• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Innova KATANA

r u serious, how many molds can innova put out in one year? geez

DaveDunipace wrote:

I have been testing the Katana over the weekend. It has more turn than the Groove in Pro driver plastic, which is what has been made so far, along with test shots of Champion and R-Pro.

So far, the Pro Katanas look pretty good for distance challenged throwers, hyzer flip at less than max power, and power rollers. Power rollers can throw flat to slightly turned over and let the disc do the work. Power throwers should probably pass on this disc except for specific uses such as high turnovers and rollers.

The Katana in all three plastics tested so far is more speed sensitive than all of our other high speed drivers. This basically means it will flip considerably more into the wind than down wind. The R-Pro Katana is flippier than the R-Pro Boss and flippier than the Pro Katana, so it probably won't go into general production. The relative wind speed sensitivity makes assigning a turn number a little challenging, but for 400+ft throwers the turn for Pro will be at least a -3. For 350 ft max throwers, the turn will be less, (except into a wind). And, I don't recommend throwing these into a wind. Tentative flight numbers are: 13, 5, -3, 3.

Testing of normal Champion was unimpressive, compared to Pro, but the addition of the stabilizing process might change that. Though we haven't tested it in Starlight as yet, I believe that will prove successful.

The Pro will probably come out at the end of the year in general release. Before then, a limited amount of Pro, and a very limited amount of Champion and R-Pro will be available through Herodiscusa as a fundraiser for the Japan Open.

http://iowadg.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=6180&sid=7fa64c014c6093bedc6abcb610d30709

Oh, yeah. Just what we need, another Speed 13 driver, and one being advertised as something good for "distance challenged throwers". Might as well market a new 150 proof drink for alcoholics while we're at it.
:rolleyes:

I can't wait until we have all the "this is the greatest disc EVAR!" threads on here.
:p

Yessss. Another disc for people to waste their money on. money money money.

Not only will they buy it because the name is cool but they are marketing it as a high speed disc for whimpy arms. I guess the Groove wasn't good enough for them.

I saw somewhere is was like a faster and beefier sidewinder

Not only will they buy it because the name is cool but they are marketing it as a high speed disc for whimpy arms. I guess the Groove wasn't good enough for them.

many people found groove's to be more stable than Bosses. And considering they were only released in Champ plastic (the most stable plastic), I'm not really surprised.

many people found groove's to be more stable than Bosses. And considering they were only released in Champ plastic (the most stable plastic), I'm not really surprised.

They did not only release them in champ plastic. There were star as well

They did not only release them in champ plastic. There were star as well

I think the Groove is only mass-produced in Champion plastic. They are made in CFR Star, but I don't think they are made for regular sales. The Boss was released in both from the start.