• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Lost in the lake

sub ceroh

Birdie Member
I have thrown numerous disc's into a lake before. Has anyone done any research on this? My question is do the currents or tides slowly carry them out deeper? Do they eventually wash up on shore or forever stuck on the deep bottom of the lake?:confused:

Funny story that haooends to me on Cameron. A couple years ago I lost a CE firebird on the back part over there (little hzyer over the hill, 2 or 3 holes after the water playground) anyways, lost it during warmup before a Texas 10 tourney, looked for about 20 minutes before the tourney and a long time after and nothing. Anyways went back down there about a year later and we were looking in the water because a buddy of mine threw his in there and guess what. There she blows under about 3 inches of mud. So with the Brazos being what it is and for being in there over a year, I would have to say it depends on how it sat and where.

It was junk after that so I decided to throw across the river, so there may or may not be a CE firebird somewhere hear the base of that burger joint or whatever that is over there

It depends on the depth of the water and the angle it goes in. I have gone swimming for a few. If it goes in vertical, it will probably stick into the mud, unless its a really deep lake. horizontal, it could swim away if you are not lucky

I say it depends on angle of entry and the depth of water like krallbd said.

I lost a disc in my pond, but have not got it back out yet. It went in vertical and sunk to the bottom.

I have had more than one disc go into a lake and despite the fact that they are not supposed to float, they do, most likely becuase they get some air underneath them somehow. At the same time I have lost discs mostly because of the drop off in the lake, if it is deeper than I can walk in I am not going in after it.

I have had more than one disc go into a lake and despite the fact that they are not supposed to float, they do, most likely becuase they get some air underneath them somehow.

Definitely had this happen. It's especially frustrating when that happens on a calm day so the disc never floats to shore, so you get a stick and try to fish it out and end up sinking it. :mad:

Definitely had this happen. It's especially frustrating when that happens on a calm day so the disc never floats to shore, so you get a stick and try to fish it out and end up sinking it. :mad:

try getting two sticks and having one on each side. I've sunk a few with one stick, luckily they were close to shore and i still got them out, but I've since used two long sticks and just picked them up that way.

they wash downstream in creeks easy

"Thar's discs in them thar hills!"
prospector.jpg

I can say by experience that using a Golden Retriever device without being able to see the disc is pretty much a hopeless endeavor.

But feeling with toes will work if the water is shallow enough.

i order a golden retiever last saturday, my friend lost a disc sunday, when it comes in im spending the day blind fishing