• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Legacy] Legacy's 7th release the "Patriot" and Legacy news

I just got a glow Patriot from Supreme Flight. The plastic feels amazing, and on the first few throws it is really stable. If you get a chance to grab a glow Pat, do it!

I just ordered one of these... and a Roc... and a Wizard. :doh:

I bought a 175 Pinnacle thinking it would be "leopard-ish," or an understable fairway. I've been carrying it (since I want to put it through its paces and beat it up a bit) between my Relay and star Teebird, but it flies with just a tad more turn and a tad less fade than the Teebird. In other words, it's quite overstable and only turns with a bit of a headwind.

How's a Pinnacle Patriot supposed to fly? I imagine this thing will be amazing after hitting 1,375 more trees, but is that always the story on these?

The pearly white/clear pin Pat I got had some dome and flew exactly like you describe. It was basically a slightly seasoned Teebird. I really wanted to bag the disc because it is soooooo beautiful but I just couldn't get it to beat in. One night I got fed up and flattened it with boiling water. Presto. It instantly became a beefy champ Leopard but faster and longer. It's in my bag now in the slot I wanted it for but it sure wasn't out of the box.

I bought a 175 Pinnacle thinking it would be "leopard-ish," or an understable fairway. I've been carrying it (since I want to put it through its paces and beat it up a bit) between my Relay and star Teebird, but it flies with just a tad more turn and a tad less fade than the Teebird. In other words, it's quite overstable and only turns with a bit of a headwind.

How's a Pinnacle Patriot supposed to fly? I imagine this thing will be amazing after hitting 1,375 more trees, but is that always the story on these?

That's a pretty good description of mine too. I have a 174 Pinnacle and it flies very similar to a TL with just a little turn. I've shelved it for a while as I don't seem to use it. I have a seasoned Teebird and a Leopard3 and the Patriot seems like overlap at this point.

I guess it may depend on the shot. If your throwing these 325' + I feel like you should be getting some more turn out of a normal patriot. But, they are a very straight high speed stable disc with little fade. the tummy pinnacles seem to be less stable for sure. The stiff pearlys are more stable.

Yeah, I've got stiff pearly (beautiful, as someone else mentioned), so that makes sense. I'm definitely not throwing them over 325 consistently, at least not on golf lines. One thing that has surprised me is that it tends to skip noticeably.

Patriot is more comparable to a TL than a Leopard when in premium plastics. Excel is the plastic for the Patriot that would satisfy the beatup Champ/Star or Pro Leopard crowd.

In my experience, pinnacle beats up a little faster than premium plastics from other brands. That is: don't give up yet! There are gravity (baseline) patriots available, and they are a lot of fun (and cheap) while you're waiting for your pinnacle to season up.

Latest posts