• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Instep basket on sale today

jrawk

* Ace Member *
Newegg.com has it on sale today for $70 and free shipping.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ...ndex-_-GolfAccessories-_-9SIA02D05X7043-L060B

A02D_1114_129611887495565053WV4TeUVxrz.jpg

anybody know anything about these? surely they're only as good as $70, but are they easily modified with another set of chains, etc. etc.?

Russell - I have one for practice, and it works great. Ideally a second set of chains inside will keep quite as many spit outs from happening.

If you do a course search with Instep as the basket type, there are a few courses with Insteps installed.

my buddy had one and it didnt hold discs very well at all. i have a DGA M-14 and it has the double chains that are thicker than these and it still has some pretty ridiculous spit outs every now and then. i gotta say though, for a basket 70 bucks is pretty cheap.

i have one and for the price it works great! yeah a second set of chains would be a plus but if you are hitting it where you need to most will stay.. every now and then one will get through but for the most part i know when it leaves my hand if it should have went in anyway.. i havent added a second set of chains yet but it would easy if you wanted.. $70 is killer deal

Newegg is the best.

$70 plus $10 to add inner row of chains and you are still way ahead of the game.

Thats a good deal.... I think I might have to get one. I would modify it with another set of chains, but for putting practice all you really need is something to hit consistently.

i've putted on the instep a good bit at a friend's house and i think it catches pretty solid. there is a lot of chain on the outside and nothing on the inside which is kind of odd IMO. unless you putt with 70 degrees of hyzer/excessive force this basket will catch any good putt.

i've putted on the instep a good bit at a friend's house and i think it catches pretty solid. there is a lot of chain on the outside and nothing on the inside which is kind of odd IMO. unless you putt with 70 degrees of hyzer/excessive force this basket will catch any good putt.

yeah thats pretty much what i have found too.. still would like a second row in but its not all that big a deal ... if you can make putts on an instep it should make it that much easier when you get on the course ... right?.. :p

New account coupon code newcustomer10 for $10 off $50.

I tried that and it wouldn't let me use it.

It said;

"Although you've entered a valid promo code newcustomer10, your order does not currently meet the code's usage criteria."

I guess it's treating the sale price as a promo code too.

I've got one, think I paid about 100$ for it, which is still cheaper than the cheapest DG manufacturers basket. It holds up well, is very portable and catches decently. My only qualm is how wide it is compared to the baskets at my home courses. Other than that, if you installed some inner chains, it would work just as well as a more expensive similar basket.

Pretty sure I convinced a buddy of mine to buy one of these. He recently moved into a new house with a backyard with some elevation changes, and for the price these can't be beat. I'd probably buy one too, but I just ordered a Mach Lite and would rather the portability.

If costco still has any, they were $65 bucks, no shipping
They were rebranded versions called 'Seattle Sports' or something similar

I say buy it!
I bought one a year or two ago for $85.00 which I thought was a good deal. $70.00 is cheap! I had to add a second set of chains which was about $25.00 more. You'll love the practice putting you can get in!