• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Michigan New Course Updates

Yeah that map brings to light the rather absurd walks between holes on that course. Played it twice this weekend figuring all the college kiddos would be gone (which they were) and it sure felt like I walked many miles. I think the walk between 13 and 14 is the longest walk between holes in all of disc golf with the walk between 6 and 7 coming in second - on the same course. :\

Man we sure need a solid 18 hole course other than Madeline Bertrand here in Berrien County...

agreed.
at least meyers broadway is down thataway

Just played a brand new course in hemlock, west of Saginaw. Newly finished, very nice. Holes are very short. I shot 6 under with 9 birdies in 19 holes. Hasn't been added to this site yet. Thought I'd give a heads up if anyone reading lives near there. No signs up yet. Near the school on blemke rd off of hemlock rd. hole one is at the end of the drive on the backside of the baseball field right there. -Dan-

Tittabawasee Trails in Freeland, MI has REALLY shaped up. The local league and some really good dudes have done amazing work there. The entire course has wood chips keeping it dry (and smelling nice), directional signage has been installed, all the tee signs have been re-installed (and more permanently), and the brush is under control!

Not only that, but they are expanding! Soon it will be 24 holes with a couple long tees added. If you haven't played here before, it's in GREAT shape right now. And if you have played here before, come back and check it out. I'll post when the expansion is complete :)

And the Mid-Michigan Discraft Ace Race will be held there on October 19. A great reason to come visit the course.

Tittabawasee Trails in Freeland, MI has REALLY shaped up. The local league and some really good dudes have done amazing work there. The entire course has wood chips keeping it dry (and smelling nice), directional signage has been installed, all the tee signs have been re-installed (and more permanently), and the brush is under control!
Good to hear this. Navigation and the washed out condition of the course were major reasons I rated this course a 3.0. Some well applied wood chips and decent tee markers, along with managing the underbrush would make this a very good course. Dunno when I'll make it up that way again (I still need to make it to Burchfield, but to the locals responsible... :clap: :clap: :thmbup: :hfive:

Spring Lake Michigan Course is done

This was just posted on the Lakeshore disc golf clup facebook page.

Good news! Baskets are in and playable! Bad news Bees on #4 ( in pine tree center of fairway and 15ft in left rough 100 foot short of basket) Ryan Heisser was nice enough to leave a disc marking the area...ask him about it OUCH! #9 has a ground nest in bush in the center of fairway that was sprayed earlier.... otherwise have fun and send a spotter on #3

The course is off of old Grand Haven Road between van wagoner and pontaluna roads. if coming from the south get off on van wagoner and turn left go to grand haven road turn right. turn left on wilson course is on left about 500 feet from corner.

I believe they call it the Rats Nest. named so because that was name of the lakeshore disc golf club before they changed it.

Looks like it is listed as "Unplayable" and in RED on this site. Guessing the two reviews are from people who helped work on the course, so there is going to be some bias with those early reviews.

Not sure how I feel about it, by rating it so high they could set themselves up to look bad if people come out there and are not immediately impressed with it. Kind of think it would be better to let some players not associated with the project make the first reviews. By throwing up that 5* review early they are almost asking to be critiqued harder by new visitors.

I hope it lives up to the hype it hasn't earned yet. :\

^^This. I'm posting this a little after I wrote my review, but I expected it to be insanely awesome. I was extremely disappointed. It actually pisses me off even more to know that those reviews were written before the course was even playable. It will show in time. The 6 people that I know that have played it so far, were not impressed at all.

North course in manton, mi is very playable, played yesterday and will rate a four when I review it... Excellent course

This was just posted on the Lakeshore disc golf clup facebook page.

Good news! Baskets are in and playable! Bad news Bees on #4 ( in pine tree center of fairway and 15ft in left rough 100 foot short of basket) Ryan Heisser was nice enough to leave a disc marking the area...ask him about it OUCH! #9 has a ground nest in bush in the center of fairway that was sprayed earlier.... otherwise have fun and send a spotter on #3

The course is off of old Grand Haven Road between van wagoner and pontaluna roads. if coming from the south get off on van wagoner and turn left go to grand haven road turn right. turn left on wilson course is on left about 500 feet from corner.

I believe they call it the Rats Nest. named so because that was name of the lakeshore disc golf club before they changed it.

I think I am going to play this on Saturday, Super excited.

North course in manton, mi is very playable, played yesterday and will rate a four when I review it... Excellent course

Didn't even know about this one. A disc golf resort?! :D Will definitely be checking it out soon.

I think at this point, the resort factor isn't there but there yet, but there is camping sites right on the course (next to baskets) and thats about it for a resort factor right now.... but the potential here is amazing. I am going to post pictures of the course starting right now. reviewing it probably tomorrow.

Great work adrvya, the course is under North Course in the directory. Look reminiscent of Mason from the pics. Elevation seems fun. Yet another great addition to that area. :clap::thmbup::clap:

thanks, I try to do as much work as I can with every course I play to keep the directory as accurate as possible. :)
The elevation is key here... but the basket placement is the real star...

...and reviewed.

Watch out you are not supposed to Advertise that you reviewed a course as asking for thumbs is something that you aren't supposed to do.

Latest posts