• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Latitude] Lat 64 Flow

One good thing about the Trespass is that the rim is more like the Mystere's than the (wider) Tern. Getting that extra distance and glide with a more comfortable rim would be nice. That's the good. The not-so-good is that I'd likely have to season in the disc, and while Trilogy plastics do wear in quickly, it would still need that work.

So... we'll see...

I don't think you really throw hard/far enough to see a ton of benefit in a Trespass. I'd use one if I wanted 400'ish drives.

FWIW, I've liked every Trespass I've thrown. I haven't run into any crappy ones.

I don't think you really throw hard/far enough to see a ton of benefit in a Trespass. I'd use one if I wanted 400'ish drives.

FWIW, I've liked every Trespass I've thrown. I haven't run into any crappy ones.

You may well be right about my noodle arm and the Trespass. I *am* hearing and reading that the Trespass is surprisingly good for not-so-powerful throwers. And it sounds like I'm trying to talk myself into this, but my wallet is refusing to agree...

You may well be right about my noodle arm and the Trespass. I *am* hearing and reading that the Trespass is surprisingly good for not-so-powerful throwers. And it sounds like I'm trying to talk myself into this, but my wallet is refusing to agree...

If you get a Trespass, get a light fuzion one. Those tend to be a little less stable and have very good glide. I still think the Trespass will go further for you than the Flow.

Bump.

I throw destroyers mainly for distance. I picked up a Gold Line Flow just to try out, and loved the distance I was getting when I released it on hyzer, but it got a little squirrely on me when I threw it full power. I heard the Josh Childs Opto Sparkle Flow was the OS answer and good gracious was it. I parked a couple holes at my home course I NEVER birdie because of how hard I could throw it and it hold straight without turning over, but it really didnt fade much, and skipped forward. I'll still use destroyers for headwind, hyzer, and forehand, but these Flows are easily my furthest flying disc now. I even contacted Josh and got 2 more as backups.

I never see anyone throwing this disc, but I keep being impressed by how good my domey Opto Flow is at flying golf lines while still having a ton of glide and being wind resistant. It's like a speed 11 Teebird, or 11 speed Thunderbird that has been worked in a bit. Like 11/5+/-0/2. It just hints at turning while wanting to hold real straight, but in a moderate headwind or crosswind it still doesn't do anything weird and keeps on its line. Pure straight lines with a pushing left finish, and it'll also bomb pretty good if you turn it over for a gliding flex shot.

I'm really surprised at how it can be so wind resistant while being domey like that. The downside to the dome is I don't love FH'ing it, although I have smashed it on some FH shots and it gets out there.

This just seems like it'd be a good stable-OS driver for lots of arm speeds when not looking for the beefy bookend stability, and a good neutral-OS driver for higher arm speeds.

Heard that there should be Opto-X Flows at some point in the next couple months. If they fly like I think they would, I could have only Flows in my distance driver slot. Gold line for tight hyzer fip/turnover lines, opto sparkle for wide open max distance with no wind, and opto-x for wind or hyzer shots.

Is the Flow being phased out or something? Been away for a while and it looks like most places don't really have any GL flows or really any for that matter in stock. I hope they are still continuing it.

Is the Flow being phased out or something? Been away for a while and it looks like most places don't really have any GL flows or really any for that matter in stock. I hope they are still continuing it.

According to Dynamic Discs' site they haven't been put out of production.

I think the Flow is Lat64's best driver I have tried. I mainly throw Katanas for Max D and throw in a couple beat Wraiths for controlled straight D shots. Flow is most similar to a Wraith. Very straight and still great D. I like the OptoX plastic, if they are not too OS I will try one for sure.

I have an Opto Flow that when I first got it in late September 2019 it was a far flyer that had a little turn but a reliable fade. After bringing it to California from Idaho, it became a "throwler" disc because of the elevation change. Since then, it seems to lost its ability to not become a throwler disc. I know I am increased my distance a bit, but not that much.

Does anyone have similar experiences that don't involve superstitious voodoo?

Latest posts