• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

(insert pro disc golfer's name) leaving (insert established disc golf company name)

Status
Not open for further replies.
the whole way to make this sport grow is to realize we have to be interesting and fun for people to watch and want to follow! I think its great when people enjoy what i do, i know i sure get a kick out if playing and playing for crowds! I love having galleries and showing people how this game can be played like a professional and still have fun.

^This! Also, can you teach me the art of the Comet?

More wild speculation:

Avery Jenkins: Innova -> Discmania exclusively
Cale Leiviska: Discraft -> ?
Catrina Allen: Discraft -> ?
Dave Feldberg: Innova -> ?
Devan Owens: Discraft -> Prodiscus
Dixon Jowers: Innova -> Dynamic Discs
Eric McCabe: Discraft -> Dynamic Discs
Greg Barsby: Discraft -> Open, endorses Legacy+Westside
Liz Lopez: Leaving either Discraft or Dynamic Discs
Paige Pierce: Discraft -> ?
Paul McBeth: Some speculate leaving, some staying with Innova
Paul Ulibarri: Innova -> ?
Nate Doss: Staying with Discraft
Nikko Locastro: Innova -> ?
Ricky Wysocki: Innova -> ?
Ron Convers: Discraft -> Dynamic Discs
Valery Jenkins: Staying with Innova
Will Schusterick: Innova -> ?

Gotta love the gossip

Is ? an alternative spelling for Prodigy?

And it continues...

Kevin Rarick
38 minutes ago near Madison, TN via mobile
I would like to thank Innova/Discraft for all their support over the past few years. It's been a great ride. I've decided to move on to bigger and better things for the 2013 season.... (Figured I'd write this out so everyone can just copy and paste)

And it continues...

Kevin Rarick
38 minutes ago near Madison, TN via mobile
I would like to thank Innova/Discraft for all their support over the past few years. It's been a great ride. I've decided to move on to bigger and better things for the 2013 season.... (Figured I'd write this out so everyone can just copy and paste)

BigAndy: you gonna stick with Innova this year or are you also jumping ship?

I think it's all a hoax! No one is changing companies. The pros just wanted to start a conspiracy.

I know it's been said but for all of these guys to leave it has to be BIG news and a BIG company. They are walking away from friendships and long time relationships. IMO, they are doing this to further the sport and help themselves along the way.
I'm going with a NIKE like company stepping into the game.
Anything less than a major brand sitting down at the table would be lame.

We already know the company is prodigy disc golf. Next question?

I know it's been said but for all of these guys to leave it has to be BIG news and a BIG company. They are walking away from friendships and long time relationships. IMO, they are doing this to further the sport and help themselves along the way.
I'm going with a NIKE like company stepping into the game.
Anything less than a major brand sitting down at the table would be lame.

The bigger question is, by April of next year, are we even going to care about any of this?

I do have to say that for an upstart company, this has to be the greatest publicity stunt ever. Why spend money on advertising your wares when viral speculation threads on disc golf forums are practically free?

Double G is now gone from Innova. Can we say greatest usurping of talent from companies ever?

I am really most curious about the investors behind this company and why they think taking in all these pros is the way to make the sport explode. On a large scale, recreational players are where the money is.

MJ - you've been one of Bear's fav players for years. Mine too.

And Bear would like to announce he's damn happy with his sponsor "Twisted Flyer" and won't be going anywhere. He's bringing his new little bro Boo on board with him too.

Status
Not open for further replies.