• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Millennium] Millennium Falcon

Dumped some discs at the shop and traded for a Helio 1.1, Lunar Quantum 1.1 and a Philo 1.4.

Both 1.1 are much flatter, agree they look like different molds. Helio is the flattest and highest PLH so I'm assuming it will be pretty OS. I love glow plastic so hopefully the Lunar is workable. Philo 1.4 is identical to my 1.3 tourney stamp, kinda domey. Gonna test them this weekend and will report results. Can post pics if anyone is interested.

Agree with PMantle about the lack of flashing on Millennium. Felt up a bunch of them and it's almost nonexistent. A bit of rim-rash on the Lunar Quantum.

Stock Sirius 1.1 and Standard 1.1 runs were the original release and look like a different mold than all other runs. Most different is how the outer rim transitions to the flight plate with the 1.1 run having a little hump and levelling out (like a less aggressive Anhyzer top) versus the Shryke-like top transition being fairly flat/constant slope (present on the 1.2+ run stock Sirius). Overall profile for 1.1 Sirius was fairly flat but 1.2 and onward have had a decent dome.

The other 1.1 runs for Q/Lunar Q/Helio Sirius came years after the initial release and have the Shryke looking top.

I did pick one of the stock 1.1 Q Falcons up a few months back in Blue ~175g. Pretty solid flyer and takes some power/anhyzer to turn over. Got me to C1 for my first birdie on a ~425' slightly uphill shot (w/ minor tailwind assistance). Pretty standard Q/Champion plastic feels good w/ a slight dome. Probably a 4.5 on the OTB scale.

After a few months of using this stock 173-5g Q Falcon 1.1 I'm really enjoying it. Pretty stiff plastic when its cold but we've had some mild 50s/60s and at those temps I have really good grip. Solid on FH where I can get full flight out to 350' or more with a healthy turn and forward fade. BH drives can handle max distance throws and shot shaping line drives with some turn & fade.

For those colder temperature days I've been using the stock 171g S Falcon 1.2 I have been working with for a while. Both of these have surprised me with the glide to effort throwing ratio. I can throw them FH standstill or from a knee and they get out to 330' or more making them great woods distance eaters.

I would like to compare the Falcon to a new Star Charger but haven't found a good feeling one in the local stores worth buying.

I would like to compare the Falcon to a new Star Charger but haven't found a good feeling one in the local stores worth buying.

I have two of each, and they are really close. Biggest difference to me is, the Falcons have more uniform dome where the Chargers are domey, but the dome flattens out at the top a little like some Shrykes do. Not sure if I explained that well or not. As of right now, I prefer my new Falcons to Chargers. My old ones haven't been thrown in a while.

Threw a Quantum Falcon today. First time I've seen this disc in any plastic. 163g. Somewhat blizzardy appearance. Average dome. I've never been wild about blizzardy looking plastic, but this Falcon flies pretty well. Wide, shallow rim. Very similar to a Katana in looks and flight. The Falcon is fast and somewhat understable. It'll turn fairly easily, and stay turned for a while. Good driver for hyzerflips or high anny bombs. Fade is fairly late and gradual. The Falcon is definitely less stable than a Boss or Destroyer.

Earlier posts compare the Falcon to a Charger. Threw both side by side today, and they actually are very similar. Falcon's a hair faster and less stable. Both went about the same distance for me (425').

Falcon: 13, 5, -2, 2. Pretty true to the factory numbers. Zippy, fast flier that glides well and gets downrange pretty easily. Good driver for max distance bombing. Can take some big power, but will also turn over entirely if you get too jerky with it.

Latest posts