• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Looking for Tourney Bag

Craton

Double Eagle Member
Hey ladies and gents,

I am in the market for a bag. And before you say "you should put this in the marketplace want ads," I want to clarify that I don't know which one, nor what kind. So I am wondering if I could hear some pros/cons of whatever tourney bags you guys have so I can hear some feedback. I'm looking for something that can comfortably fit 16-22 discs in it, that will be relatively available online/through most disc shops, etc. I'm using a messanger bag right now, and it's great, but I'm really having to cram 16 discs into it and, as a result, scratching the crap out of them.

As a side note, if anyone finds themselves wanting to unload an old bag that fits this description, I won't be opposed to PM's. I'm primarily looking to be educated about bags, though.

If you are looking for about 15-16 discs a fade crunch box would work great. If you are looking for more then that I would suggest a fade tourney bag. They have Gay and not so gay colors for what ever you prefer. They are tough, have ample storage, and less expensive than other bags of the same genre. The company stands behind their product as well. There have been several threads on these bags / topic a quick search may be able to answer your questions.

I've got a Fade touring bag. It's a great bag. Holds about 20 discs and two putters in the outside pocket. It's pretty light when it's empty, and there's tons of room for discs, water, and whatever else you carry. The con is that it seems to be wearing out pretty quickly. I've had it for less than six months and there are some seams that are already coming loose and fraying.

If you're going to get a big bag like that, I'd also very strongly recommend in either Phenix Quad Shocks or Innova Back Savers. It looks way cooler than the single strap, and distributes the weight between your shoulders. Feels good man.

I've got a Fade touring bag. It's a great bag. Holds about 20 discs and two putters in the outside pocket. It's pretty light when it's empty, and there's tons of room for discs, water, and whatever else you carry. The con is that it seems to be wearing out pretty quickly. I've had it for less than six months and there are some seams that are already coming loose and fraying.

If you're going to get a big bag like that, I'd also very strongly recommend in either Phenix Quad Shocks or Innova Back Savers. It looks way cooler than the single strap, and distributes the weight between your shoulders. Feels good man.

You should contact fade they will make it right. They have done it for me.

You should contact fade they will make it right. They have done it for me.

I never filled out the warranty card. Also, I put a patch on one of the pockets that I'd rather not lose... Never hurts to ask though, how did you get ahold of them? Do you have a phone number or email address for them?

There is no warranty card to fill out. Just need a copy of the original purchase receipt. I went to there website and emailed them using the contact us link. The owner is real cool and is more than willing to stand behind his product.

Yeah if you're cramming your discs now you're not going to dig a Crunch. 15 or 16 would be the max and that's not what you're after. I've got a Crunch and carry 14 and there's very little if any room for more. The Fade Tournament would be a much better choice. The Innova Tournament bag is also another one to consider.

Innova Competition bag. Got mine at discgolfcenter.com for $50 with free shipping. I would also recommend if you get a bag this big and plan on carrying that many discs, that you invest in the Quad Shocks. They are well worth the money. The cool thing about the Comp bag is that you can fit discs between the the divider front and back. I keep my approach disc behind my putter between the divider and the outside. Same in the back with my extra trash discs:

Bagedit.jpg

Astroworldbag001.jpg

So I am wondering if I could hear some pros/cons of whatever tourney bags you guys have so I can hear some feedback. I'm looking for something that can comfortably fit 16-22 discs in it, that will be relatively available online/through most disc shops, etc.

I just recently got a FADE Tourney bag, look for them on eBay you can get them cheap. The same people generally sell the Crunch bag as well.

Depends on how much extra crap you want to be able to carry with you.

I like the idea of just carrying EVERYTHING and being done with it, leave it all in my bad. So I carry some extra discs, some specialty discs, towel, shammy, slingshot, ammo, 2 bottles of water, wallet, phone, keys, counter, basic first aid kid...just a LOT of stuff.

If you just want to carry the discs and a drink etc then get the FADE crunch, it rocks socks.

\/\/

I think you guys are nuts putting your wallet and keys in your bag. My wallet never leaves my side. If your bag gets stolen with you keys and wallet in it, you are screwed.

I never leave my bag anywhere. Plus I play mostly during the day, with NOBODY on the course.

I set my bag down AS my marker on short throws, and on the tees well we're the only 2 out there.

Also if I have my car, I generally leave my wallet in there under the seat or something, doors locked of course, and I take only my car key off the rest of the keys and hang it on my pants.

I'm just saying that with the side pockets I could put all the stuff I normally carry on me, plus all my DG stuff...plus a pound of beef jerky or something and still have pocket space.

I never get sick of looking at pics of your bag midnight!

