• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Looking to get a new disc (mid)

If you are only throwing your KC Roc 100-150 ft. then you should probably be throwing something understable. I would go with a buzzz ss or Meteor. Move up to a regular buzzz once you push the SS out over 200.

II'd also suggest trying to learn how to work the Aviar to around 230-250'. Should be very doable unless it's totally beat. Great practice and what you learn on the way will do wonders for you. =)

I agree. I wouldnt buy anything till you can get your putter out to at least 150-170ft. Anything 220ft or under, its putter time.

Buy a Fuse. You can argue all day about the Roc and the Buzzz, but there is only one Fuse. Great disc.

BUZZZ FTW. Seriously listen to these guys. If you are only throwing the KC out to 150, check your form.

Buzz is a great midrange, but like they said, try to throw your putter at least 200ft first.

Z Comet if you want to improve while having a very good and workable mid; it'll crash into the ground if you're doing it wrong.
Being able to get your putter out to 200'+ is an important skill to acquire, but it sucks to play that way; a better exercise for field practice than the course.
... or a Z Buzzz, it'll be good now, it'll be great later... but you should probably get a Comet first.

Those disc you already have are fantastic!!! :thmbup:

Being able to get your putter out to 200'+ is an important skill to acquire, but it sucks to play that way; a better exercise for field practice than the course.

I disagree. I have as much fun, if not more fun, playing putter only rounds than playing full bag rounds.

You should get a Soft Ion and a Z Comet/Fuse and some patience. Patience not sold in stores. ;)

Honestly, what jubuttib, Sloppydisc, MidnightBiker and others said is the gospel truth, you can get any of those discs you already have out farther and with more accuracy if you put in the time and practice. But the discs I mentioned are very fun to throw and very easy to throw well. The Ion is a great transition disc for learning how to throw putters, I couldn't stand throwing putters until I got an Ion. Good luck.

I am personally quite fond of the Coyote. I have a couple in various plastics and I have yet to find one I dislike. To me, it feels like a slower, more controllable Buzzz, which it sounds like is pretty much where you want to be. When thrown correctly, they will float forever, but they are fairly forgiving of OAT if you don't get it exactly right out of your hand.

It would be physically impossible for me to disagree with you more.

Id say work with the discs you have and try a dx roc. But if you want something that really holds lines, check out a goldline fuse. Holds any line you put on it. Goes dead nuts straight with little to no fade. Great hyzer flip mid out of the box.

I disagree. I have as much fun, if not more fun, playing putter only rounds than playing full bag rounds.

I play all Buzzz and all Jokeri rounds on short courses and they are just as fun. I do not want to throw it on a 350 foot hole, but anything under 200 and I toss the Jokeri.

If you're around Tampa, PM me. I'd love to play a round at Limona or USF with you, and you can throw my Z and FLX Buzzz to see which you like better. :thmbup:

Ok, I see I didn't specify: I was intending to comment on playing purely single disc putter rounds. On many courses I'd be happy to have my Jokeri and fill the bag with a 6pack. If there are numerous holes over 300', its just gonna be frustrating to say "if I only had my Buzzz".
When mids are going 175' its gonna suck dropping 50' by using your putter during rounds. That is why its my preference to work on form during practice and keep it in mind on the course. This of course assumes you take some time for field practice or solo rounds, otherwise you must find the right mindset to sacrifice distance and score to learn correct form during regular play.
Discing down is just a strategy that many people find useful, but its not great for everyone, especially in its ultimate 'putter only' form.