• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Millennium and Hyzer Bomb partnership

if someone from Millennium or Hyzer Bomb would get on here an instill some confidence or post some new pics, I'd prolly buy one...

This... I pimp a ton of millennium discs but I'd like to know more and get a couple reviews. Shoulder straps? Durability? Sturdiness??

This... I pimp a ton of millennium discs but I'd like to know more and get a couple reviews. Shoulder straps? Durability? Sturdiness??

I didn't get to use it, but I spent about a half hour fondling it at Worlds. Solid bag. Sturdy, looks to be well stitched. Plenty of padding on the back and straps. Straps are a bit wider and thicker than the Ranger bag, but not quite like the Spinal Tap. There were 20 in the main (5 of them mids) with one on each side pocket (still easy to access h2o and other side pockets) and one in the top pocket. The top compartment was really nice - the outer zippered pocket could easily hold a putter (no stress on the zipper) or on the inside of the rigid flap was an elastic pouch which could also hold a putter. A putter could not be put into both at the same time however. The top handle was sturdy, the bag sat well on a stool, YKK zippers, and the bag rides high on the back.

I didn't get to check out the rain fly (they didn't have it there) and I forgot to ask if the bottle holders were insulated (I assume they are). Also the back padding doesn't seem to be "vented" like the Ranger or Spinal Tap, so I'm not sure about back sweat being an issue. Also, since my Gel Strapz days, I would like to see if the straps stay put when adjusted or if they "slide" like others.

Forgot to mention - I like the straps on the bottom for an umbrella/stool.

Overall, the bag seems great and well worth the $180 (?).

That green is killer.... I would call it a genius move logistically if they get away from the custom orders.

These will be the only colors available for now. Getting away from customs will make it way easier to stay stocked up. Partnering with a large company like Millennium has been the best thing for HB. It has been a slow process, but we want to put the best product out there possible. A few tweaks here and there are going to make these bags well worth the wait. These bags are legit.

couple questions Stevo:
1) do the water bottles hold a 32oz like a nalgene?
2) how wide is the bag from your back compared to a ranger or a grip?

Couple more questions.
Does the 180 preorder include shipping to usa? Also read something abot free dri fit with purchase. Is that deal still going on. I am trying to decide between this bag, pf contender and possibly a few others in the 180 range. I love the green and grey as well as the orange and black. Decisions decisions?? Lolol.
Also bag would look even more killer with huge hyzer bomb logo on main panel of bag instead of or in addition to plain millenium logo.

couple questions Stevo:
1) do the water bottles hold a 32oz like a nalgene?
2) how wide is the bag from your back compared to a ranger or a grip?

the bottle holders definitely looked big enough for a 32oz but they were empty and I only had a 12oz bottle in my hand... :)

to me it felt slightly wider than the original grip bag, not as wide as the spinal tap or contender and about the same width as the ranger. I'm not sure of actual dimensions, though, so the different straps could make all the different bags feel different

sorry I don't have any better answers

any videos of the version 3 (newest right?) bag?
I wasn't impressed with V1 but looking at pictures my beefs seem to be taken care of. A video would help make my decision.

Also bag would look even more killer with huge hyzer bomb logo on main panel of bag instead of or in addition to plain millenium logo.
maybe as an option. the huge, and ugly imo, logo on PF's bags is what has kept me from purchasing their bags. and to be honest, a giant Hyzer Bomb logo would make me look elsewhere for a bag. but thats just personal taste.

any videos of the version 3 (newest right?) bag?
I wasn't impressed with V1 but looking at pictures my beefs seem to be taken care of. A video would help make my decision.

maybe as an option. the huge, and ugly imo, logo on PF's bags is what has kept me from purchasing their bags. and to be honest, a giant Hyzer Bomb logo would make me look elsewhere for a bag. but thats just personal taste.

2nd run no longer has the huge and ugly logo btw

to me it felt slightly wider than the original grip bag, not as wide as the spinal tap or contender and about the same width as the ranger. I'm not sure of actual dimensions, though, so the different straps could make all the different bags feel different
I think wide was the wrong term. How far did it jut out from your back, ie. depth, ie junk in the trunk

I think wide was the wrong term. How far did it jut out from your back, ie. depth, ie junk in the trunk

Nice... as far as space between my back and the bag, I adjusted the straps so that they fit snug against my back. Depth of the actual bag itself didn't feel noticeably different than the Ranger, Spinal Tap or L series Grip.

these are shipping the week of the 21st.

21st of what month? July? Have the guys that pre-ordered gotten any communication on this? Will there be any warranty against fading. I look at that fluorescent green and all I can think of was the bright orange Revo bags that faded like mad and looked terrible afterwards.........

they start shipping the 21st of July 2013. it's all over HB's facebook and instagram.

I would also like to know if fading is covered in the warranty as i pre-orderd one of the green ones.

I seriously doubt fading would be covered by warranty, that seems pretty unreasonable. Leave anything in the sun long enough and it will fade, especially here in TX. I could just leave the backpack in the back of my truck for a week and get another one...? They'd go broke in a hurry. Just my opinion.

I was sold on the HB bags until seeing the colors -- fluorescent green, bright orange and that weird digital camo? There are adults who play disc golf too. Oh well. Still looking for a ranger if anyone wants to unload.

I am an adult and think the colors are AWESOME!! so tired of black and the other dreary colors available by most companies.

just placed my preorder for a green and grey flak3:thmbup:

I am an adult and think the colors are AWESOME!! so tired of black and the other dreary colors available by most companies.

just placed my preorder for a green and grey flak3:thmbup:

I agree! The green/grey was my choice as well. Glad I could help you out, you won't regret your choice!

I was sold on the HB bags until seeing the colors -- fluorescent green, bright orange and that weird digital camo? There are adults who play disc golf too.

I hear ya. Will there be other colors available for us old timers who don't want to look like that 50-year-old d-bag in skinny jeans? This 50 year old likes things a little more low key. Maybe a black, grey or brown bag in the future?

Latest posts