• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discraft] Let the Rampant Speculation Begin...

5X McBeth Disc...GO!

• Avenger SS

Votes: 16 20.8%
  • Drone

Votes: 6 7.8%
  • Vulture

Votes: 1 1.3%
  • Wasp

Votes: 19 24.7%
  • Destroyer

Votes: 11 14.3%
  • Sumptin' else

Votes: 24 31.2%

• Total voters
If it was one spot he changed alot in the Innova days is was the OS fairways. . he throw Fb, Sexton FB. FD3, and a bunch of diffrent Thunderbirds. . if you watch "old" Jomez videos you often hear BigSexy commenting this

I think that is why it will be a slower Wasp type disc that is a ROC Clone that gets into legal problems with one of the brands Making a speed ROC Clone. If not then something else that is a mid like a faster bead less Comet that is US. I think with Discraft Paul is going full without bead.

The Fairway or 9 speed disc that Paul needs is a copy of the Thunderbird or better version of that, Anax seems like it is a copy of the Firebird but not a Thunderbird.

Considering that Paul never threw a fb I think the Anax is more like the Thunderbird imo. From me throwing all three discs yes the Anax is a tick more is than a Thunderbird but not a complete meat hook like the firebird. When the Anax beats in I think he'll get the same flight of a thundy out of the Anax.

So I was right ? :D

Watch the final round of USDGC last year. Throws it on Hole 1

Paul said on Smashboxx that his X5 disc will be a disc i production that he throws. . than he said: WASP, DRONE, AVENGER SS or VULTURE . . so one of those
I still think it will be the AVENGER SS . . or maybe the VULTURE , the one he think will sell the best

. . .and he said that he might give his bag and discs away to the "hall of fame" and start over with a new bag/discs

Paul said on Smashboxx that his X5 disc will be a disc i production that he throws. . than he said: WASP, DRONE, AVENGER SS or VULTURE . . so one of those
I still think it will be the AVENGER SS . . or maybe the VULTURE , the one he think will sell the best

I tend to agree...I would lean towards the Vulture. It's a new disc so that's working for it and the 5x stamp would cement it as a hot seller.

I tend to agree...I would lean towards the Vulture. It's a new disc so that's working for it and the 5x stamp would cement it as a hot seller.

I think his choice will depend on what the two discs in his line will be. . i guess those two will replace one or two of the ones he throws today

It´s quite insane that ONE year in at Discraft most of his bag is Signature or his own line of discs. . can he get ALL the discs in his bag before years end?

Paul threw his Anax 450' almost dead straight on camera this past weekend.

He could do that with a Thunderbird, also... if he wanted to.

If it was one spot he changed alot in the Innova days is was the OS fairways. . he throw Fb, Sexton FB. FD3, and a bunch of diffrent Thunderbirds. . if you watch "old" Jomez videos you often hear BigSexy commenting this

Add the Monster to the list; he tried that one, also. And agreed that McBeth never really settled on a very OS fairway (9-speed) mold from Innova/Discmania. But he did like the Thunderbird.

I caught that also, and when Terry and JV started guessing which one, he said they had a 25% chance of being right, so I would almost guarantee his new signature disc will be one of those four. He also added it was a disc that helped him win worlds. Avenger SS stood out most to me, but he also made a comment about choosing a disc that already sells well. Not sure which of those sells most.

And, as others have said, Paul re-confirmed the Luna, Zeus and Anax were the 1st 3 Discs in the McBeth line, and the other 2 will still be released before the end of the year.

discraft undergroud people are saying it won't be the vulture because austin already has it, they're predicting a 5x avenger ss

discraft undergroud people are saying it won't be the vulture because austin already has it, they're predicting a 5x avenger ss

a-ss is so gross

i had flx ones that were beef cakes and some that were flippers

and z ones that were domey and ones that were concave and all were on a spectrum of hella os to flip machines

so you had to mix and match and hope for the best

Well then it can't be the Drone either, that's Presnells , only the Avenger SS and Wasp left

^^^The 2 Zs, and 1 ESP I have are all consistently flippy. Only 3 I've tried though...Get more distance with my NukeSS.

Is it just coincidence that this years Ace Race discs are just OOP discs from the back room?

I don't follow ya...what does that have to do with McBeth's 5x disc?

This years Ace Race discs were "classic" molds representing the era of the 80s, 90s, and 00s, for Discraft's 40th anniversary.

Latest posts