• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Latitude] Latitude 64 Scythe

Got some throws in last night with my new scythe, and I will say that I'm impressed. Overstable but not so overstable that it doesn't want to fly. Grip was good for me, even though it's a wider rim which I normally struggle with, I was able to get really comfortable with my power grip on the scythe.

I was able to crank out some big spike hyzers with good distance, going about 30' longer than a predator on the same line. I get the feeling that the flight really is more like a good predator - it will fight hard in the wind, maybe turn a touch, but still come back at the end with strong LSS. I threw a couple of anhyzer drives with it, and was impressed that it didn't just immediately try to flatten out and get left. It actually held the line for about 350' while slowly panning out. With some more height it would have come out just fine. I think I'm going to like it, and it will at least stay in the bag for a couple of months until I figure out if it's got a permanent place or not.

Been a while since I threw the Scythe, but if I remember correctly there wasn't a big difference in stability when compared to Bio Enforcer. The biggest difference to me was in the feel of the rim where Enforcer won by some margin.

Good to know! Thank you.

Just to revisit after adding a scythe in my bag a few weeks ago.

I've been throwing my 171 GL scythe really well. It does what I need it to - I can hammer on it pretty hard, and flat, and it will stay straight with a strong finish at the end. I'm starting to get my timing and power back (hitting 415-425' with my terns on golf lines last weekend) and the scythe can handle everything I can give it, and then some. I guess the enforcer is the new hotness in this category of fast overstable drivers, but I really think the scythe is still worth talking about. Haven't done much sidearm work with it, but I feel comfortable enough taking the predator and/or felon out of my bag and just going with the scythe (and maybe a xxx for those slower overstable fairway/approach shots)

Just to revisit after adding a scythe in my bag a few weeks ago.

I've been throwing my 171 GL scythe really well. It does what I need it to - I can hammer on it pretty hard, and flat, and it will stay straight with a strong finish at the end. I'm starting to get my timing and power back (hitting 415-425' with my terns on golf lines last weekend) and the scythe can handle everything I can give it, and then some. I guess the enforcer is the new hotness in this category of fast overstable drivers, but I really think the scythe is still worth talking about. Haven't done much sidearm work with it, but I feel comfortable enough taking the predator and/or felon out of my bag and just going with the scythe (and maybe a xxx for those slower overstable fairway/approach shots)

Scythe and Enforcer flew identically the same for me. Scythe feels much better for forehands for me, so Scythe is in my bag. It bumped the Force out of the bag for the same reason...easier to throw forehand. I really love this disc and use it often in most rounds I play. I have several of them and they all fly the same, which is another good sign for the staying power of this disc.

Yes, old thread. Found and threw a Scythe for the first time recently. Gold line, 167g. Plastic is swirly and gummy. Reminds me a lot of old Innova champion plastic.

Fairly flat, not really any dome. It comes out of the hand well, but seems to die out late in flight. I'm not exactly sure how the Scythe is supposed to fly, but this one has a hint of high speed turn. Thrown flat and hard it would bend right a little.

It doesn't glide very well and has an abrupt fade. I kinda liked the way it flew, but the Scythe won't be setting any distance records. I'm not sure exactly what use the Scythe is supposed to have, but this one I have wouldn't work for headwinds. Too much high speed turn.

I can't really think of another disc it compares to. Even a beefy Destroyer I was throwing with it was getting more distance. For how mine was flying (stability-wise) I thought it was a sluggishly short disc.

Scythe: 12, 4, -1, 3.

Pretty accurate assessment. Kind of like a Champ XCal but harder to control. I loved the feel of the one I had and it was the best looking disc I've ever owned, but the hard to dial in flight made it expendable.

Pretty accurate assessment. Kind of like a Champ XCal but harder to control. I loved the feel of the one I had and it was the best looking disc I've ever owned, but the hard to dial in flight made it expendable.

Yeah, the Scythe had similar distance as an XCal for me. More high speed turn though. Its actually an OK disc. I could probably toss it in my bag and find some shots for it.

The amount of high speed turn it has keeps it from being an overly effective overstable disc, IMO.

Latest posts