• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Members Who Have Played 100 Courses!

Congrats!
I'm kind of smiling at this necrobump, thinking of the day when The Valkyrie Kid had only gotten to his hundredth course. He's about to reach his 1000th review!
And imagine, there are now ten to twelve members (out of 7247) who've listed 1000+ courses played. It's amazing!

Congrats Butlertron!

Congrats!
I'm kind of smiling at this necrobump, thinking of the day when The Valkyrie Kid had only gotten to his hundredth course. He's about to reach his 1000th review!
And imagine, there are now ten to twelve members (out of 7247) who've listed 1000+ courses played. It's amazing!
Pretty amazing... I'm actually surprised my # of courses played made it into the top 100 members, but I'm sure there are plenty of non-members out there who've played way more, or who's courses played list isn't accurate (for example, Innovadude doesn't have all his courses played listed on DGCR).t

What really surprised me was the # of players that've been playing over 40 yrs!

Posting just so that I can see my course count without having to hit the profile page.

I know I also have a few private courses that do not make it on to the dgcr catalogue just to keep them private. I think that puts me in the 140s. Regardless, now that I moved 70 miles to the west of where I have always lived, that gives me opportunities to rack up a few more new courses. Also, heading to Am Worlds again this year which always nets me about eight to ten courses. Add in the league road trip I am going on in August, I could see myself approaching nearly two hundred by the end of the year.

Wow! Fast forward this thread ahead about 9 years. In 2008, getting to 100 courses played was kind of a big deal. We now find ourselves with 10 members over 1000 and two more at 998. And many others knocking at the door. I have watched players methodically add courses to their totals. Imagine ahead 10 years to 2027. How many will be over 2000? 3000?

Even though there's proof that The Kid started this thread in 2009, I can't help imagining him attired in some 70s workout suit with disco music playing in the background. It's fun seeing the course count progression of the posters on this thread.

I doubt I had played more than 10 courses, probably closer to 5 when this thread was started.

The first time I touched a golf disc was over two and a half years after this thread was started. :eek:

i joined the site 4 months after the thread was created but had been playing 2 years and had probably played about a dozen courses. 8 years later and the course count says 274 in 22 states. pretty proud of that but if you asked me 8 years ago i'd have probably hoped to be at 500 by now.

anyone else posting in this just so you can look back later and see where you were at?

I was 8 years old when this thread was created, had no idea disc golf existed, and lived in a different state.

Now I am 16, (no drivers license yet) with 25 courses played including 9 states, with road trips planned all summer. Not bad for a kid who has no way to get to courses except his non-playing parents. Best parents ever!

I, on the other hand, had already played most of the courses on my courses played list. Sadly, my traveling days preceded this site. (Man, it would have been useful in the 1990s, though a bit hard to read on my phone).

I had around 15 courses under my belt when this thread started. 3 countries and 4 states later, my causal interest has turned into a mild obsession. I'm hoping to reach at least 4 more states and a baker's dozen or more courses before the end of the year.

The first time I touched a golf disc was over two and a half years after this thread was started. :eek:

LoL. Same. It's crazy how many courses and places I've played in only 6 years....kinda doesn't seem real. I look forward to getting to 200 courses in WI alone this year!

Latest posts