• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] metal flake whippet

money 21

* Ace Member *
pick up a metal flake whippet as part of a players pack at a tourney this past weekend. Holly Sh*t is this thing a pig. never had a disc that would start its hyzer before it had travel a few feet off the tee box.

Ya at the club meeting last night we read the list of Cfr and it was mentioned. Sounds like one of those 12x flat top champ firebirds. Stupid overstable

pick up a metal flake whippet as part of a players pack at a tourney this past weekend. Holly Sh*t is this thing a pig. never had a disc that would start its hyzer before it had travel a few feet off the tee box.

I throw a glow champ whippet x for thumbers, spike hyzers and low line skip forehands and I like the sound of a potentially "more overstable" and flatter Whippet X. The one I have now has a little dome on it, so if I show the wind the flight plate, even a little bit, it can get off line.

The Toy Story aliens in my head just went, "oooohhhhhh"

Very intrigued want to see one now.

Whippets are already fade monsters, then you throw in the metal flakes. BOOOOOOOOOM!!! Instant first aid to OB right. LOL!!! I have a metal flake Gator and that thing is a monster!!!

Can you post pics? I am also intrigued by this rarity.

I used to have a flat 12x Champ Firebird that would hook immediately out of your hand. I didn't like it.

I have several metal flake whippets (cfrs 2yrs ago) and wouldent call them more os than a glow... they fly nearly identical and are in my experience domier than star or glow champs

yep they are domey. but over stable threw it some more tonight against a opto trident and a sparkle tsunami and it was way more over stable then either. there wasn't any wind so I didn't get to test it.

The H1 is a heckuva lot faster than the whip tho. the beauty of the whip is the overstability and lateraly movement you can get with such a slow disc IMO.

Damn. I had thought the whippet was a distance driver. What i don't like about the H1 is the wide rim. I was looking for a utility disc to replace the Pig. Trying to get all Coke and Pepsi out of my bag. I guess I'll have to try coke again.

I have a few MF's that I would part with if you cant find them @ dgv or the innova factory store. FWIW the star whippets that I got from the factory store are at least as os as the cfr metalflakes that I have from a few years ago-

Last edited:

Latest posts