• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Jerry Harmon is he really gone?

Unfortunately I've never met him but by all accounts sounded like a great guy.

Condolences to his friends and family.

Even though I never met him I have heard nothing but good things about him. The disc golf community is going to miss him. My thoughts go out to his family and friends.

Sounds like a true disc golf character.
People like this leave a mark from the way
they live their lives. Something to admire for sure.
May he rest in peace and his family find peace.

I was also at Jerry's yesterday; it was THE place to be for me... my home away from home, if you will. I've only known him a couple years, but in that time he's been more like family than most of my family ever was to me. After countless rounds with him on the course and dinners/convos in his home, I can tell you that Jerry was one of the most kind-hearted, generous souls I've had the pleasure of knowing... and yeah, he was ridiculously good at golf. My heart breaks today for his family, especially his young kids... as well as for all of the "HH Gang" I've come to know so well. We will miss you, friend. :(

So this was from complications from a previous heart attack?

I feel very sorry for those that knew him well. We have a local guy around here who up until recently ran a course on his property. If something similar happened to him I know how I would feel... Always sad to see good friends go.

Everything posted earlier is so true. Jerry was the nicest guy you could ever hope to meet. Great to play disc golf and just hang out. He will be missed. Prayers to Rachel and his family.

Jerry Harmon - Family, Friend, Disc Golfer

I was deeply moved by all the accounts of Jerry's life I have read through out the day. I will never forget when I met Jerry. He opened his home and took me in. I was more at home with Jerry, Rachel, and kids than anywhere else. He would take care of you.

I will never forget the weekend that I just needed to get away. I called Rachel to talk and Jerry says in the background tell them to get up here. He didn't care that I didn't have anything to bring with me. They treated me like I was one of there own and for the most part everyone at Harmon Hills was a part of this unspoken family.

Jerry will be sorely missed as family, friend, and as a legend in disc golf who loved sharing his sport with everyone.

Volunteer Cup 2010 I believe

260005_4651072403164_970134687_n.jpg

I was looking through my photos from events....his were easy to find (the shirtless guy). This is my main memory of him (2005) - a man who loved his girls!

attachment.php

Attachments

• FrizzakKirkJerryAndFam.jpg
    FrizzakKirkJerryAndFam.jpg
    154.5 KB · Views: 202
My condolences to his family and friends. I never met him, but was fortunate to play his course this summer- easily one of the best I have ever played, and his love for disc golf was evident on every hole. His family was extremely nice and welcoming to strangers who just wanted to play disc golf, which is, I am sure, a reflection of Jerry's personality and character.

JERRY HARMON..

Wow... Jerry and I started playing at the same time around 1992.. the guy was just like a big brother to me and we had some GREAT times... he played everywhere together and were pretty decent doubles partners.. he was there cheering me on when I won the TN Amateur State Championship and then we got to go the AmWorlds together in '94... he was one of the guys I could call a best friend.. I moved away from Kingsport and kinda stopped playing all together. But recently got back in touch with him and was happy to see him doing well and still kicking tail and ringing chains... I will truly miss the guy as if he was my own brother..

From what I know this had nothing to do with his heart.. and that is all I will say about it...

Thanks for blessing us all with your presence old buddy.. and I am proud to have known ya!!

Jason

Sounds like we lost a truly great man, father and disc golfer, all in one. My thoughts and prayers go out to the Harmon family and friends.

I was in the Kingsport/Johnston City last year, and didn't get a chance to play Harmon Hills. Several people told me I really missed out on a great experience by not playing the course.

It seems to me that at some point there will need to be a shirtless tournament in his honor.

Jerry Harmon

Prayers go out to the Harmon family of Fall Branch TN. Disc golf sadly lost one of the nicest kindest souls ever to play the game!

Jerry was a very welcoming and kind soul. He had a labor of love with his private course and wanted to share his property with anyone that carried a passion for disc golf.

Just judging from some conversations and internet discussions, around Columbia SC there are a lot of people saddened, and some just about heartbroken.

That's just one place, 200 miles from Jerry's home. Multiply by the number of places he played, and you have some idea of what we've lost.

Jerry was one of the kind of person that when I met him it was like we had known each other for years. He seemed quiet at first, but would quickly open up and you would just know that he was a great guy. During the USDGC a few years ago, Rachel and Jerry with one of the little ones stayed at my house, neither of us played well but we had a great time hanging out at the house with our families. We played many competitive rounds together and not nearly enough casual ones. When he was on his game, watch out, he could beat the best.
As I pour through all the fond memories of Jerry, my heart aches not for myself but for his family and the sport, we have all lost a wonderful ambassador to Disc Golf.
Love you, miss you and will always remember you, rest in peace my brother......