• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Missed ace commiseration thread

hit bogey belt on a blind 150+ foot flick with my kcp aviar. its short but its hard cuz your right along the side of a line of pine trees then the basket is about 20 ft on the right just after the row of pine trees end

then later today played a round with my buddy and about 250 ish out i throw a meteor and it slightly turned and rode it out. hit the chains and spit out. second spit out with the meteor recently. ive been hitting basket a ton recently but havent gotten an ace since January

Had a chain out in a tournament this past weekend... Would have had to split the ace pot with someone else, but half the moneys is better than none of the moneys... Sad...

Starting off this season just like last. Hit every part of the basket but middle. Thinking 8-10 metal hits so far and no aces. It's some BS conspiracy I tell you!!!! :mad:

:p

hyzer bomb champ firebird smashed the number plate. no ding on the disc either! hole 12 at land of memories. yes i throw a stupid shot like that just for fun.

also a day or two later i hit hole 18 basket. huge turn over with the help of some wind to shoot it left. shot -4 that day which ties my personal best on that course.

im long due for an ace. i can feel it. hopefully bagging my first 300 ft + one this year

Straight shot just a little low on hole 16 at Guthrie. Then the Orc hit the ground, bounced up and absolutely slammed..... into the top of the basket..... so close.:mad:

It was on an Ace pot round too. So I'm still hunting for my first skip ace.:wall:

This is getting ridiculous. Chained out just a hair left yesterday with a DX Roc from 200' then today hit dead nuts center chains (not high) from 211' with a Pure and rejected straight back out leaving me 1 foot in front of the basket. Some BS I tell ya!!!

So today was pretty windy, about a steady 30km/h, and i thought it would be a fantastic day to go out and get some practice. Usually on these practice days I throw all my drivers and ,sometimes mid-ranges depending on the hole length. So today I was on a 275' hole with the wind blowing right to left across the fairway and I throw my drone out on a serious hyzer line and it cuts in across the back side of the basket and hits chains. It dropped out just on the other side about a foot from the basket. So with my next shot I pull out my Flash and throw it out there on a hyzer line again and wouldn't you know it, it hits dead centre on the chains and gets kicked straight back out. I'm yet to get my first ace and while I was bummed that I didn't get the bounces today I was stoked that I was able to throw consistently today with a pretty good wind. One day.

Almost my 1st ace yesterday. 242 ft downhill at Parma #9. My favorite (beat) dx teebird I knew it felt good when I let it go, was just happy to have a good shot....then see it starting to turn...holy crap...its going to....smash...chains...basket rim....and out.

So close...yet so far away.

Hit the cage an inch down on the last hole yesterday...big sweeping anny with a Soft Wizard...looked perfect...but not quite. Has to be the last hole, too, so you get to think about it all day.

Threw an eagle on the most beautiful hyzer flip you've ever seen. Straight down the gut, hit the left side of the chains, and slowly fell out and onto the ground about a foot away. Really would've helped cope with the fact that I was about to die from a heat stroke.

Yesterday I threw my firebird, thumber went straight through the chains. I threw it low, so it was pretty much a line drive and had nothing to catch it after it blew the chains up. Looked badass though.

Yesterday I threw my firebird, thumber went straight through the chains. I threw it low, so it was pretty much a line drive and had nothing to catch it after it blew the chains up. Looked badass though.

sounds awesome. i wanna thumber buzz ace.

anyways i smashed chains. slight up hill. basket pretty blind. heard it smash, but didnt stick. god damm slick kcp aviar

Island green with a tin cup rule. Miss the landing zone with my first shot the next one goes in and stays in. Terrible circle 3

I played in a free tournament on Memorial Day at Sycamore Creek and on hole 15 I ripped a drive with my Roc3 straight at the basket (through trees no less). We all watched as it skimmed off the top of the basket and flew by. Luckily it hit a tree and came back a bit for a decent putt.

Last week at our weekly summer league at Tyler State Park, I was on hole 10 (short tee, A position), Really short hole probably the shortest tee/basket location on the course. I step up to tee off and throw my SSS Wizard in a dead straight laser beam to the dead center of the chains, being as this would have been my first ace short hole or not, I got real excited, threw my arms up and turned around to look at my buddy. The look on his face said it all, I turn back around, and there it is lying on the ground underneath the basket. Would have been good for the ace pot too!

Playing camp sankanac hole 11 in a serious rain storm. Hole plays up hill with a mando OB hill at the top of the hill. Throw an ESP comet on a slight any line. Smashes the chains just to the right of the pole and sets down about a foot away.

I had a chain out yesterday at Twin Lakes hole 2. I have aced this hole once before with this being my third chain out. Throwing a Magic on a slight anhyzer line and just let the disc do the work. I did the Tiger Woods walk to the left, about to fist pump and NO.

Two posts in a row for me. I must be good. AHAHA. I threw a big spike hyzer over a few trees yesterday with a Viper. All I heard was chains. Got to the basket and there it was on the ground. I must not be that good. Birdie!!

That is awesome. One time I saw a guy throw a huge tomahawk about 70 feet in the air that came down directly on the top of the basket. If it went in I think there would have been a 'splosion.
Last week at our weekly summer league at Tyler State Park, I was on hole 10 (short tee, A position), Really short hole probably the shortest tee/basket location on the course. I step up to tee off and throw my SSS Wizard in a dead straight laser beam to the dead center of the chains, being as this would have been my first ace short hole or not, I got real excited, threw my arms up and turned around to look at my buddy. The look on his face said it all, I turn back around, and there it is lying on the ground underneath the basket. Would have been good for the ace pot too!
You have a weekly league at Tyler? That must be nice :thmbup: Some day I hope to play there again.

I have a missed fairway-ace story. I was on hole 9 at Evans Park and behind the big mound of dirt that's in front of the basket. I had a blind shot and thought to myself "I am going to hyzer the Zone right into the basket". I threw what felt like a perfect throw and as my disc left my sight I heard chains. My brother looked at me in disbelief and I said I called it! Alas, we walk around and my disc was on the ground. :\ Still a great shot for me, though.