• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

(insert pro disc golfer's name) leaving (insert established disc golf company name)

Status
Not open for further replies.
So with this happening what disc company is out?. Does this really hurt innova and discarft because in reality these players will still be throwing their present discs because there will only be drivers out over the next couple months. Once the full line is out will they then be made to only throwing prodigy? And in the end how does this truly grow the sport? I have no problem with the pros getting paid and 10,000$ is nice but then again it is still a drop in the bucket. Now if we see purses in the NT/major tournaments go up that would be another thing!!:popcorn:

I see a lot of pictures from flyboy on their Facebook page. Might be nothing but might be some connection.

another thing i just thought of:
so Feldberg was included on the Prodigy team originally, along with Ulibarri, Schusterick, and Locastro.

the Non Stop Disc Golf team?

Are we gonna see a fleet of RV's traveling the country for Team Prodigy?

So with this happening what disc company is out?. Does this really hurt innova and discarft because in reality these players will still be throwing their present discs because there will only be drivers out over the next couple months. Once the full line is out will they then be made to only throwing prodigy? And in the end how does this truly grow the sport? I have no problem with the pros getting paid and 10,000$ is nice but then again it is still a drop in the bucket. Now if we see purses in the NT/major tournaments go up that would be another thing!!:popcorn:

I don't think any disc company has to be "out." Just look at all the other quality companies that have come out, and Innova and Discraft are still plugging away. They are established names with loyal followers and proven distribution, so they will be fine. Does a smaller company leave the game? Maybe. But it won't be one that made an impact prior to this new venture anyway.

I still think Prodigy can make more of a splash by explaining its compensation structure and how vested the players are. Discs are great, but a new business model is more interesting and will put the company on the map if it is willing to talk about it.

I don't think any disc company has to be "out." Just look at all the other quality companies that have come out, and Innova and Discraft are still plugging away. They are established names with loyal followers and proven distribution, so they will be fine. Does a smaller company leave the game? Maybe. But it won't be one that made an impact prior to this new venture anyway.

I still think Prodigy can make more of a splash by explaining its compensation structure and how vested the players are. Discs are great, but a new business model is more interesting and will put the company on the map if it is willing to talk about it.
agreed. i'm excited about maybe getting more information on this company

It's obvious that Phil Arthur, as a competitor, wasn't thrilled when they drew straws to see who was going to have to do the announcement video, and he lost.

Did anyone on this thread get a Gateway Holiday Pack?

...if you did (included a holiday stamp Wizard, holiday stamped mini ornament, and a letter of thanks/intent from Dave Mac), there was mention of a MAJOR sporting goods company getting directly involved with Gateway. Honestly, this news sounds more intriguing equipment wise. There could be some really crazy good stuff coming out very soon...

Someone explain this "narrower flight path" thing to me. How can they all have a narrow flight path with different stabilities? What am I missing here?

The MVP discs exhibit a similar thing. They don't turn or fade as hard as other discs due to gyroscopic effect. While still having different levels of turn/fade. Tighter S curse "pointing" in different directions, if that makes sense.

But narrow flight path and "very fast, overstable" sounds... interesting. I can't quite visualise how they would accomplish that. Very fast usually means a very overstable mold.

But soon the discs will do the talking I guess.

...if you did (included a holiday stamp Wizard, holiday stamped mini ornament, and a letter of thanks/intent from Dave Mac), there was mention of a MAJOR sporting goods company getting directly involved with Gateway. Honestly, this news sounds more intriguing equipment wise. There could be some really crazy good stuff coming out very soon...

Dave says a lot of things. :|

I just think if they plan to set a precedence here by paying players then others will have to follow suit, right? I also wonder how many said no to them and stuck with the tried and true? I guess maybe I could try to get them on the radio show or maybe the furthering the disc podcast will have something since that is partly supported by will schusterick. I am really booked for the first few weeks of 2013 so I would have to make it a special episode. If they are interested though just contact me here and we can work something out!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts