• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Legacy] Legacy's 6th release the RIVAL, its coming

Have thrown them in a field, seem to be straighter than most new rivals. They feel amazing. Rico said they are more similar to the older run pinnacle rivals. These will definitely make my bag.

Makes sense considering it's a 5 year anniversary disc. A re release of the old pinnacle plastic similar to how discraft re ran the old z buzzz mold and plastic for the 10 yr buzzes. I'm currently revisiting this mold myself and have a few rivals on the way but may have to pick one or two 5 yr rivals

Makes sense considering it's a 5 year anniversary disc. A re release of the old pinnacle plastic similar to how discraft re ran the old z buzzz mold and plastic for the 10 yr buzzes. I'm currently revisiting this mold myself and have a few rivals on the way but may have to pick one or two 5 yr rivals

I switched from Rivals to 2nd Run FDs, but now I'm back to Rivals. Bought a bunch from the Legacy guys when they were in Charlotte for Am Worlds. Rivals are just so much easier to replace and I love how they fly. Getting some of the experimental blends that just released friday as well and those look interesting.

I switched from Rivals to 2nd Run FDs, but now I'm back to Rivals. Bought a bunch from the Legacy guys when they were in Charlotte for Am Worlds. Rivals are just so much easier to replace and I love how they fly. Getting some of the experimental blends that just released friday as well and those look interesting.

While i wait for my other rivals to come in, i was lucky enough to find a used clear pinnacle rival. I tried using the explorer as my teebird esque fairway but after a month it just never clicked. the rim never felt comfortable in my hand for flicks as i am rhfh on most all of my drives, but i field tested this used rival and its amazing, it has great stability but isn't an overstable disc and it feels amazing in the hand for flicks. it was going almost as far as my hybrid escapes. im really excited to take this to the course and test out the other rivals coming in.

Make sure to give your opinion of them after you get a chance to try them out some.

For sure, the video they had on their facebook page got me hooked they showed some interesting flight patterns. Also the plastic looked like a pinnacle and legend mix, so I think they are gonna be pretty sweet, just gonna have to wait though.

Rivals are amazing. I've been throwing the same silver sparkle for years now and it is by far my favorite disc. Such a predictable/reliable disc in basically all conditions. All these new blends sound interesting, but unfortunately (or fortunately?) I am already sitting on a healthy stack from the honey bee run that I plan on cycling through over time. Great mold!

Is it possible to cycle rivals? Like have similar stability from a PD to an FD. I like stiffer plastic and legacy seems to have that from my limited experience with them. I throw smooth but max out at about 350.

Is it possible to cycle rivals? Like have similar stability from a PD to an FD. I like stiffer plastic and legacy seems to have that from my limited experience with them. I throw smooth but max out at about 350.

I'm Guessing I'll probably need a patriot for the straight flyer.

I'm Guessing I'll probably need a patriot for the straight flyer.

I have a sparkle thats pretty beat, sorta like a patriot or leopard in flight. I also had an icon that was fairly straight and could use as an fd type disc. They are possible to cycle, but they take a little while to get there.

The newest EXP blend Rivals are super nice. I got three, two were just marked as Rivals and the other was marked as legend Rival. I would consider the ones I got to be colorshift purple to silver.

In terms of flight these are what one would expect from other Legend Rivals. Fairly flat and good stability. Currently I'm bagging a sparkle for straight shots, a 5 year colorglow for stable, and the new EXP blend for forehands. I lost my nice old blend pinnacle the other day so I'm still tweaking which rivals I want to carry after the loss.

Finally threw one of these - Pinnacle plastic,172. I was surprised by the OS flight I got out of it. Expected stability, but not as much as this disc has.

I lost my nice old blend pinnacle the other day so I'm still tweaking which rivals I want to carry after the loss.

I know this is definitely a first world problems worthy statement, but that is the saddest thing I expect to hear all day...well until I watch the news.

BTW, thanks for the brief review of the new experimental plastic.

Does anyone still throw the early Pearly Blend Pinnacle Rivals?

Just sold mine to a Rival newbie. Soooooo beautiful.

Attachments

• 20180829_175440.jpg
    20180829_175440.jpg
    43.9 KB · Views: 24
  • 20180829_175432.jpg
    20180829_175432.jpg
    120.9 KB · Views: 26
  • 20180829_175425.jpg
    20180829_175425.jpg
    132.1 KB · Views: 44
Last edited:
Does anyone still throw the early Pearly Blend Pinnacle Rivals?

I bag a aqua blue pearly first run "wings" rival. It took a couple off seasons tryouts to earn a spot in the bag but its seasoned into a low line 300-330' laser beam. I'll throw it with some hyzer up to 350' into less than 10mph headwinds and get the same stable straight line start to finish. Great flight lines, grippy and sexy. If I need a little more stability, my next step up is a stable champ teebird but I'm sure I could just drop in a fresh pinnacle rival for bigger headwinds, no problem.