• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Low Profile Putter

mtnryan

After playing the last month and a half (yes I am new), I have seen that I really prefer low profile discs, does anyone have recommendations for a low profile putter?

I used to prefer the feel of a mid to that of a putter. I found the r-pro dart, the XD, and the Discmania(made by Innova) P3. The P3 is almost as stable as a rhyno. The dart is straight for days, barely turns at high speed and barely fades at low speed. The XD is right between, and will wear into a good understable disc. Just my experience.

xd
summit
classic roc
wedge
personally, waiting on an xd to get here to give it a shot. See if I like it better than the ion.

It really depends how shallow you're talking and if you want a true putter. I suggest a judge. Lower profile aviar with a stable/barely overstable flight.

I like using the banger gt. The ringer is another low profile putter.

I came to the same conclusion, tried many different putters, and now throw a Latitude64 Pure for most putts and approaches.

In Opto plastic it's an AMAZING driver putter and also great on long approaches. When thrown hard it's just dead straight or holds a line no matter how far you throw it and it settles down with no fade, but it's got decent resistance to turn so it's not understable.

Also it feels ridiculously good in my hand, I never have problems with grip lock like I do when throwing a deeper putter. I feel just as confident or more driving a Pure as I do driving a mid, it's more controllable than a mid, and it's sneaky long for a putter (it goes just as far as a mid if you give it a bit more height).

In ZeroHard plastic it beats in to being a nice understable compliment to the Opto plastic, I use a ZeroHard Pure for all putts and short approaches.

Just an amazing disc.

Lat 64 spike. That has become one of my favorite putters, alongside my R-Pro Dart and Vibram Ridge.

If your not using a Wizard, your not disc golfing.

This man is a fool. Ignore him.

Low profile goodness:

Pure
XD
Summit
Envy
Swan
Judge
Banger GT maybe?
Warden

IMO Swan is the cat's ass for US goodness and no rolls. Pure is an awesome all around putter that is neutral and versatile. Envy has great HSS for drives and approaches. I am sure I am missing something, but this is a good place to start.

Latest posts