• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Instep basket on sale today

These are a good buy. The catch if your putts are on line. High or wide puts are spit. My only complaint is that the basket is pretty shallow.

Just bought one,probably going to add extra chains or some garden hose for those late night putting sessions...

Also said the basket comes with 3 discs. Im interested in seeing what these discs are

They aren't too good. I bent the putter in one low throw into the basket...didn't even have any steam on it.

Yeah,I wasn't expecting much. May have to give those away to some new players

Don't do that if you want them to keep playing. I throw mine over water at times. It's amazing. I can't seem to lose those of the Defenders I have.

just got me one for the shop. Now i can practice during lunch. Win!

Over the past few days, I have been looking to get a Innova Discatcher Sport, but this deal on the InStep is too good to pass up. Looking forward to having a basket around the backyard.

This is perfect. I wanted to trade somebody my Innova DISCatcher Sport for an InStep. Instead, I just bought this one for $70 and I'll sell the Innova for $80. Win-win.

got mine couple years ago and best purchase i have ever made you guys will be happy :thmbup: .. bought it used and its still in GREAT shape! it isnt a must but finally gonna try and add the extra row of chains this weekend but catches most just fine

InStep / Pacific Outdoors, etc are all part of Pacific Cycle based here in Madison. They also own the bike brands Mongoose, Schwinn, etc., although even Pacific Cycle is now part of some bigger conglomerate. InStep is a name you'll probably most often see on strollers and bike trailers for bringing the little kiddies along. I think we have one or two of those.

I got one of these InSteps a couple of years ago as a Christmas gift, then bought another one at Fleet Farm. They are fine, especially for $70 (I think I paid $90). I don't really care about spit outs, etc, because it is for practice. Sure, add a second set of chains if you want. They come apart pretty easily, but they are still not all that portable (plus they don't have a wheel like some of the others). Honestly, if I knew someone wanted to get me a basket for a gift, I would rather have had them pitch in towards a MachLite, because those are some much easier to haul around. However, if you are simply looking for a basket to pull out of the garage and stick in the yard, these are great. I have not left mine outside in the weather.

The discs that come with it are fine for letting kids or guests use for practice, but yeah, if you want someone to go out and play a real course, I'd recommend spending $8 on something better.

By the way, Amazon sells these branded under both the InStep and Pacific Outdoors names, currently through the same VM Innovations business. I thought I remember seeing them sold directly by Amazon in the past, with free super saver shipping. It's currently $91, and while I don't think I ever saw it down to $70, it may have been at $80 or so. Just another place to keep an eye on if you want one in the future.

Pacific Outdoors, Seattle something or another, etc. It's all InStep, but I haven't been able to find a website.

Edit: too slow.