• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Jomez mic’d up at GMC

I would much rather have them talking about their disc choices, throw choices, stances, strategy, technique, practice methods......I am fine with goofing around, but the entertain value of nothing but, wears thin. These are probably about building a brand, not really about disc golf.

It's just that they have crossed a corny threshold in the goofy trash talk arms race. Big Jerm and Uli are a bit over exposed at this point with the rate at which Jomez content is churned out. The practice rounds are super low

Seems like a balance between technical shop talk and camaraderie is needed, bit of a reset is all.

I wonder if Nate has dropped out of the "practice" rounds because they are no longer really practice rounds and he's tired of the antics. Or if there's some other reason he's not participating. ((My guess is he wants to focus on actually practicing)).

I wonder if Nate has dropped out of the "practice" rounds because they are no longer really practice rounds and he's tired of the antics. Or if there's some other reason he's not participating. ((My guess is he wants to focus on actually practicing)).

He's home with Coraline because of Delta.

No more events for him I believe.

Felt bad for Simon and got tired of their antics so I quit watching after the 2 or 3rd hole. The part where they were trying to fake crying. It was just all too much and cringe.

Final round of the MVP open had 194k views...

Uli and Jerms practice round videos at MvP got 146k/116k views.

They aren't going anywhere.

I think they have got stale too but adding a star player to each round has bailed them out. You can tell they pander too often to the camera...just saying random nonsense constantly.

Simon was pretty annoyed.

I don't blame Jerm and Uli for the unfunny jokes I blame the editor(s.) You don't always know if a joke is going to be funny when you say it, but Jerm and Uli have to try and see what sticks. A good editor would keep the funny stuff and cut out the stuff that didn't work.

I've started to really feel this way about their commentary as well. Without Nate, they get out of hand sometimes. It's a bit much. I'm almost ready to pull the plug on Jomez.

I either watch live (not a Doss fan either though) or gatekeeper. Earhart and Perkins on Gatekeeper are much more cerebral in their commentary. They break down form, talk about swing thoughts, and overall have a much more professional tone. They have quickly become my favorite commentators.

I don't blame Jerm and Uli for the unfunny jokes I blame the editor(s.) You don't always know if a joke is going to be funny when you say it, but Jerm and Uli have to try and see what sticks. A good editor would keep the funny stuff and cut out the stuff that didn't work.

Yes. Part of the issue is certainly the short turnover time. It's usually under 24hrs between shooting and release. Lots of useless stuff makes the final cut

or Brian Earhart :gross:

I don't mine Brian; however, after Sexton + pretty much anyone, my favorite pairing right now, live or post, is Two Hot Geese (Madison Walker + Erica Stinchcomb). For me they bring a good combination of calling the action while still having fun, and they do a good job of not getting so lost in telling their own story that they miss action. If someone wants a pairing a little more serious, I think Sarah Hokom and Julianna Korver are great for a (mostly) no-nonsense approach, and I like that both are willing to just be blunt and say when a shot was bad.

I don't mine Brian; however, after Sexton + pretty much anyone, my favorite pairing right now, live or post, is Two Hot Geese (Madison Walker + Erica Stinchcomb). For me they bring a good combination of calling the action while still having fun, and they do a good job of not getting so lost in telling their own story that they miss action. If someone wants a pairing a little more serious, I think Sarah Hokom and Julianna Korver are great for a (mostly) no-nonsense approach, and I like that both are willing to just be blunt and say when a shot was bad.

As a member of the flock of geese, I agree. They are great. The comraderie to me is a big plus.

I think that's also a huge part of the appeal of the Jomez crew. Sometimes that cab get old, but I'd still rather have it than not.

I like Hokom and Korver, but Korver is clearly uncomfortable on the mic. I also think her time off the tour shows. Ian and Sarah make a better team, in my mind. But that's just one man's opinion.

I saw/heard improvement this weekend.

It's just that they have crossed a corny threshold in the goofy trash talk arms race. Big Jerm and Uli are a bit over exposed at this point with the rate at which Jomez content is churned out. The practice rounds are super low

Seems like a balance between technical shop talk and camaraderie is needed, bit of a reset is all.

I think someone got that message to them. They were much less silly for the GMC. Gave a lot of good information and in general were back to where they used to be, loose and funny but reasonably serious about their job.

The two hot geese are fantastic.

Anything with Sarah Hokom is wonderful. The way she and Holly Finley riffed off each other a week or so back was great. Informative and funny. I nearly lost my coffee at one of Sarah's comments (no spoilers).

I've moved on from the Jomez practice rounds. They were great last year. They've certainly lost some sparkle this year. Trying too hard, or something. The GK Pro Skins games are much more entertaining to me (especially if Calvin is playing).

I'm watching a lot more FPO than MPO this year due to time commitments, and I can relate my "old man's" game a lot better to how the women play than the men.

What if that was the best stuff?

Latest posts