• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Knoch Knolls anyone?

davetherocketguy

* Ace Member *
Gold level trusted reviewer
So my parents live in Naperville, IL and I play at this course quite a bit. Looking at the Naperville parks district web site I know they were using goats a while back to clear the fairways. Anyone know what the status is of the new 9 holes other than what is on the web site?

http://www.napervilleparks.org/parks/knoch-knolls-park

Looks like the grazing area is only 5 acres which I sure hope means there is more available than that for dg. 5 acres is not really enough room for 9 decent holes.

-Dave

I haven't heard much. I pretty much have the same info as you but I would assume it'll be done at some point in the near future. I'm not really sure who is doing the redesign either?

Hey Dave, mebbe hit up Bionic Rib? He has a good grasp of the area's course statuses. :thmbup:

Hey Dave, mebbe hit up Bionic Rib? He has a good grasp of the area's course statuses. :thmbup:
Unless the redesign is being done by Midwest Disc Golf, in which case you will just be pushing him that much closer to a cataclysmic aneurysm. :|

I wouldn't get too excited. There isn't much room at all for 9 more holes on the north side of the river, I can't imagine how they're planning on fitting the full 18 in there. The article does say the goats were clearing land on the other side, but I doubt they'll do 9 holes on one side of the river and 9 on the other.

Unless the redesign is being done by Midwest Disc Golf, in which case you will just be pushing him that much closer to a cataclysmic aneurysm. :|

@ bionicrib
mind_blown.gif

It's all going in west of the current 9. There is enough room to add in 9. From what I heard talking with Gary Lewis last year, the parking lot is getting re-designed and we may lose the current #1. It's all tied in with the new nature center so I would expect them both to open near the same-time.
I believe the new holes are a Steve Matul layout.
The way locals treat that property they will never go across the river.

It's all going in west of the current 9. There is enough room to add in 9. From what I heard talking with Gary Lewis last year, the parking lot is getting re-designed and we may lose the current #1. It's all tied in with the new nature center so I would expect them both to open near the same-time.
I believe the new holes are a Steve Matul layout.
The way locals treat that property they will never go across the river.

Really? That's different than this map which shows it to the southeast of the current 9. I'll admit the locals are a little rough on that course but that map shows the 5 acre "grazing area" on the other side of the river. Has the location changed since they put that map out on the interwebs?

I hope it isn't to the west of the current 9. If it is that will be prairie disc golf hell over there. :gross:

-Dave

It would be awesome if they had a hole that carries the river. Problem is the banks are lined with trees so I'm not sure how that'd work out.

So, I glean that his has been expanded to 18 holes. Anyone in this thread had a chance to roll it?

I am thinking about checking it out this weekend. If that happens, I'll post some pics and maybe even a review.

Don't kid yourself. That course played you. :| :p

Latest posts