• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Is it me or will Paul McBeth be the best DGer ever?

How many do y'all think Paul will win? I'm putting the over/under at 8.

How many does climo have? 14 or 15?

Paul has a LOT more disc golf to play before he gets up to KC level really... YEARS'

By the looks of these younger kids coming up I would say they will be the greatest DGers ever. Some of them DG is the first and only sport they have EVER played :|

Paul has a LOT more disc golf to play before he gets up to KC level really... YEARS'

By the looks of these younger kids coming up I would say they will be the greatest DGers ever. Some of them DG is the first and only sport they have EVER played :|

That's true, the talent pool is getting bigger. Paul mentioned this in his European Masters McBeast Diaries. He attended an autograph session at the Swedish version of Dick's. He said there were more juniors waiting in line to get his autograph than there were competing in worlds last year. He also said that the talent level in Europe will eventually surpass the states and we will be playing catch up.

yep that US disc golf will be 2nd to Euro.

So really we might not even know how to pronounce the name of the future best disc golfer since KC.

Most people don't know how to pronounce the name of Ken Climo, either. :| :|

Yes, this will be a great discussion to have about 5 years into PM's master's career. I personally think 7-8 = 12x with the level of competition now.

There are plenty of teams and events where people dominated in history when competion was lower. National titles, win streaks....every fledgling sport has some record that is un-touchable mainly because 1 person stood out. Imagine putting Lebron on a team in the 70's...lol, he would have 15 championships in a row....

Richard Petty

he definitely could very well be the best of his era. but hard to say if best ever. you cant compare players who peaked at different times with totally different discs in hand.

I still say Clee-mo, IDGAF.

How many has Paul won now? 4?

Comparing eras is kind of a losing proposition.

Shaq v. Chamberlain
Woods v. Nicholas
Manning v. Montana v. Unitas

Nobody will ever know...the technology has changed, fitness has changed, schedules have changed, media pressure has changed. It's a fool's game. McBeth wouldn't have had the resources he has now in Climo's heyday, but would that have held him back? Who knows...

These conversations are always fun in all kinds of different sports. Something really cool/unique with disc golf is a lot of us got to watch Mcbeth and Climo play together at the Battle at blue lake. Granted Ken isnt in his prime anymore. Still tons of fun!

Edit: not that Climo isnt good anymore... he's still got most of us by miles!

Last edited:
Comparing eras is kind of a losing proposition.

Shaq v. Chamberlain
Woods v. Nicholas
Manning v. Montana v. Unitas

Nobody will ever know...the technology has changed, fitness has changed, schedules have changed, media pressure has changed. It's a fool's game. McBeth wouldn't have had the resources he has now in Climo's heyday, but would that have held him back? Who knows...

Every true football fan knows Manning is not nor will ever be in the conversation for greatest QB of all time

Every true football fan knows Manning is not nor will ever be in the conversation for greatest QB of all time

ARE YEW KIDDING ME MANNING IS THE GRATEST EVAR!!! HES THROWS MORE GOODER THAN ANYONE ELSE YOU ARE KRAZY!!!!

I love Peyton's work ethic, but at the end of the year, it's all about winning the last game, and he just hasn't been able to get there enough.

I was watching the Mocassin Lake Open in Clearwater in 2010. I was there to watch Double G play and he had McBeth in his group. While we were waiting around Garrett said McBeth is the best putter out there and that he was one going to be one of the biggest names looking ahead. Good call Double G.