• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Innova Vulcan approved

Bad-A$$ anny, Mister Vulcan, but why so serious?

vulcananny.jpg

Would love to hear what this Vulcan can do - If anybody can give thoughts on its supposed lack of low speed fade I'd love to hear it. As someone with an average to decent power arm (topping out at less than I used to, but still touching 5) - I use low-160s Roadrunners for 400-450 ft turnovers that pan over to the right and don't fade at the end (released on a steep hyzer, approx 20-30 ft in the air).... if I can use this to get the same flight path but over a longer distance that'd be fantastic.

On a happier note:
The 169 Glow Vulcs are MONEY...just not $39.95 kinda money

My 175 glow champ vulcan came in the mail today. I got my friend a 158 Champ. I got out of work late so was only able to throw 3 times with it. Twice with a 10 mph tailwind, and once with an equal headwind. At the same time I threw a beat up Champ Boss, Worlds Star Katana and a pearly Orc. My snap wasnt at my best with jumping right into a few throw but here goes

First Throws 10 mph tailwind-
Champ Boss - Slight Hyzer - 375
Champ Orc - Straight - 360
Star Katana - slight S - 410
Glow Champ Vulcan - (thrown with slight hyzer) - Big S curve - 405

Second Throws (10 mph headwind)
Champ Boss - slight Hyzer - 360 (held the hyzer line)
Champ Orc - slight hyzer - 320 (flipped and slight S)
Star Katana - Hyzer -340 (flipped flat and held)
Glow Champ Vulcan - Hyzer - 320 (half snapped more of a finesse throw and flipped for a pretty big S)

Third Throws - 10mph Tailwind
Champ Boss - flat - 390 (slight hyzer flight)
Champ Orc - Flat - 390 (held flat most of flight with slight hyzer finish)
Star Katana - Slight Hyzer - 425 (flipped slightly for a smooth long S Curve)
Glow Champ Vulcan - Hyzer - 420 (Flipped into a big S curve, threw it much higher than intended and kept gliding for a while to end up right behind the Katana)

More field testing with a fresh arm to come. I plan on trying out some rollers, experimenting without wind, and a lot more side by side testing.

thanks for posting the side by side stuff its helpful....do u find it easier to throw?......could you rate those 4 discs in easiest to throw Im guessing where the vulcan would fall?

Ease of throwing seems like a tricky thing to measure. I can now fully grasp, however, why this is marketed as a speed 13 for those without a big arm. One very noticeable difference between this and other speed 13s is the depth of the rim. It seems fairly shallow, making it more accessible to people with smaller hands. I think I fairly could call it the easiest to throw. It would be the least consistent of all 4 discs for someone throwing a comparable distance to mine in my opinion. If I were to rate ease of throw from toughest to easiest from those standpoints it may go like this.

Boss
Katana
Orc
Vulcan.

Sometime in the next couple days Ill be playing with my friend who has the 158 vulcan. Ill also have him throw mine. He just recently started getting close to 300' and occasionally a tiny bit more. That should give me a good idea of where it stands for comparable players. (For him a new Star Katana is somewhat of a meathook)

Gonna put a lot more throws onthis tomorrow. It'll definitely be a thrower not a shower. Shouldve gotten another for selling in the future...

Does anyone have any discs they'd like me to throw side by side and compare it with?

halo, if you would....it seems the lat 64 plastic is getting some love, so lets see if you share the sentiment
thanks homie i appreciate the posting as well

Latest posts