• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

(insert pro disc golfer's name) leaving (insert established disc golf company name)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pros go there because they get part ownership and actually make a piece of the money that these companies are speculated to make. It seems like a good business decision on their part becasue they are making money. The pros drive the sale of discs, theoretically. Personally I think this is such a big LeBron move that I will boycott their discs. Honestly, can the discs be that much metter than other companies? And of course, other companies will figure out a system that will be even better than the plan this company came up with and the pros at this company will be up a creek without a paddle because they can't throw something they do not own.

i've officially jumped on to the who the **** cares bandwagon... we can't really squeeze any more good jokes out of this.. can we?

the biggest news about next year is glow CPDs

"I survived the huge disc golf news hoax of 2012!" t-shirts on sale January 2!

The pros drive the sale of discs, theoretically.
Yeah, theoretically. In practice, the discs sell themselves. Why else would we see a company offer their sponsored players a piece of the pie? (Well, if that's indeed what is going to happen).

i've officially jumped on to the who the **** cares bandwagon... we can't really squeeze any more good jokes out of this.. can we?

Really? 10 of the top names in the sport are snagged from their major sponsors, there's a secret new team that has tons of top names but hasn't been named yet, new names of people leaving their sponsors are popping up every second, and an entire new company with 6 discs is coming out in Jan.. and you're on the 'Who Cares' bandwagon? Either you've been cutting yourself lately, or you're trying to seem too cool for school.. either way it's dumb.

the biggest news about next year is glow CPDs

This is what I was talking about earlier...hipster forum trolls trying to act like they don't care while still posting in the thread. I care. I care a lot. I'm going to Korea this spring for a year so I'll be unplugged from what's going on in the disc golf hub of the U.S...so I want my news now! I think all this is awesome. I just wish we had more info on Prodigy.

AND they're making glow PDs? Awesome.

I care, but it takes me at least an entire season before I even give a thought to trying a new manufacturer. So, as for the big news release on Jan. 1, if it is a new company with new discs and a bunch of top pros, I think I will wait to see how the pros do. Let us remember that Nikko switched to Innova and had one of his worst years in recent memory. I am guessing that is part of the reason he has decided to throw what works for him no matter who makes it. I respect that, I respect that a lot.

In two weeks your wish will come true I wouldn't have wasted a wish on something like that but to each his own.
First driver to be released
Smack your bee yotch up
Heard it here first

There all going to prodigy discs. Its possible they get signing bonuses. They either had to invest X amount of money for a stake in the company or it was offered to switch. I think the weird part is that any domain name you could think of is up for grabs still.

Really? 10 of the top names in the sport are snagged from their major sponsors, there's a secret new team that has tons of top names but hasn't been named yet, new names of people leaving their sponsors are popping up every second, and an entire new company with 6 discs is coming out in Jan.. and you're on the 'Who Cares' bandwagon? Either you've been cutting yourself lately, or you're trying to seem too cool for school.. either way it's dumb.

Have you not expected this from New? He's been "too cool for school" for years. I've had to sit back and count to 10 a few times while conversing with him.

I think these moves will be great for the sport. Seems like my area courses are getting busier by the day. Lots of new players. Its a good time for DG.

Yay, I switched companies. Just accepted a new job! Take that disc golf pro's.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts