• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Missed ace commiseration thread

Watched my wife throw a DX Leopard lazerbeam right at the basket from the tee, less than a foot higher and she would have had her first ace.

You don't see that everyday...

Attachments

• 10338685_10152081911632724_1337870417440921429_o.jpg
    10338685_10152081911632724_1337870417440921429_o.jpg
    157.7 KB · Views: 48
Drilled the top hooks on no8 at Mt Airy during singles night, with an $800 ace pot.....:wall:
The quest for the elusive 2nd ace continues.......:\

I occasionally chat with an older gentleman at my home course, and we happened upon each other again today. He was telling me about a guy who hits a LOT of aces, and we went on to chat about the ones we'd each thrown there. He asked me to go ahead and throw, and see how close I could come. Ever hit one 'on command', as it were? Neither did I. But we were both breathless as it faded about 6 inches past the back right chains... Would've been sweet...

Never in ten years hit an ace. I've come close too many times to count. But the one that stings the most was on a basket at my local course that had rusted and was lying on the ground broken at the pole. Before I threw, I told my wife I'd probably "ace" the hole today with my luck since it wouldn't count. I threw my Envy and it faded gently to a stop on the downed basket resting in the basket and chains. So frustrating!

^^^ Count It!! :D

actually, IMHO, if that was the intended target, and it was properly suspended by the basket cylinder and/or chain assembly, it certainly would be an ace (and a worthy accomplishment!) :thmbup:

A couple of weeks ago...

The hole: http://www.pdga.com/videos/2015-beaver-state-fling-round-1-skellenger-vicich-waugh-smith-4k 16:00 mark of this BSF vid.

The disc: 11X champ teebird

The shot: anny bh off the tee med. high around the middle trees. hit DEEP in the chains on the fade only to flop out the other side for an easy birdy. Happy with the bird, but this is a difficult hole to even get through the trees and I've never seen anyone hit the basket before... I've thrown this hole hundreds of times... so much not going to happen again...

I threw my Champ Eagle on hole 14 (265 feet) at Bijou Community Park and almost had a skip ace. If it were maybe about a foot further to the right, then maybe I would have had my first ace.

Yesterday at Jones Park in Cedar Rapids, Iowa hole 2 with 5 other friends playing some doubles, i walk up to the tee with a 172 pro destroyer and put it on a nice hyzer line and watch it zero in on the basket...looked like it was going to go deep but the next thing i hear and see is chains and my disc flopping out the back left side of the basket and my disc falling to the ground right under the basket for a drop in bird... would have been my first ace. Oh well.

Crazy week. Skip aced #9 at Veterans Park on father's day playing doubles in group with my son. We went to our other local doubles last night and finished on #9 at Shillito. 2 shots back with one hole left and hit chains dead center, Agony of defeat when I saw it go through and flop out the back!

Almost two years playing still looking for my first ace... Anyways at league tonight we we're down by two strokes coming to last hole one guy asked who's aceing this one being a smartass I said I was... 356ft flat ground trees everywhere I grab my VIP seer and let it rip on the most beautiful hyzerflip I've ever seen laserbeam goin straight for the basket heart thumping yelling for it to get there.. Bam nicked the left side of chains and skipped off basket.... Farthest I've ever thrown oh well took bird finished second

Had one fade just in front of the basket, and one just behind today. Thought they were both going in....

Tomorrow!

Today I threw a 250 feet frozen rope with a VIP AIR Truth that was perfectly centered but it was one inch too low. The last month I've hit every part of the basket and chains with nothing to show for it. I've even passed completely through twice now. The baskets around here suck.

Today I threw a 250 feet frozen rope with a VIP AIR Truth that was perfectly centered but it was one inch too low. The last month I've hit every part of the basket and chains with nothing to show for it. I've even passed completely through twice now. The baskets around here suck.

You, sir, have changed your avatar: Butlertron no more!

I just missed an ace on a 300 ft hole yesterday with my MVP Relay, dead straight, 6-8 ft off the ground and missed 1-2 ft. To the right! So close,what a fun shot to watch fly!

I finally have a story worthy of this thread. Last Monday I was playing our weekly doubles at the local pitch and putt, Arrowhead. My card started on hole 12 which is gently right tuning hole in the 180 foot range. Very aceable. I give my partner the usual speech I give all my doubles partners. If you park the hole, when going first I'll try to ace it and it I hit it I'll split with you. If I park the whole while going first you try to ace it and we will split it. He graciously accepted and he was up first. He did his job putting his disc with in 15 feet of the basket so I step up and say "well you did your job, now it is time to do mine" Let the disc go and bang am side chains and out the right side...almost ace. This park is having some construction done to it so we only have 12 holes out there currently and considering the course is so short we play 24 holes each monday, playing all 12 holes twice. So we come around again to start the second 12 and my partner "crispy" (such a great disc golf name) steps up and does the exact same thing he did in the first round...parks it. so I step up and say "all I gota do is throw it a little bit straighter right" disc out of my hand is perfect, a little less turn heading straight for the basket. BANG it hits dead center band...3 inches to high. 2 almost aces on consecutive attempts on the same hole. I am getting that bad boy tonight for sure!

Latest posts