• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Innova:Blizzard - Discraft:Titanium...etc

The beveled edge was a game changer, bubbles, m'eh, not so much.
Lightweight discs, as said already, have been around for a long time.
I've been throwing 150 class for years.
Light discs can go a zillion miles with a tailwind.
I'm not sure why, but I can throw a 170 gram Vulcan as far now as I used to throw a 136 gram Boss.
Even though I'm old, with a dislocated shoulder, broken thumb, and other assorted age related pains.

I do still prefer my fairways all at around 150, so I carry both 150 gram 11X Eagle X and L in the bag, as well as a 155 CE Gazelle and 155 VIP Northman.

Heavier is still more controllable, and with any wind in your face, more reliable.
Most people also prefer heavy putters.

So, again, bubbles, not a game changer.

As far as Discraft, arent they a little late to the whole pearly "Goldline" like plastic game ?
I would hardly call what they're doing innovative.
A way to charge more for the same Nuke, yes.
Marketing genius that makes the corporate suits happy, yes.
Innovation, no.

I'm not sure some of you guys understand the concept of lightweight + stable. Yeah a lot of guys who for various reasons can't throw heavier discs already throw lightweight discs and it works, but you're not putting the amount of snap on them that big time throwers are.

These discs allow guys who can already chuck heavier discs a mile to pick up something lightweight and not immediately flip it over, the distance potential for guys like that is tremendous.

So while it may not change your game, it will definitely change the game.

As others have stated, light discs have been around for along time, so nothing is really revolutionary about these.

I would think that for those who have been throwing 150 DX Destroyers and having to cycle them a lot, this would be a big deal. But it seems that most people are jumping on the Blizzard bandwagon because it is new. If light high speed discs really added so much easy effortless distance, then I think people would have been using the ones that have been available for a long time. Especially sponsored pros who have an unlimited supply of new discs. But they pretty much throw all max weight.

But people in the "Oddball run" thread are saying they would love to see Blizzard Valks and Teebirds when the 150 Champ versions of those discs have been available for a long time. Then again, maybe they just like bubbles.

As others have stated, light discs have been around for along time, so nothing is really revolutionary about these.

I would think that for those who have been throwing 150 DX Destroyers and having to cycle them a lot, this would be a big deal. But it seems that most people are jumping on the Blizzard bandwagon because it is new. If light high speed discs really added so much easy effortless distance, then I think people would have been using the ones that have been available for a long time. Especially sponsored pros who have an unlimited supply of new discs. But they pretty much throw all max weight.

But people in the "Oddball run" thread are saying they would love to see Blizzard Valks and Teebirds when the 150 Champ versions of those discs have been available for a long time. Then again, maybe they just like bubbles.

^^ this

me and my buddy were talking about blizzard and he was like
" what if the start filling the bubbles with something less dense then air"
i was like
"ლ(╹ε╹ლ) y u no do that innova"

it would totally be cheating, but wouldnt it be sick to rip a disc that already is fighting gravity? mmmmm Delicious *pours beer on concrete for Frank*

I'm not sure some of you guys understand the concept of lightweight + stable. Yeah a lot of guys who for various reasons can't throw heavier discs already throw lightweight discs and it works, but you're not putting the amount of snap on them that big time throwers are.

These discs allow guys who can already chuck heavier discs a mile to pick up something lightweight and not immediately flip it over, the distance potential for guys like that is tremendous.

So while it may not change your game, it will definitely change the game.

This

I only throw max weight because I have huge balls.

Go to a discraft thread fanboy. Or better yet, stop posting. Trolling is for little kids and idiotic nerds.

I haven[t thrown anything Blizzard yet, but I'd like to buy a couple once I hear the process is down. Don't want to buy a disc only to find imperfections.

Actually out of all the blizzards i saw over the weekend,one had defects. It was out of yetis box. Other than that,nothing as bad as the f2 stamped or some of the taiwan stamped blizzards

I threw a 132 Blizzard Destroyer, and a 138 Blizzard Boss several times this week, and they fly fantastic!

I can flip the destroyer, but it always comes back. And it flies like I would expect a 150 Champ Destroyer to fly. Flippy, but controllable.

The Boss rarely flipped on me, but flew flat and straight before the predictable hyzer finish.

Both discs handled the wind very well. Both experienced a slight increase in flippiness throwing into a 10 mile an hour wind, and a similarly predictable increase in overstability when throwing with the wind. I would say they reacted to the wind no different than any other disc.

My sponsored Pro has also thrown them, and won a tournament over the weekend claiming that the Blizzard plastic gave him a leg up on the competition (that didn't have any).

So, they work well for all skill levels.......adjust your weight accordingly.

I also struck several trees, and didn't have any problems with durability.

Booter is right. A local store ordered around 30 blizzard discs and non of them had imperfections. I think that is why they ran them for the factory store and the Taiwan Open, so they could get rid of the bad ones and make way for the good ones for the public. These discs are in great shape and look awesome.

keep in mind booter, we sent almost 1/4 of them back for imperfections :)

no bubbles, popped bubbles, weird wing shapes, etc ... every disc that would make us angry (and therefore the end-user) we sent 'em back to innova

plenty of duds.

keep in mind booter, we sent almost 1/4 of them back for imperfections :)

no bubbles, popped bubbles, weird wing shapes, etc ... every disc that would make us angry (and therefore the end-user) we sent 'em back to innova

plenty of duds.

Thanks a ton, really.
We appreciate when retailers look out for us.
I also appreciate when DG people man the DG store.
Keep up the good work, ZAMson.

it's like atay and tpro didn't even read my post right above them... :wall:

They already have champ teebirds down under 150g, the idea of blizzard was to get lighter models of discs that are difficult to mold in lighter weights especially the wider rimmed drivers.

i meant for the bubbles.

so innova comes along and unleashes blizzard technology that for all intentional purposes has completely changed the distance game, not to mention probably prolonging a lot of playing years for people needing lighter discs (injury, etc.)

now all of a sudden discraft's hugely touted new plastic has had a bit of the sail bounced out of it. sure it will still sell a ton, as pretty discs normally do, but it appears that innova has just unleashed a monster that will change the game as we know it.

i'm all for the other disc companies to step up in their own way to accept innova's latest challenge. mvp, legacy and lat 64 are carving up some new ground in establishing something 'new' and provocative.

seriously, did anyone see this coming, this whole new bubble technology that seemingly appeared out of nowhere, overnight and has rocked the DG world?

Innova had to stop making CE plastic because it was getting too many bubbles. Will Blizzard have the same demise?

Latest posts