Also you are TOTALLY right. Tourney style bags practically REQUIRE quad shocks. Now that I figured out how the heck they are SUPPOSED to go on my bag...they're FANTASTIC.

\/\/

Don't even screw around... get a Revolution bag. I prefer the back pack version over all other types of bags because the back pack stays against your back and the weight of everything we carry doesn't bounce around and drag your shoulders down as you walk. Pricey... but, the best there is on the market.
DSCJNKY

I think you guys are nuts putting your wallet and keys in your bag. My wallet never leaves my side. If your bag gets stolen with you keys and wallet in it, you are screwed.

Agreed...I saw a guy a few weeks back walking up the side of the fairway cussing every few seconds. I was thinking "wow what's his problem". Turned out some bag or something of his got stolen on the course. Didn't hear him well(and don't fully remember) he said something about Budweiser or something(I think) maybe he had a bag that wasn't for discs that he used for discs...not sure. If you go in the woods either you have to trust that no one steals from your bag(if you set it down before trekking through the woods to look for a disc) or your bag or then have someone from your group stay out and watch them if you won't take them with you into the woods.

Last edited:
I own an Innova Comp like Midnight's and also recommend the quads (best non-disc purchase I've made). I wish I hadn't gotten the black/silver combo because they're everywhere around here. There are a few things I wish mine had (umbrella straps - a small one would probably fit between the bag and the disc frame, a key hook inside one of the pockets, a Blackberry-sized cell phone pocket, a towel clip, and a map pocket on the bottom of the top flap), and I am planning to do them over the winter. I carry 16-17 discs and have room to split them up enough that there's room for a baseball, towels, a bag of trail mix and dog cleanup bags in the middle of the bag.

Your choice of bag really depends on your budget. It's more of a personal preference at the "budget" level between the Innova and the FADE, though. I feel like mine will last me for more than a few years, but I don't throw my bag around. Just like the Comp, every FADE bag I've ever seen looks brand new (I know a lot of both are not).

If you're looking to spend a little/a lot more, then your options increase. Revolution, Gorilla Boy, and Phenix all make incredibly durable and thoroughly awesome bags (the bottom of the Phenix bag can even be dipped in Truck-X bed liner), but they easily can run you 100 bucks or more. The Phenix has a crazy amount of possible mods you can get. Rev and GB both make backpacks (Gateway does too). The GB doubles as a stool so you don't have to carry one. You shouldn't have to buy another bag for at least ten years at this level unless you really torture it.

So how much you looking to spend (don't forget about the quads)?

I have an Innova Competition bag, and my gf carries a fade tourney bag, both with quads. They have both held up really well, and are pretty equivalent in terms of disc and pocket space. We play a lot, and both of us are pretty rough with our bags, and they've both held up really well (mine is 2.5 years old, hers is almost a year old).

Its great for people that like to play in gym shorts. Pockets in those things suck. I know what I have in my bag at any given time, so if there's something important than I won't leave it anywhere. Besides, once you factor in the cost of 20 discs, the bag, and quadshocks, the wallet hardly matters.

My bag of choice for now: FADE Tourney

Don't even screw around... get a Revolution bag. I prefer the back pack version over all other types of bags because the back pack stays against your back and the weight of everything we carry doesn't bounce around and drag your shoulders down as you walk. Pricey... but, the best there is on the market.
DSCJNKY

Get a Revolution bag and you won't run into quality issues. Fade did a very smart thing by bringing in very inexpensive bags which hold a lot of discs but ask yourself if you want to buy a replacement bag in 2yrs or more like 5-6yrs.

The first and only bag I've purchased is the Revolution Dual Pack and I couldn't be happier. I mainly got it so I could carry lots of non-disc items during tourments like a hat, gloves, snacks, extra towels, bug spray, etc but of course you cn always cram discs in the top section as well.

I would not say Revolution bags are expensive. They are serious camping gear quality and just happen to be for disc golf.

http://discgolfer.com/home.php?cat=62

I don't put my wallet in my bag while playing but I put my keys on the clip. The keys are too bulky to leave in my pocket. However I certainly wouldn't be afraid to put my wallet in there. Are you guys saying that if you put personal items in your bag they might get stolen? I never set my stuff down (excluding taking a shot).

Well, in that case, here are two current pics I just took. This is my current bag with my current white Titanic:

I really need to get a patch from Seabreeze in Rochester...I pretty much grew up at that amusement park. Especially before half of it burned down years ago.

I never set my stuff down (excluding taking a shot).

Maybe I don't play enough courses...but I'm never far from my bag...I was ONE time...but that was because I was playing alone, and found a friend's bag in a tree. So I stuffed my bag in a different tree and got the disc and came back, no problem.

\/\/