• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Michael Johansen contact info

kerplunk

Double Eagle Member
When I was playing the Alamance County Pro-Am a month or two ago I found a disc that had no name or number. When I looked at it closer later, I realized there was a PDGA# written inside the rim, and when I looked it up it turned out it was Michael Johansen, who won the open division. I would like to get him his disc back, or at least offer, so does anyone out there know him and have his email address or phone #? Please PM me if so. Thanks!

P.S. He is a Discraft sponsored player and this is not a Discraft disc. :eek:

See, even discrap guys know that Innova is better;)

Check your PM

Chances are it is a disc he gave away or sold since he was completely migrated over to Discraft discs last I knew. He used to be sponsored by Innova, so he had a lot of their discs.

Check your PM

Chances are it is a disc he gave away or sold since he was completely migrated over to Discraft discs last I knew. He used to be sponsored by Innova, so he had a lot of their discs.

Thanks, I shot him an email. I didn't want to get him in trouble with Discraft by saying he was throwing an Innova disc- the stamp was removed though...

Winner, winner, chicken dinner. I knew a guy who picked up something like 20 sweet Innova discs off Cam Todd and Lesli Herndon when they switched over to Discraft. They had a whole load of Innova discs they could not use anymore so they sold them. Chances are this disc was lost by an as of yet unnamed third party.

Most of the pros I have met really don't care when they lose a disc. It's gone, whatever. Get another one out of the stash. When they lose a disc that was $$$ they know it's the archer, not the arrow. They move on. I tried to give Scott Stokely back a disc he lost once, and he laughed at me and told me I had a nice souvenir. If Mike Jo sold it to another pro, that pro most likely would have left Mike Jo's # on there as his "unique mark" and not bothered to put anything else on there.

When I lose a disc that was $$$ I look for it for hours. I'm still in mourning over the 8X Roc I threw in the lagoon at Riverside Park ten years ago. :(

This reminds me of the thread where the guy said he found Ken Climo's groove. The thread was really about how cool KC was, but I couldn't help but think what an a$$, KC gets 100s of free discs a year and he didn't tell the guy that found it that he could keep it or at least give him another disc for his trouble.

Now don't get me wrong, I'm not calling KC an a$$, I'm just saying that it would have been much cooler of him to give that guy a sweet souvenir.

Yeah, but to find it in the afternoon round after the pros had played that course in the morning at a tourney that he was playing in (and won)? Pretty strong coincidence.
Why is it more probable that the guy who won lost a disc than the guy who won sold the disc to someone else who didn't win who lost it? You don't win by losing discs. ;)

I'd guess these guys make most of their sales at tournaments.

You guys and your silly brand loyalty.

If they aren't paying you why in the world would you limit your possibilites to one brand. I do the same thing with a lot of my discs that I like to do with my vehicles ... I debadge them. Cause who cares what the stamp says, I care how it flies.

Why is it more probable that the guy who won lost a disc than the guy who won sold the disc to someone else who didn't win who lost it? You don't win by losing discs. ;)

I'd guess these guys make most of their sales at tournaments.

actually the high-end guys like mj, etc don't make many sales at tournaments because they are busy focusing on winning said tournaments.

years ago i played with a top discraft pro who was still throwing one innova disc, this was probably in 97 and the player in question is still a top pro and sponsored by neither company. at this point in the game i'm pretty certain that the "big' discraft and innova guys don't throw the discs of the competition.

years ago i played with a top discraft pro who was still throwing one innova disc, this was probably in 97 and the player in question is still a top pro and sponsored by neither company.
Steve Rico? He never stopped throwing Rocs when he was sponsored by Discraft. I don't think it's a big secret. He just took the stamps off and would draw little pictures of Hawks on them with a sharpie, but they were still Rocs.

Steve Rico? He never stopped throwing Rocs when he was sponsored by Discraft. I don't think it's a big secret. He just took the stamps off and would draw little pictures of Hawks on them with a sharpie, but they were still Rocs.

I read in an interview with Nate Doss that his favorite disc was the Teebird before Discraft signed him. Considering that Discraft dont really have a comparable disc, it must be hard to make the switch, especially if its your favorite disc.

Which is interesting as Discraft are bringing out a new fairway driver at the amateur championships this month. I hope they bring something to compete with the teebird, but in FLX....