• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Maple Hill Open

That is such a hard shot. It's got to hold the any forever without turning over too far, then flex out hard at the last second. Plus he did it into an insane headwind to boot. That is an amazing shot

This. Those Enforcers are seriously overstable, getting that line right in a headwind is amazeballs.

Really wanted Barsby to take this one down. This year just seems to be going so well for him and his game.

As bad as it was out there for MPO, judging from McFly's video FPO had it even worse. That would definitely explain why FPO was rated a bit higher/

How are the only videos from Maple Hill Open from Smashboxx? Was hoping Gomez or Central Coast would have some videos up by now. I just prefer the better quality and commentary those guys make over smashboxx.

How are the only videos from Maple Hill Open from Smashboxx? Was hoping Gomez or Central Coast would have some videos up by now. I just prefer the better quality and commentary those guys make over smashboxx.

Marty Mcgee covered the ladies, check Prodigy Disc's channel for that. AJ Risley also shot more normal style coverage for The Disc Golf Guy's regular video blog, so look there as well. Also, The Disc Eye was covering Will Schusterick's card so keep an eye out for his videos.

Last edited:

DG Guy has a new camera (4K or whatever) so video quality should go up.

As Star Shark said, AJ filmed (with DG Guys new camera) and I would imagine rounds 3 and 4 will be up sometime this week. Round 1 and 2 are both already up on youtube under thediscgolfguy account.

A fine distinction

The new 4K camera is for SmashboxxTV. Not the DG Guy. But, yes the DG Guy should have the rest of his videos up sometime this week is my understanding. I am sure that Terry will be investing in a new camera sometime soon as his is getting dated.

The new 4K camera is for SmashboxxTV. Not the DG Guy. But, yes the DG Guy should have the rest of his videos up sometime this week is my understanding. I am sure that Terry will be investing in a new camera sometime soon as his is getting dated.

Is it ever possible to broadcast anywhere near that high res over a cell network?

I'll try to have my videos up ASAP. Here's what I filmed during MHO 2015 and will be posted to www.youtube.com/thedisceye :

- Dubz Skinz (Schusterick + Versola, Childress + Mosier, Wysoki + Lutz)
- Round 1 (Schuterick, Goff, Cimala, Kobel)
- Round 2 (Schusterick, Todd, Rico, Barsby)
- Round 3 (Schusterick, Hastings, Rovere, Bowers)
- Round 4 (Rovere, Schusterick, Koling, Feldberg)

Is it ever possible to broadcast anywhere near that high res over a cell network?
unrealistic at the moment. 4k needs ~30Mbps to really be worthwhile. LTE's max upload is ~20Mbps, real world speeds are rarely that high and are, as we've seen, unreliable at best.

at this point it would be pretty pointless to send out a low bitrate 4k stream when 1080p or 720p with proper bitrates looks absolutely fine.

not to mention some devices can't even play 4k because of the high CPU load.

Last edited:
I'll try to have my videos up ASAP. Here's what I filmed during MHO 2015 and will be posted to www.youtube.com/thedisceye :

- Dubz Skinz (Schusterick + Versola, Childress + Mosier, Wysoki + Lutz)
- Round 1 (Schuterick, Goff, Cimala, Kobel)
- Round 2 (Schusterick, Todd, Rico, Barsby)
- Round 3 (Schusterick, Hastings, Rovere, Bowers)
- Round 4 (Rovere, Schusterick, Koling, Feldberg)

Congrats on the ace footage. Of these I hope the doubles is up first.

Bandwidth

unrealistic at the moment. 4k needs ~30Mbps to really be worthwhile. LTE's max upload is ~20Mbps, real world speeds are rarely that high and are, as we've seen, unreliable at best.

at this point it would be pretty pointless to send out a low bitrate 4k stream when 1080p or 720p with proper bitrates looks absolutely fine.

not to mention some devices can't even play 4k because of the high CPU load.

This is dead on. Even 1080 is tough with the bandwidth provided. Right now, if I had my way, I would like to see us broadcast 1080p at 8Mbps. I think that could be pretty clear. But the cost is still prohibitive at this point. Even 720 at 7Mbps would double our costs from the 4.5Mbps that we push at. That would cost us close to $1500-$2000 depending on the providers we use.

Even 720 at 7Mbps would double our costs from the 4.5Mbps that we push at. That would cost us close to $1500-$2000 depending on the providers we use.

Wow, is that per event or just ongoing? Either way I had no idea your bandwidth costs are that high!

Huge shout out to everyone who helped cover the event. :hfive: I'm in awe at all the great camerawork, especially on Sunday when conditions were so awful (esp the FPO final round, wow)

Wow, is that per event or just ongoing? Either way I had no idea your bandwidth costs are that high!

Huge shout out to everyone who helped cover the event. :hfive: I'm in awe at all the great camerawork, especially on Sunday when conditions were so awful (esp the FPO final round, wow)

I'd imagine it's per event.

People wonder why the other guys solicit for "memberships" from viewers and does the Worlds live stream as a Pay-Per-View...that's one of the biggest reasons why.

Latest posts