• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Innova KATANA

Pro bosses are surprisingly good I went that route today I get a fair amount of turn a little fade to bring it back .. Will stand a little headwind..actually make good fhand also flip up and glide...

Do Pro Bosses typically have a bit of nice dome to them? I've thrown too many flat Pro drivers.

cant really say..this one was modest...not flat
i have had star and light champion some domey some not...the pro had turn and was stable but not os...nice glide.
was really nice fh because it woukd turn over flip flat then finish right...bh i got turnover with soft finish..

Next week for fun I'm gonna order 3 or 4 katanas just to see what I get ..will get a blizzard in the one 50s...a light pro and a heavy one And either A G star, star or light champ if anyone has an opinion the goal is to find a magic glider with some dome, easy turn and good finish for bh bombs

Next week for fun I'm gonna order 3 or 4 katanas just to see what I get ..will get a blizzard in the one 50s...a light pro and a heavy one And either A G star, star or light champ if anyone has an opinion the goal is to find a magic glider with some dome, easy turn and good finish for bh bombs

Go for a star Katana in the high 160s. Those have been money for me. Just hope you get one with some dome.

If you really want to go nuclear, order a 170ish G* Corvette. The one I have outdoes any Katana I've ever thrown for sheer distance.

i might try that....had a star corvette....it was ok.
mostly pretty straight...didnt get much time with it..left it in a field...i never buy gstar...might try it

i might try that....had a star corvette....it was ok.
mostly pretty straight...didnt get much time with it..left it in a field...i never buy gstar...might try it

G* Corvettes have more glide and turn than stars. They fly like a somewhat beat in Katana. Tons of glide.

I understand not liking G* plastic. I'm not wild about it myself. The G* Corvette is a marvel though. I might have cracked 500' with mine yesterday. In the field nothing touches it for sheer distance except a Relativity sometimes.

didnt see any gstar vettes...they have a bunch of pro though....any one have experience with them...i like pro destroyers and bosses for glidey medium stable discs...a faster one might be nice

i bought an opto knight 174...looking forward to it...

Post your thoughts after you throw it. I had a rough time last time out with my 174 opto Knight. It was just turning too much and not coming back.

HUUUGGEEE distance potential, but the disc is finicky. Flippier than most Katanas.

will do..coming in a few days...yes getting the fade to come back while still getting tjat full turn and glide is the whole thing that a good katana has. i have a very meh 151 blizzard that has probably -2 turn and fade..but glide isnt there...what looks like a good drive by the shape is only mediocre distance that i can match with a boss just throwing it straight...my kings are 30 to 50 longer but have 0 fade...just turn ..hyzer flipping tough cause i can get like 3 diffrent resilts depending on angle....lasrr straight with finish to right
..all turn the whole way..or left if thrown high with hyzer....straight and low will turn into power roller randomly if any torque..

champ daedaluses are a good choice...they dont have as much turn and fade but are real nice gliders...going to try a pro katana again soon

champ daedaluses are a good choice...they dont have as much turn and fade but are real nice gliders...going to try a pro katana again soon

Katanas and Daedaluses give me fairly similar results. The Daedalus glides a little more and turns slightly easier than a Katana. The Katana generally fades harder though.

Both will deliver max distance performance if you can figure out the proper release angle.

picked up a 173 star shryke today...was going to buy a champ boss, but they were very flat and im sure they were bricks..this shryke had a great dome and figured it would fly nice...threw it on a soccer field against a daedalus a few times...pretty similar..they landed on top of each other a couple times...but i got a hint of the big glide in this shryke...a couple throws hit an afterburner at the end and really moved..its fun to have

picked up a 173 star shryke today...was going to buy a champ boss, but they were very flat and im sure they were bricks..this shryke had a great dome and figured it would fly nice...threw it on a soccer field against a daedalus a few times...pretty similar..they landed on top of each other a couple times...but i got a hint of the big glide in this shryke...a couple throws hit an afterburner at the end and really moved..its fun to have

Domey star Shrykes are great. They have effortless glide and carry.

Shryke and Daedalus are also very similar.

Innova lists the Shryke at 13, 6, -2, 2, and the Daedalus at 13, 6, -3, 2. That said, in most instances I don't find the Daedalus flippier than the Shryke. They're almost exactly the same disc.

blizz katana update... Today it was my best driver I was throwing a little slower and flatter because the T pads were a little wet and I didn't want to overdo it that seems to fit the blizz katanas sweet spot for some reason..gentle turn soft fade very accurate... I guess gives me a reason to keep getting drivers cause they all feel little different from week to week... My opto night is coming today I have high hopes for it

the opto knight was waiting for me when I got home so I went back out to throw it with some others. It wasn't what I was expecting I am not sure I gave it a fair outing.It had a very sharp pronounced flashing that i tried to remove on the tee...it felt alot like my ballista pro and flew similarly...liked a low flight..not much turn light fade..this was down wind...not great glide...crosswind flew like a faster less glidy king..similar distance...beat them both with rhe new shryke...blizz katana was 40ft longer than anything today...go figure... Grass was wet opto is nasty when wet I didn't have a towel so pretty sure I would throw them better in dry conditions and when the flashing is worn off... .. My 1st throws were the best pretty much dead straight lasers.. Being latitude 64 I know this disc iss gonna change and become something else.. I have to be sure to throw the king with nothing but heizer or it finds the Earth quick...

the opto knight was waiting for me when I got home so I went back out to throw it with some others. It wasn't what I was expecting I am not sure I gave it a fair outing.It had a very sharp pronounced flashing that i tried to remove on the tee...it felt alot like my ballista pro and flew similarly...liked a low flight..not much turn light fade..this was down wind...not great glide...crosswind flew like a faster less glidy king..similar distance...beat them both with rhe new shryke...blizz katana was 40ft longer than anything today...go figure... Grass was wet opto is nasty when wet I didn't have a towel so pretty sure I would throw them better in dry conditions and when the flashing is worn off... .. My 1st throws were the best pretty much dead straight lasers.. Being latitude 64 I know this disc iss gonna change and become something else.. I have to be sure to throw the king with nothing but heizer or it finds the Earth quick...

I have 2 Knights, and they're both way flippier than a Ballista Pro. If I get too aggressive they'll turn and burn fairly easily.

The Knight isn't the greatest glider I've ever seen. Most of the distance I get with it seems to be from sheer speed alone.

How far are you throwing it? Anything above 350' you should see some significant turn.

The Knight reminds me of a Katana, but with slightly more high speed turn.

It was brand new n kind of wet I couldn't throw any my dis full power they were slipping

My Opto Knight didn't display much turn either. The furthest I threw it on flat ground (390 or so-- and I have an entire post with story of how it happened), I didn't see much turn out of it. If it did turn, it was like a very baby turn.

I'd compare its stability and distance to a slightly beat 160g Goldline Ballista Pro.