Archangel came out and people just exploded and went out and bought them up the day of release (or ordered them from Discovering the World depending on your location)

Heck, just a year or two ago people were popping whenever something new came out. I guess we have officially hit the point of market saturation...like comic books in the 90s. There's still quality product out there but we are mostly left with Rob Liefeld-esque crap...pretty and flashy gimmick crap with no plot or story behind it.

Glad to see this thread got interesting while I went to see Man of Steel. Great movie btw, easily best of the summer!

Agreed. I can remember when things like the Shadow and Archangel came out and people just exploded and went out and bought them up the day of release (or ordered them from Discovering the World depending on your location)

Heck, just a year or two ago people were popping whenever something new came out. I guess we have officially hit the point of market saturation...like comic books in the 90s. There's still quality product out there but we are mostly left with Rob Liefeld-esque crap...pretty and flashy gimmick crap with no plot or story behind it.

People even crap on the quality stuff now, it seems.

:clap:

But Robs stuff was so good! I totally agree with you tho.

I just took to the Twittersphere to offer some free marketing advice to Innova, but I will post it here, too:

Distribute Atlas colors regionally by popular sports teams.

Can you imagine being a Packers fan and being out on Sunday throwing your green and yellow disc? Or a Bears fan just south of there tossing navy and orange? It would be HUGE out on the course during football season. I'd buy a whole heap of black and gold discs.

Side note. As some may have realized on the forum, I'm a big critic of new releases (mostly when it comes to new technologies and upstart companies). I think Innova nails it almost EVERY SINGLE TIME. No one knew it was coming, at least on the forum, and it's great. They announce the product with pictures, PDGA approval, flight characteristics, and how it will be released to the masses. No big hype building or coming on the forum trying to stir interest without a completed product. Believe it or not, you don't have to be the "big guy" to pull off a release like this. It just takes a product that speaks for itself, and the discipline to keep the excitement under control. Just my opinion.

I just took to the Twittersphere to offer some free marketing advice to Innova, but I will post it here, too:

Can you imagine being a Packers fan and being out on Sunday throwing your green and yellow disc? Or a Bears fan just south of there tossing navy and orange? It would be HUGE out on the course during football season. I'd buy a whole heap of black and gold discs.

Or black and gold with a sweet Steelers dye. Great idea!

This is a mid not a putter! :D:p

38_medium.jpg

This drawing is the equivalent of Quest ATs entire lineup

No one knew it was coming, at least on the forum, and it's great. They announce the product with pictures, PDGA approval, flight characteristics, and how it will be released to the masses. No big hype building or coming on the forum trying to stir interest without a completed product. Believe it or not, you don't have to be the "big guy" to pull off a release like this. It just takes a product that speaks for itself, and the discipline to keep the excitement under control. Just my opinion.
Not sure if this is supposed to be hilarious, but you just described the M.O. of the last few MVP releases.

wow, I'm kind of torn here. I love throwing MVP and I don't want the value of my MVP collection to decrease, yet I can't hate Innova. The discs colors look cool and if they prove to be a quality disc I will be purchasing one.

WOW. look at those stupid little things under the flight plate... that is seriously the most half assed design i've seen on a golf disc lately.. i bet the bros at mvp laughed for hours.

WOW. look at those stupid little things under the flight plate... that is seriously the most half assed design i've seen on a golf disc lately.. i bet the bros at mvp laughed for hours.

Hahahaha silly goose! We now have two full fledged haters! Hooray!!

That thread was ridiculous and all over a stoooopid mini.

That mini is not only the only MVP product I carry, but it also gave them plenty of time to finalize the Amp, errr...I mean the Shock. If ever there was an argument for needing First Run stamps...

Latest posts