• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Michigan New Course Updates

Called Marlette today. The person that answered the phone today said they expect it to be available until Oct 15th.
Have to plan a day trip up to MVP territory...

Maybe we should put together an Altimers trip up to Marlette? Either way, give me a holler when you play to go, Bogey.

Called Marlette today. The person that answered the phone today said they expect it to be available until Oct 15th.
Have to plan a day trip up to MVP territory...

Maybe we should put together an Altimers trip up to Marlette? Either way, give me a holler when you play to go, Bogey.

giphy.gif

Gentlemen, here's what my weekends look like coming up (doing some travelling):

• Aug 23-Aug 26: Minneapolis
• Aug 31- Sep 2: Sugaree and other stuff
• Sep 7-8: open
• Sep 14 - Sep 15: Chicago
• Sep 21-22: open
• Sep 28-29: open
• Oct 5 - 6: open
• Oct 12 - 13: open

I'd prefer not to wait until the last weekend, just in case things go sideways earlier than expected.
Time permitting, maybe we can also hit Swinging Bridge DGC (not sure we can fully trust the sample size of two ratings, but... while we're in the general vicinity? Looks like that would add about 50 miles to the round trip.

Lemme know which of my open weekends works best for you.

Unfortunately, my trip to Sugaree isn't happening. :(
So Labor Day weekend just opened up for me.

Busy on the 7th (Michigan game) and the 28th (WC tourney), other than that my September is fairly open. Penciled in some housework over Labor Day weekend, but I am pretty good at procrastinating for a good cause. LMK :)

Gentlemen, here's what my weekends look like coming up (doing some travelling):

• Aug 23-Aug 26: Minneapolis
• Aug 31- Sep 2: Sugaree and other stuff
• Sep 7-8: open
• Sep 14 - Sep 15: Chicago
• Sep 21-22: open
• Sep 28-29: open
• Oct 5 - 6: open
• Oct 12 - 13: open

I'd prefer not to wait until the last weekend, just in case things go sideways earlier than expected.
Time permitting, maybe we can also hit Swinging Bridge DGC (not sure we can fully trust the sample size of two ratings, but... while we're in the general vicinity? Looks like that would add about 50 miles to the round trip.

Lemme know which of my open weekends works best for you.

You gotta stop by Mill Creek if you're gonna go all the way up to Marlette. Course has grown since the last time I saw you and rupor. Fall colors are great over here. Bring Future Primitive too

The Ponds at Lakeshore in Ypsilanti is now 2-18 hole courses, The Ponds and The Woods. Featuring 6 new holes this year. We'll be updating here soon, closer to when we get cement tees in on the new holes. Both new layouts are marked with new improved signs and the baskets are marked with color coded tape for directions to the next tee. We have back-to-back, wooded par 5's! Ford Lake even now comes into play.

That looks awesome. Nicely done to all involved. Can't wait to play it. I think it's fair to say that Addison isn't living up to the potential there given the terrain.

Funny thing is that, for me, it's my favorite course in SE Michigan. Ton of potential but already a great course.

Hawk Woods Nature Center DGC?

Looks like a small, 5-hole course has been installed in the Hawk Woods Nature Center in Auburn Hills. I haven't played yet, but I work a short drive away and one of my co-workers told me he saw some baskets there. This might be a place I could go throw on a lunch hour. Does anyone know if there are plans to add more holes, or is this it?

Anyone know if there is a different way to request state berths other than joining the MDGO Yahoo group? I do not need yet another site to register with for a group that I am going to use once a year.

Anyone know if there is a different way to request state berths other than joining the MDGO Yahoo group? I do not need yet another site to register with for a group that I am going to use once a year.

Nope, you're SOL. No other way to get them. Additionally, I believe they're all gone for 2020. I requested 4, received 1.

That is the only way, Dave. I also believe it is too late to get any berths for this season.

The MDGO is going through some growing pains, the berth process may change in the next year or two. There was considerable conversation and a vote to keep the process the same. The same groups that are looking to move the berths away from club distribution to event only, are likely to try to keep getting votes on the topic, until they get the change approved, IMO.

For those that have not seen or heard, the Pro States Championships have been cleaved off of the annual Labor Day event in Ludington. This tournament is now AM only, with the Junior States already having been separated last season.

Nope, you're SOL. No other way to get them. Additionally, I believe they're all gone for 2020. I requested 4, received 1.

I don't think that is correct, Tim. A vote was taken last month and I believe the berths will be left as is, pending a new vote. With more and more clubs and feature events, berths are becoming harder to get and most clubs and events are getting less.

There has been a pretty big push to move berths away from clubs and to events only. I have not really heard or understood the motivation for this, I don't perceive the current process as broken.

To say this is frustrating is a bit of an understatement. Why in the world are they still using Yahoo groups for this? Facebook, Twitter...heck set up a sub forum here on DGCR would be a thousand times better than Yahoo Groups to disseminate this sort of information. Mmmkay I am done ranting...

Oh well. Awaiting approval to join this Yahoo Group.