• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Millennium] Millennium Falcon

I have tried the Enigma a few times but I've ended selling them every time. It just doesn't"click" with me I guess. Do you have any personal experience with thw falcon or Scorpius?

I have tried the Enigma a few times but I've ended selling them every time. It just doesn't"click" with me I guess. Do you have any personal experience with thw falcon or Scorpius?

Never thrown the Falcon, but I've thrown a Scorpius.

Nice disc. Reminds me of a DD3 or a slightly beat in Destroyer. The Scorpius holds the high speed turn a little longer and fades more gradually than a Destroyer.

Anyone throw the philo sig run? They appear to be domey and I'm hoping somewhere between a star destroyer and Shryke.

Looking at these, they definitely appear to be a Shryke top and destroyer esque wing, though the handfeel to me is shallower than a destroyer.

Anyone throw the philo sig run? They appear to be domey and I'm hoping somewhere between a star destroyer and Shryke.

Looking at these, they definitely appear to be a Shryke top and destroyer esque wing, though the handfeel to me is shallower than a destroyer.

The one I tried was closer to a shryke in stability. The first run was significantly more stable. It's a fun disc. I actually based Hole 17 long at Veterans (https://www.dgcoursereview.com/course_pics/191/d1fc8e0f.jpg) by aiming just a bit left -- once it got its nose down it held a drift all the way down the hill. I traded it off because it's not quite enough to stand up to the Texas breezes reliably but in calm conditions it can smash:

I ended up grabbing one. It is def not a destroyer bottom. Either a Shryke clone or very close approximation. I compared it to a Pharaoh, a star Shryke, and a halo Shryke. All appear to be the same or very close molds. The falcon had almost identical PLH to the pharaoh which was almost exactly between the two shrykes. Falcon though had more dome than the Pharaoh.

Had high hopes but throwing around 400' it was almost unusable flippy. I don't throw really high turnover distance lines but prefer flat and slight hyzer golf line shots.

I also didn't love the feel. Def felt shallower than my destroyers and wraiths and never felt confident in my grip.

Had high hopes to bag star destroyers and millennium falcons but no go….

I ended up grabbing one. It is def not a destroyer bottom. Either a Shryke clone or very close approximation. I compared it to a Pharaoh, a star Shryke, and a halo Shryke. All appear to be the same or very close molds. The falcon had almost identical PLH to the pharaoh which was almost exactly between the two shrykes. Falcon though had more dome than the Pharaoh.

Had high hopes but throwing around 400' it was almost unusable flippy. I don't throw really high turnover distance lines but prefer flat and slight hyzer golf line shots.

I also didn't love the feel. Def felt shallower than my destroyers and wraiths and never felt confident in my grip.

Had high hopes to bag star destroyers and millennium falcons but no go….

The early runs of Pharaoh and Falcon seemed to be much different than what the latest runs are (more stability than Shrykes of the same plastic blends). I don't know if Innova just stopped adjusting/changing mold pieces and strictly started running the Shryke mold for all 3 or what.

I've had some really amazing shots with those early run Falcons and Pharaohs that cover a great amount of distance with less effort than most Destroyers & Scorpii require. Much easier to throw uphill or on tighter lines with slight forward fade.

Maybe they'll run some Helio Falcons with the 1.1 mold top :D

Maybe they'll run some Helio Falcons with the 1.1 mold top :D

https://shop.golfdisc.com/millennium-sirius-helio-falcon-limited-edition-two-color
Grabbed a profile pic from their FB post, looks similar in dome to the 1.2 Sirius Falcons I have so not the same profile/top as the 1.1 Sirius run. Looks very much like the profile picture of the Halo Star Shryke on the Innova Pro Shop.

First run stock Quantum Falcons also dropped a couple months back. I've yet to get my hands on one but they rate about the same as Champion Shrykes and the Lunar Quantum Falcons do on OTB's site for dome and stiffness. I wonder if similar patterns for S/Q Falcons hold true as with Star/Champion Shrykes where the Star ones are easier to find 'good' flying domey versions and the Champion are tougher to get predictable flights from. From my understanding the Lunar Q and Metal Flake Q runs have both been understable while Sirius is much straighter.

Attachments

• 309971731_5475404989201783_8457228895626977883_n.jpg
    309971731_5475404989201783_8457228895626977883_n.jpg
    92.3 KB · Views: 26
This is some interesting reading. My two are from when they first came out. They are kinda flat and are definitely not understable. Makes me want to try this mold again.

The Lunar Q Falcon with the 2021 Rock Hill Pumpkin stamp flies perfect to the numbers IMO. Have 4 of em in various weights and they sail!

What's the scoop on the Helio's??

I don't have one yet but the word on FB is they are a tick more stable than a 1.2/1.3 sirius, and seem to be fairly straight-stable. Seems like they follow the trend of looking like shrykes.

