• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Latitude] Lat 64 Pure

Ok, for all the long time Pure throwers here is my question. Why wouldn't I just use a heavy Opto Fuse instead of a Pure for approaches and off the tee. I am throwing the Pure pretty well, but I think I improved faster last year when I simplified my bag and cut my molds down. Anybody tried this experiment or have a good reason why I should stick with the Pure over the Fuse for those shots?

whatever works for you. i typically like to use my understble mid were most people use a putter. however, in certain situations my pure is prefferred cause it wont fade out and wont travel as far. short downhillers for instance or high accuracy short woods holes.

Yes, the all powerful glide factor of the Fuse. Didn't think of that. Good point.

Yes, the all powerful glide factor of the Fuse. Didn't think of that. Good point.

nothing like going right over the top of the basket and still having a 50' putt back at it. haha

Whoa, this thread grew since I last posted in it... It's awesome to see so many people throwing the Pure, it really gives me hope that Latitude will see how well loved the mold is and make a serious attempt at overcoming whatever hurdle is standing between them and an Opto/Gold Line Pure.

Also glad to hear the Swan is garnering some attention as well. It's like the perfect "putting" putter compliment to the Grip Pure as a driving putter. I'd be distraught if they discontinued it.

Reasons to throw the Grip Pure instead of the Fuse:

Grip Pure is easier to throw on a straight line with ZERO fade.
Pure won't go as far, but beware it will go SNEAKY far.
Grips better (this is an opinion but I think it warrants mentioning)
Turns over more - this can be both a bad and good thing, but it does differentiate the Pure from the Fuse

Reasons to throw the Grip Pure instead of the Fuse:

Grip Pure is easier to throw on a straight line with ZERO fade.
Pure won't go as far, but beware it will go SNEAKY far.
Grips better (this is an opinion but I think it warrants mentioning)
Turns over more - this can be both a bad and good thing, but it does differentiate the Pure from the Fuse

that right there in bold is it for me...

oh and i swapped in LE comets.

So I'm new to the Pure Club, just got my first Grip Line, and I was pleasantly surprised when I held it against my buzzz to see that the rims were very similar. I love my buzzz, but it blows by baskets on approaches, now I'm hoping the pure will cover this better than my buzzz or voodoos.

gotta be careful with Grip Line plastic, because it's very "bouncy". For whatever reason the grip discs rebound off hard surfaces like super-balls. Where as Zero Line implodes on impact.

I know a couple guys around here that putt with them i personally dont really care for it cause i can do anything i can with that disc with a aviar and i love my aviars

Got an email back from Lat64

jrawk said:
As a very happy Zero and Grip Pure junky for putting and approaches, I
crave the day I can throw and Opto Line Pure from the tee. Please
reply and say Opto Pures will soon be available for your driving
pleasures!

Jerry H.
Maryland, USA

Hi Jerry,

I just answered a question to another guy asking the exact same thing so I
guess there is demand...

At this time we have no plans to release it in Opto or Gold as it won't
let it self be produced in that plastic without severe production issues.
When the fall comes and we have a little more time perhaps we'll give it
another shot but I wouldn't get my hopes up...

Thanks for your support and for showing an interest in our products!

Svante Eriksson
Sales Manager
Latitude 64°

We've gotten their attention, and its nice of them to reply with detail. But it's not good news and confirms the molding issue.. .

All they need to do is make new putter. It shouldn't be that hard to tweak the design to adjust to the differences in the other plastics. My guess is that this is more a strategic and sales issue. They could easily make a putter very close to the Pure in a premium plastic for driving and approaches, but they probably don't think it will sell enough. The premium plastic will take longer to wear, and the typical disc golfer won't need 5-10 of them for practice. 1 or 2 would last quite a while. What they need to do is come out with one as a special edition/stamp for some tourney, make a limited number of them, and charge more money. Then everybody is happy. We get to buy our beloved Pure at collector prices and brag to our friends, and Latitude gets to pocket some good $$$.

So in summary, I call BS. Unless the guys at Innova, Discraft and Gateway are all just a lot smarter than the Swedes. The US companies have figured this out for their putters.

So in summary, I call BS. Unless the guys at Innova, Discraft and Gateway are all just a lot smarter than the Swedes. The US companies have figured this out for their putters.

i remember reading an post by Dave D a few years ago where he discussed some of the reasons different plastics of the same mold fly different. one of the reasons he discussed was that some plastics dont cool correctly with certain molds. so they tweak the mold a lil bit here and there to get it to work and be as close as possible to the flight and feel of the true mold. now this was several years ago so technique may have changed.
also, i showed my brother one of my Goldline discs the other day. he looked at it and started discussing FMF (motocross company) and how they used to make plastic very similar looking. i dont remember word for word, he was using the technical terms, but he said to get that shine and look that they would have to be double molded (im not using the exact correct term here i apologize). you can almost tell as if you llok real close (sun light helps) you can tell that there is a very thin extra plastic over the other plastic. so maybe it doesnt work when they try to double mold it for that uber sexy look. i may be way off base idk

Opto Pure+ .... or .... Pure SS

:p

right-on, sloppy.

BOOO no SS crap, a slightly more ooverstable pure (Swan) would be ok but not flippier.

If you want a slightly more overstable pure, try a domely pure. You'll see a big difference compared to a flat pure. Otherwise try a sinus, they're definitely overstable.

This thread needs to make a come back....

I have been playing putter only rounds with a Zero Pure for a week now and I love the thing. It may bump the Wizard right out of my bag (even though I have spent the last year hording them)...

I am hitting putts from farther out with much more consistancy and it is a great driving putter as well

Nice. I am crazy excited for Opto pure production.

I am not a fan of the Zero plastic, they warp/taco way too easily and bam, they're flight stability is changed forever. So i made the switch to grip line, which do not grab chains as well, but are much more durable.

So if Opto pures have that little bit of gummy/softness to them, I'll be very happy.

I am using Zero lines for putts and Grip for drives/approaches.

Im liking how the Zero feels. Its soft/grippy yet firm. I think its the perfect blend

I have not had a problem yet with tacoing the Zero line. I have hit a few trees and no issues. I have only been throwing them for a week or two though so wee will see. I can't wait for the opto either it will be sweet I bet.

I have two Pures right now one is red and is stable/slightly overstable and the other is blue stable/slightly understable. They are both 172's and in the same condition almost. The blue one is a bit newer. I can't quite figure it our but they both still putt and drive great.

I got a sweet blank gl pure from the traveling DD bus! The gl pure is my favorite putter out there.
BxWSyl.jpg

Latest posts