• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

(insert pro disc golfer's name) leaving (insert established disc golf company name)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lol...He might as well have said "How are you going to get these discs? We have no ****ing clue."

I kind of got the same vibe a little bit. Connor your the man but please tell me that this is not going to be another Arroyo, Worlds 2011, Arroyo Disc Golf Basket, Chains the Movie, Duke Nukem 3d type of company selling products that never come out!

With all the previous hype, I was hoping for something bigger. Possibly new disc technology? I don't even know. More discs in different plastic doesn't seem to be the answer to me. Unless I'm missing something, and these are the "Silver Bullet" of discs, it's just more mud to cloud the water of the ever-growing list of PDGA approved discs. I'll stick with what I've got for now. I hope Prodigy is able to make some small tweaks to their image as well. As many have stated, the naming convention seems to follow one that has already been used. It appears they are unsure of when and where they will distribute these discs. Finally, their official name is "Prodigy Disc"? Are they only making one? A more polished image would have been nice, as well as proper grammar on their Facebook page.

I kind of got the same vibe a little bit. Connor your the man but please tell me that this is not going to be another Arroyo, Worlds 2011, Arroyo Disc Golf Basket, Chains the Movie, Duke Nukem 3d type of company selling products that never come out!

I've heard that the Arroyo basket isn't the best quality. Sure, the chains may catch well, but if the welds on the basket don't hold up, the product isn't going to last long. I also can't see why aluminum would be advantageous over steel unless it is for a portable practice basket where weight is a concern.

Think they are entering an over saturated market, and the distribution is going to be the hardest thing for them if they have no expierance. Doesn't look like anything earth shattering but I love the entrepreneurial spirit of it all. I really like that Pro Golf is being talked about more and hope the best for them. I doubt i'll be a customer just because i'm looking at about 350 + discs right now and probably another 100 in my storage locker but can't wait to see the reviews when they come out.

Brand kinda seems tacky to me, and prodigy reminds me of the very first time I got a 3.5 floppy in the mail for an internet provider! I really was hoping a different tour, different events, different way of doing business. Hope all the best for them!

I've heard that the Arroyo basket isn't the best quality. Sure, the chains may catch well, but if the welds on the basket don't hold up, the product isn't going to last long. I also can't see why aluminum would be advantageous over steel unless it is for a portable practice basket where weight is a concern.

They crapped out on a group buy on this site, and then just when I tried to buy! I will never buy one of their baskets because of it.

Bet they never get the discs out to people after the drivers! Nothing against them just the disc golf industry in general.

I don't think all the pros would of gone to this company if they were going to crap out on everybody, lol.

They crapped out on a group buy on this site, and then just when I tried to buy! I will never buy one of their baskets because of it.

Bet they never get the discs out to people after the drivers! Nothing against them just the disc golf industry in general.

I was intrigued with the company at first, due to the fact they are manufactured within 20 miles of my house. After reading about the poor quality and lack of follow through, I won't be a customer. Anyone can paint/powder-coat a basket to be multi-colored, I hope that isn't their main selling point. Also, I stand corrected, it appears the baskets ARE steel. I swear I read somewhere that they were aluminum. Weird.

I don't think all the pros would of gone to this company if they were going to crap out on everybody, lol.
Seriously. It sounds like they'll be moving very slow, but it also sounds like they have a plan in place. I'm looking forward to their slower molds.

And who posted my questions on Prodigy's Facebook page?

Well after looking through pics kind of excited for em now, and glad to see Flyboy is still keeping their course up!

Yeah the pros would never do that lol :)!

I was intrigued with the company at first, due to the fact they are manufactured within 20 miles of my house.

I had no idea they were made in the Grand Rapids area. I wouldn't be surprised if I knew someone that knows someone that makes them. Wonder if they can get a discount...:thmbup:

I had no idea they were made in the Grand Rapids area. I wouldn't be surprised if I knew someone that knows someone that makes them. Wonder if they can get a discount...:thmbup:

They are made in Saranac (Between Lowell and Ionia). I tried searching for the company responsible for the manufacturing, but had no luck.

Last edited:
They are made in Saranac (Lowell). I tried searching for the company responsible for the manufacturing, but had no luck.

Well I'm from Lowell, and know quite a few people from Saranac. Small world that they're practically made in my backyard and I had no idea.

Like Ripper, I was most interested in the distribution aspect. Part of me was curious to see if they co-announced a big retailer alignment at kick off.

However, The more I think about it, the more I see that times have changed. It used to be in industries like the hard media music industry, distribution was absolutely everything - then things changed and there was room for success in other new novel and ever changing ways. I.e. the old ways still work and are a strong bet, yet there's a side door opened for those with ingenuity and a sharply tuned business mind.

Only Prodigy can define what will define success for themselves. Their goals might involve a much more modest model than some would envision. From my outsider position it looks like they have some key features - intelligent founders, well connected and passionate, but most of all - likely much more wise with realistic expectations, financial reserves, and a plan.

It's entirely possible that most entrepreneurs in our sport have started with passion and an idea, but thought they could work the planning and financial part after-the-fact. Some made it to the big show hanging on by their fingernails at times (Two Dudes and a Dream sometimes works) , but some don't.

Anyone can fail at any time, but generally - smart people make smart decisions and those who have been successful tend to continue to do successful things.

We all knew it was prodigy for a while here. What no one knows yet is who the "big company" bankrolling them are? Supposedly there is some money behind the company so there will be some long term success/ sustainability for these touring pros?

We all knew it was prodigy for a while here. What no one knows yet is who the "big company" bankrolling them are? Supposedly there is some money behind the company so there will be some long term success/ sustainability for these touring pros?

Maybe it was an unsubstantiated rumor? Maybe there is no "big company"...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts