• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Maple Hill-not top ten...really ?

Mando

* Ace Member *
Bronze level trusted reviewer
The title says it all. Why bother having a top ten ?

What difference does it really make? So it's not in the collective DGCR hive-mind top ten. Does that somehow change the quality of the course itself? Maybe it means tastes and standards are changing. Maybe it means there are a lot more top quality courses out there to choose from. Probably all of the above.

the DGCR top 10 is a joke. if your local course has a bunch of "homies" that love it and are on dgcr it can easily be top 10. Same reason course ratings are a joke - I've played average 9 hole courses that are 4.8/5 and great 18 hole layouts that are 3.2.

So, what courses are supposed to be in the Top 10, regardless of reviews?

It would have some debate if someone would just chisel them in place.

Or anyone, for that matter.

Off the top of my head, there must be about 47 courses which somebody has declared should be in the Top 10.

Perhaps we can put something like the Dewey Decimal System into the list, so they can all fit. You know, 1.1, 1.2, 1.3, etc.

So, what courses are supposed to be in the Top 10, regardless of reviews?

It would have some debate if someone would just chisel them in place.

It would save some debate.....

(I need instant coffee---not the powdered stuff, but some that will work instantly each morning)

I agree that MH should be in the Top 10. But if the community doesn't feel that way, then that's that.

It's still my personal #1.

Aren't the top 25 a few good or bad reviews away from being shuffled around anyway? Maple Hill is currently #16. No slouch by our own rating system.

I've currently played 11 of the top 25, and the only course that rivals Maple Hill for me is Rollin' Ridge, but they are very different types of courses.

Aren't the top 25 a few good or bad reviews away from being shuffled around anyway? Maple Hill is currently #16. No slouch by our own rating system.

No doubt. Currently rated 0.04 out of the top 10, by the consensus of those who bothered to review and rate courses. Hardly a slight.

Latest posts