• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Innova Champion Panther

Champion Panther?

• Own it, love it!

Votes: 72 31.2%
  • Own it......wish I didn't.

Votes: 14 6.1%
  • Don't own it.

Votes: 111 48.1%
  • Innova makes a Panther?

Votes: 34 14.7%

• Total voters

bettsjc

Eagle Member
Silver level trusted reviewer
The one disc that I never hear anything about.

Is this because nobody hates the disc? Or does nobody own one?

For me, it's my favorite disc. It does everything I need it to do. It's created a nice 1 2 punch with my DX Skeeter.

But have any of you own or previously owned a Champion Panther?

I literally just found out about this disc today on the Innova website and thought "i don't know anyone who has this disc".

Last edited:
id recomend it to any noob looking for a good all-around disc to help them get started , just stable enough but wont hook for them. also good for anyone looking for a stable mid .

Last edited:
I have a new condition ontario champion panther. Its a good disc, for me it flys like a smaller diameter buzzz.

I have it and I love it also.. I use both 150g and 167g Champion Panther.. It is (imo) a humble skeeter but flows lightly like the stingray. Only drawback? I wish it didn't feel so "floppy"...

Only drawback? I wish it didn't feel so "floppy"...

Thats funny because mine is one of the stiffest discs I have. My Panther is in new condition, but my buddy has one hes used heavily for years and its beat but not to the point where I would call it "floppy". Both of ours are 172 also but that should make to big a differance.

plenty of my friends that bought the innova champion starter pack have this disc. There was also a thread about the Champion big bead aviar that appears in those starter packs, and that thread asked if that disc was a rare one too.

I like the Champion Panther. Only one of the starter pack I still have. It's a nice midrange disc, I use it for long putts, tomahawks, and for the occasional short flip. Overall a nice predictable disc.

back in the 90's the panther was the first disc i ever actually learned to control. small diameter and very flippy make it a great beginner's disc. i have a couple of unthrown champion panthers if anyone's in the market for them.

I just recently got this disc becuase I also said I don't know anybody that owns this haha....its a wonderful disc...I can get nice S curves out of it, I was basically looking for something that would complement my champ roc and I think ive found it...I can throw it with a nice anny and it will just hold it...I also like the feel of it..almost like a driver feel...

I consider my star skeeter my putter. And besides a couple 3 rocs, the champ panther is the only other midrange I carry(only carry 10-12 total). I can throw it sidearm and putt with it too. Nice disc. It has gotten me out of some tight spots, esp yesterday at Brackett's Bluff.

I still carry one in my bag that is probably 12 years old. I rarely throw it anymore but I've thrown it more times than any other disc I've ever owned. I need to get another one and retire my original to my disc museum because I've never had a disc that I could throw so laser straight on tight approach shots forehand. I haven't seen anyone using one of these in years and I'm not sure why?

Latest posts