I bought my first two as soon as they came out. Both pretty flat and a bit OS for my arm. Recently, I read about understable ones and people mentioned dome. So I checked out OTB who has a domeyness scale and ordered one for fun. Holy cow what a difference. This domey one looks nothing like my first two. Would be like comparing a Boss with a Shryke. Hope to throw it today some.

I don't have one yet but the word on FB is they are a tick more stable than a 1.2/1.3 sirius, and seem to be fairly straight-stable. Seems like they follow the trend of looking like shrykes.

...who would have guessed?

Threw mine yesterday, but the wind was crazy, so I did not dial it in. I do not know what Millennium does, but this disc has zero flashing. It's smooth like Discraft/Royal. I know I am repeating myself, but there's no way this is the same mold from the first release. I wish I was good at side by side pics-maybe I will try again. This one could not possibly look more like a Shryke. OTOH, it more OS/less US than any Shryke or Pharaoh I have ever thrown, and I have been through a bunch of each.

I will probably buy more and avoid the super domey ones because when OTB says domey, they really mean it.

https://shop.golfdisc.com/millennium-sirius-helio-falcon-limited-edition-two-color
Grabbed a profile pic from their FB post, looks similar in dome to the 1.2 Sirius Falcons I have so not the same profile/top as the 1.1 Sirius run. Looks very much like the profile picture of the Halo Star Shryke on the Innova Pro Shop.

First run stock Quantum Falcons also dropped a couple months back. I've yet to get my hands on one but they rate about the same as Champion Shrykes and the Lunar Quantum Falcons do on OTB's site for dome and stiffness. I wonder if similar patterns for S/Q Falcons hold true as with Star/Champion Shrykes where the Star ones are easier to find 'good' flying domey versions and the Champion are tougher to get predictable flights from. From my understanding the Lunar Q and Metal Flake Q runs have both been understable while Sirius is much straighter.
I did pick one of the stock 1.1 Q Falcons up a few months back in Blue ~175g. Pretty solid flyer and takes some power/anhyzer to turn over. Got me to C1 for my first birdie on a ~425' slightly uphill shot (w/ minor tailwind assistance). Pretty standard Q/Champion plastic feels good w/ a slight dome. Probably a 4.5 on the OTB scale.

Threw mine yesterday, but the wind was crazy, so I did not dial it in. I do not know what Millennium does, but this disc has zero flashing. It's smooth like Discraft/Royal. I know I am repeating myself, but there's no way this is the same mold from the first release. I wish I was good at side by side pics-maybe I will try again. This one could not possibly look more like a Shryke. OTOH, it more OS/less US than any Shryke or Pharaoh I have ever thrown, and I have been through a bunch of each.

I will probably buy more and avoid the super domey ones because when OTB says domey, they really mean it.
Can you confirm the tooling says Rancho or Made in USA on the bottom? My new Q 1.1, S 1.1, and a F2 Halo Shryke all have Rancho and my other 1.2 S /Splatter S-blend Pharaohs all have Made in USA. Not sure we can definitively say one tooling is more stable with all the different plastic blends but I'll try to remember take a look at the Shrykes at my local shop to gather some more test points.

Hopefully the next Helio runs are different colors, seems like only a few Yellow/Orange/Red/White color combinations were available this first run. That might produce different dome/PLH variety.

Picked up a max weight star 1.3 from league payout planning on throwing it into my trade stack. Took it out to throw with some Graces and Waves with no expectations since I don't generally throw 13 speed discs. Well, consistently 10-20' longer than the others. Took it out for a round yesterday and repeated the results, I'll be dammed....

FH dominant old dude, legit 350' on a good pull with a Wraith, Grace, Wave. First birdie ever on a 393' hole from around 20', similar distance on a couple more. Needs a good pull to get it to flip up, good turn and glide with a solid fade. Can definitely turn and burn with juice and the wrong angle but dialed in a couple into a 10ish mph headwind.

Agree it looks like a Shryke, more dome than I generally prefer for FH but this thing appears to be my longest disc. Will stick with Waves for BH distance but this Falcon has earned a long tryout.

Dude at the shop said first runs are flatter and more OS.

Dumped some discs at the shop and traded for a Helio 1.1, Lunar Quantum 1.1 and a Philo 1.4.

Both 1.1 are much flatter, agree they look like different molds. Helio is the flattest and highest PLH so I'm assuming it will be pretty OS. I love glow plastic so hopefully the Lunar is workable. Philo 1.4 is identical to my 1.3 tourney stamp, kinda domey. Gonna test them this weekend and will report results. Can post pics if anyone is interested.

Agree with PMantle about the lack of flashing on Millennium. Felt up a bunch of them and it's almost nonexistent. A bit of rim-rash on the Lunar Quantum.

Latest posts