• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Minneapolis/ St. Paul Courses

harr0140

* Ace Member *
Diamond level trusted reviewer
Premium Member
Ok all you locals in the Twin Cities. I am going to be in the twin cities next weekend. I havent found anyone of my old buddies up there who play disc golf, so I am calling out to all you guys. What are the courses to play? I like difficulty, I like wooded courses, I like challenge. I do not like boring simple easy open courses.

I have decided Kaposia is one I need to hit, but would like input into another one. I would like to go up to Blue RIbbon Pines but I don' think I will have that much time. I could play early (before 8 AM, preferably like 7 AM so I can get out of there and back to hanging out with my old friends and brother) Saturday and Sunday mornings. If you want to take me through a course that might be ok to, but I am definitely looking for recommendations.

P.S. I will be back in September for sure so whichever courses I am unable to get to I will likely hit then. I might even have more time in Setpember.

Thanks for your help.

East Bethel (blue ribbon pines). I havent had the chance to play it but there is a lot of hype for that course.

Last edited:
You really should try Blue Ribbon Pines, I just played there and it truely was a wonderful course. You should check out the photos and reviews. Worth the trip!

I agree about Blue Ribbon, but it's super far out there and if you don't have time on this trip, there are other great options in the Kaposia corner of town. Kaposia's "sister course" down in the southeast metro area is definitely North Valley. Many pro tournaments have been jointly held at those two courses. It's less than 10 minutes from Kaposia, too, and a very formidable (and largely wooded) course.

Another one near there that many people overlook, and that I personally enjoy more than North Valley, is Oakwood (in Cottage Grove). Also a great, diverse, wooded/long 18, and not nearly as busy as either Kaposia or NV. So, those are my two votes for you, based on what you're looking for. There are more than 25 courses in the Cities, so maybe you can hit them all eventually anyway. Have fun!

Latest posts