• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Innova Vs. Discraft

leathercash

Par Member
I'm sure this has been posted before,but I figure what the hell let's fire it up again. Which do you have most of? Innova or Discraft? Why one over the other? I seem to have a split down the middle and I kinda reach for Innova more than Discraft. Discraft has the Flick,which I F-ing love,but Innova has the coyote which I also use alot.Innova always seems to be a bit ahead of the game too,more discs and they seem to have a better selection. How about my amigos?

I use a lot of Innova. I like both and both have disc that play about the same. The main reason I use Innova is because that is about all you can find around here to buy. I've only found a few places to buy DC with out buying them on-line. When I was working in De Kalb, IL I never seen a place to get DC, every conv. store had a about 15 to 20 disc for sale, all innova. Even the conv. store in Kirkland, IL. had innova disc for sale. I like both but never really buy DC.

I agree Robert, I use mostly Innova but thats just because its the only thing that I can buy around where I play. The Flick is the only Discraft that I use and leathercash I also F-ing love that disc. I'm planning on ordering some Discraft online so I can get a better feel for them.

Numero Uno, Innova.
Look they all follow them,Yeah the comp has a good disc out there but it's all been copied from Innova molds(At least anything worth throwing)
If you look close,Compare the molds,The rims,Flight patterns etc,You'll find Innova all over them.
You might like the plastic better from another company but that's all the diffrence you'll really find.
The only way your gonna find a disc that flies better or FARTHER is if the PDGA allows diffrent specs.
Like for instance,A hole in the middle,Aerobie?Might happen some day too.
You can throw one of those a country mile but it's not PDGA approved.
Some discs from the past were banned because they were too small or too heavy and so on.Some should have never been made LOL.Might as well been throwing a trash can lid.
If it's not Innova it's not in my bag.The only thing I USED to throw was a Cyclone.But that was 15 years ago and they were given to me.It was a good disc too.
At my displays Innova sells an easy 20 to 1 over the rest,Maybe even better.
I wonder why.
My 2 cents.

I use everything Innova, except for the exception of the Elite Z Buzzz. I just like the feel of it a lot more than the Roc. but other than that, I just prefer Innova mainly because I trust their rating sytem a little better and I Love Star plastic, its just so durable. Plus, they have the Wraith!

All of my disc in my bag are Innova except for the Pro D Buzzz. I like the feel of Innova better and find that they tend to fly better and feel more natural coming out of your hand.

I don't pay any attention. I throw what works. Right now I've got Innova, Discraft, Millennium, Gateway and Quest discs in my bag. Unless one of those companies wants to start paying me to use their discs, I'll keep using what works best irregardless of who makes it.

I have almost all Innova, but I have been branching out and trying to buy from some of the smaller companies. (i.e. gateway and millenium) and Ive also bought a few discraft to try out. For me if I like how it flies, Im throwing it ... my loyalty is to my score not any disc company. ;)

All of my mid-ranges are Discraft (Stratus, Comet, Buzzz, Wasp, Drone); my drivers are half Innova and half Discraft.

I prefer Innova Drivers but Discraft mids and putters. The Buzz is my favorite
I have never liked the Roc. I have tried several of the other Innova mids, Cobra XD, coyote, stingray, shark, kite. None of them felt as good to me every time I threw them. Same with the putters I have tried all avairs, birdie rhyno(ching tank) pig, none felt as good as the challenger I have it in cryZtal and soft X plastic. At one time I use the MRV for mids but they stopped making it because the buzz is so popular. I do have a few Lighting and a old Polaris LS.I am currently using a XS driver that suites me well. So I will throw any thing that flies well and feels good in my hand.

I am all Innova, though I don't claim anything by this - it's just what I've played with. With a feeble mind, it makes sense to keep it simple...

Of the 15 discs in my bag, all but 2 are Innova. A Buzz to round out the midrange choices and a super stupid soft Wizard for severe uphill/downhill putts.

i have 10 innovas in my bag, 3 discraft. the only reason i have any DC is b/c they were given to me. don't get me wrong, i like my avenger and soft magnet, but i would be just as happy with a monster and soft aviar...found a stratus last wednesday at idlewild, still have to get used to such an understable disc...but to reiterate, i've thrown many DC discs, but have only actually purchased innova...

I carry about half and half of innova and discraft, but I really use the discraft discs most of the time. I switched for a couple of reasons. First I really like the flx plastic that discraft makes. Second I like the colors available with discraft better, to me they seem brighter and easier to see.
When I was looking for a putter I tried the flx challenger and really liked it. From there it was really just a matter of time. As I lost a disc I would replace it with the discraft equivalent in flx. They are flexible, grippy, and practically indestructible. My current plan is to keep replacing all of my discs with the flx as they get lost or worn out.

I'm like Three-Putt. I have ldiscs from many different companies. I am not dedicated to any of them. Although, I am not about to change from Gateway putters anytime soon. ;)

Its the old "Ford vs Chevy" (whole new can of worms ;-)thing to me. I have about a 50/50 mix and am glad that there is more than one company to chose from. Competition generally equals better products.

What I carry

Drivers:
Innova Beast/Monarch/Destroyer/Wraith
Discraft Predator and Force

I use the Innovas mostly but the Force gets used quite a bit.

Mids:
Innova Stingray/161 Roc/180Roc
Discraft Avenger SS/Ace Race 2008

I tend to throw the Avenger more now that I am getting used to it. The Rocs are the next most used.

Putters:
Innova Rhyno
Discraft Magnet

The Rhyno is used most but the Magnet comes into play about 1/4 of the time.
I rotate the Magnet with the Gateway Warlock and Wizard and my Discraft X Puttr.

So , it's not about the company, it's about what works for you.

Wow, you use the Avenger as a mid? I thought it was a pretty fast driver, not too stable but enough for a rip. The SS on the other hand is a pretty good turn over driver.

I use Gateway, Discraft and Innova, but more inclined to Innova. However, I think Discraft has the best plastics while Innova has better designs, but how can you top a gateway putter?

Yea, the Avenger is pretty light and I am OLD as Methusela(sp) so it doesn't go that far but it is very predictable as a turnover. I don't think I could drive it very far though. At least not as far as I can throw the 160 beast or the 168 destroyer.
And yes, the Super Stupid Soft putter is perfect for cold weather.

i can never get max distance with discraft. i throw the magnet for upshots and thats about it for discraft. for innova i throw wraiths and destroyers mainly and im starting to develop a loving relationship with the roc. innova all the way. im not dissing discraft im agreeing with Three Putts about throwing what works and innova works the best for me

Latest posts