• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Mid-Atlantic Meet '12 @ Hawk Hollow - Sept 21-23

Do you plan on attending?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
have i mentioned how excited i am about finally getting to play Hawk Hollow. it also appears we might have two cars coming from raleigh at this point.

2nd this. All those 400' par 3's and open bombs have you drooling?

have i mentioned how excited i am about finally getting to play Hawk Hollow. it also appears we might have two cars coming from raleigh at this point.

Very awesome. Ya'll are gonna have a great time.

*snickers*

This course isn't as as easy as it looks on paper and in photographs.

Not just long but tough. Hole 7 is a perfect example, Just to get to the open field to throw the bomb you have to get through the woods and across the stream which is exactly 300' from the tee.

Not just long but tough. Hole 7 is a perfect example, Just to get to the open field to throw the bomb you have to get through the woods and across the stream which is exactly 300' from the tee.

definitely less than 300 to get across the creek- i barely throw 300 and clear it easily as long as i don't hit something...

You've got to remember the 2d map doesn't portray elevation. Example hole 1 looks like a boring 400 ft wide open par 3. What the map doesn't show is that it has EXTREME downhill elevation where as I've seen people throw putters off the tee.

drool.gif

Not sure if this has been mentioned, and I'm certainly not going to read 39 pages to see if it has.

The cabins and Lake Anna State Park are an EXCELLENT option for larger groups.

There is a couch pullout bed, 2 singles and a double. Throw in some air mattresses and you can easily get 7 or 8 people in there. We do every year for the VTI.

It's got a kitchen and all you need, really.

And it's like 90 a night.

And it's about 5 min from the course.

New likes throwing far regardless of difficulty I know the course is tough guys Ive seem the VTI DVD.

Rube: Luther Britt became putt putt for me near the end of my stint down there lol. Now I have returned to Charlotte and play good courses.

Not sure if this has been mentioned, and I'm certainly not going to read 39 pages to see if it has.

The cabins and Lake Anna State Park are an EXCELLENT option for larger groups.

There is a couch pullout bed, 2 singles and a double. Throw in some air mattresses and you can easily get 7 or 8 people in there. We do every year for the VTI.

It's got a kitchen and all you need, really.

And it's like 90 a night.

And it's about 5 min from the course.

I think Lake Anna was mentioned, but generically. Great info, THANKS.

Luther Britt was the only course I knew that you have played.

When I was in college it was the only course that I had that was within a 40min drive so it was about the only course I played.

Well I tried the first dye today...

I don't think I'll be able to pull off the multi-color discs. I'd be better off coloring in with a Sharpie. All kinds of bleeds, and the disc looks like ****.

It looks like they will be only black ink. Maybe brown too.

i see them, but it is not horrible.

you know it may not be you. If you were using a beat in disc, they do not do well with multicolored dyes.

Well I tried the first dye today...

I don't think I'll be able to pull off the multi-color discs. I'd be better off coloring in with a Sharpie. All kinds of bleeds, and the disc looks like ****.

It looks like they will be only black ink. Maybe brown too.

Glad I did not send my disc to you yet. I wasn"t sure if I wanted color or just black lines.

So I will make it easy and send a colored disc for a plain black lined dye.

Thanks again Kevin!

Glad I did not send my disc to you yet. I wasn"t sure if I wanted color or just black lines.

So I will make it easy and send a colored disc for a plain black lined dye.

Thanks again Kevin!

If you want to send a white disc you can. I'm going to do yours, pre's & glory's last. Maybe by then I'll be better.

Latest posts