• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Innova Vulcan approved

I heard the Hardy Har Har will be out over the summer... gonna be a speed 17 and comes with a fun plastic hook

aj

That should be hardy harr harr but I am not that fast

Last edited:
I believe that there are some people that will enjoy this disc and would be a nice compliment. Lets face it, we aren't getting any younger so our run up speed, arm speed, and snap will slowly be declining. Just because you don't have a big arm doesn't mean that you can't control nose angle, or know how to place your shots.
This is exactly the reason why one should not be throwing a fast, wide rimmed driver and instead should throw slower discs that depend on glide to go far rather than hurling through the air like a missile. Sure, understable discs are noodle-arm friendly but really, really fast understable discs generally aren't due to the fast part. I don't see a significant % of the DG Population benefiting from this disc, like Masta Ace the Vulcan appears as if it was born to roll.

I think I already made my point... Some people are skilled enough to throw it that do not have a long drive because of limiting factors...
Yes, some. As in not many, as in few, as in why are you surprised that the majority of posters on this board are skeptical of this new disc to say the least? :\

Perhaps I've misinterpreted, forgive me if that is the case. :)

This is exactly the reason why one should not be throwing a fast, wide rimmed driver and instead should throw slower discs that depend on glide to go far rather than hurling through the air like a missile. Sure, understable discs are noodle-arm friendly but really, really fast understable discs generally aren't due to the fast part. I don't see a significant % of the DG Population benefiting from this disc, like Masta Ace the Vulcan appears as if it was born to roll.

Yes, some. As in not many, as in few, as in why are you surprised that the majority of posters on this board are skeptical of this new disc to say the least? :\

Perhaps I've misinterpreted, forgive me if that is the case. :)

I am making my assumptions off of the fact that this disc is a wide rimmed driver and if the talk is true. That it is easily turned over as say a Stratus or something like that. So everything I'm saying is based off of the promise by Innova (Dave). If they are wrong then ignore everything I said.

spockvulcan.jpg

Master of the Toma-Spock

someone get this guy a beer, that's beautiful!!

in case i haven't scrolled down far enough to see, where can one buy these?

DGC has nothing....

I think I already made my point... Some people are skilled enough to throw it that do not have a long drive because of limiting factors...

while i certainly wouldn't call me skilled, i've never had a problem with any big-rimmed driver (don't have the arm to throw them mind you, but never had problems with grip), and therefore can't understand the fuss from those who do :confused::confused:

get more calcium in your diet so your bones grow longer! sheesh :popcorn:

It ships out tomorrow for anyone who ordered one on Discgolfvalues. I am one of those people so as soon as it comes in Ill throw it side by side with a handful of other drivers and give my report on the disc. I also got a lighter weight one for a friend with a smaller arm, and I should be able to give a pretty good description of what to expect out of it.

It ships out tomorrow for anyone who ordered one on Discgolfvalues. I am one of those people so as soon as it comes in Ill throw it side by side with a handful of other drivers and give my report on the disc. I also got a lighter weight one for a friend with a smaller arm, and I should be able to give a pretty good description of what to expect out of it.

:thmbup:

ok, but where's the star one you sourced that pic from?

or are your photoshop skills jedi-like??

that is one of my star katanas that i photo-shopped...if you zoom you'll see it was a 5 minute rush job

It took me quite a while to figure that one out. I thought it mustve been some star trek related ring or something. Not quite myself though. Im trying to jedi train a guy, and hes really picking up the game and has good form. but hes maxing at about 300 right now (although not for long). Id like to consider myself a stronger thrower. I standstill backhand and max repeatable D at about 390-400' with 420-430 a time or two. Between the two of us well represent enough DGCR throwers for a good flight description.

I bought a Sidewinder when it came out, also a Boss and then ....(drumroll)... a Katana, yea!
No nube here, just a 10 yr Am.

I promise to buy a Vulcan, Wahoo... , but then probably like them more once I've thrown them at trees and rocks 1000 times.

GCR:
I kid...just your wording activated my potential bs detector...

Here's a dandy pic of the Vulcan Statue in Birmingham AL

He looks all cross and sore
And he's sporting a mighty size head
HEED! PANTS! NOW!

20080310170414!Vulcan_statue_Birmingham_AL_2008_snow.jpg

Last edited:
Can't wait till a local vendor carries the Vulcan, no kid.

luvin' my worn out, chipped up Katana, flies straight as an arrow or left on FH.