• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Lost my favorite disc...

A rod

Birdie Member
Yesterday, out throwing with a buddy at a field, getting some drive practice in. it was perfect out, just a nice breeze. So were throwing my soft anode back and forth shapinglines at around 200'. He want having very much luck throwing it forehand so I pulled out a buzzz. :hfive:

Were throwing the buzzz for 15 min or so and I wanna try and back him up and throw over his head. This 5mph wind was coming over my left shoulder, so I throw this hyzer flip slightly out to my right to try and catch some of the wind. I get less than 10' of height and it was on a pretty steep hyzer. :clap:

Maybe 50' behind my friend there is a divided road with a grass median between the roads. So the disc is sailing, and looks like its gonna come down about 10 feet past him. just as it starts to fade and drop this wind gust blew the disk an extra 5-10 feet higher. it sails way over his head skips off the median and into the back of a parked landscaping trucks trailer full of grass clippings or compost or something.

from where I'm standing to the side walk it's probably close to 325 feet. the median is probably around 350. till now the longest I have ever thrown a buzz is roughly 320. I did get some wind help but after watching the disk fly that far I was practically euphoric.

he turns around and is like hell yeah man, and I'm like yeah holy s did you see that was crazy! So I start pacing to roughly count the distance, in the meantime this dude walks out to the truck. Were both like he better not try to leave, then the engine started and my blood ran cold. I start running towards the truck yelling but he never heard me and just drove off. :wall:

All time favorite disk based on aesthetics and just how comfortable I was with it as I'd had it for quite awhile. Medium/dark blue elite z buzzz with a white stamp. It was so pretty I never even put my name or number on it. Doh!

And now that I've mellowed out from the trauma, I get online to try and find a replacement and they are just not making that color anymore? Wtf the only thing I can find is an SS in that color.. The next best is light sea green blue.

Anyone know if there's a stack of these at the end of the rainbow somewhere or have one they're willing to part with? Thanks in advance

RIP ol blue :\

Was it this color?

6936075572_d6b00eb34b.jpg
[/url]
IMAG0383 by highcountryphotographer, on Flickr[/IMG]

Sorry for your loss. I don't know about the color, but I do know you should be able to pick a Z Buzzz right off the shelf and it will be almost identical (minus wear) to your lost one.

I've lost plastic before, I dont mean to sound like a whiner. This was my absolute favorite, the story is mildly comical looking back, just wanted to share and try to find a new one. Thanks for the sympathy :)

I have other buzzz', thats not really the issue, I dont even have a problem breaking it back in, I just can't seem to find that color