• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Missed ace commiseration thread

Took a friend out that has never played before. I told him about my chain out on hole 18 at ann mo after he asked about hole in ones as we approached 18. I through a moderately hard hyzer at it with my suspect because the wind was blowing left to right. the disc skipped on the short grass and hit the middle of the cage. sooooo cloooooose.

Hit the Top of the Basket on Hole 11 at Basil Griffin Park during the BG Ams this past weekend. An ace during an A tier would of been great, even have a yellow scuff on the bottom of my disc.

I Threw a pro Valk into the lake just by the shore. I threw it toward the next tee to dry it off as bit. Then I threw it from the next tee, about 260, and the sucker hit the bottom basket on a beautiful hyzer line. Closest ever for me.

I threw the same Valk in the same lake on the next hole, and was able to retrieve it again.

Always thought Pro plastic was a slippery mess, but when it is wet it gets pretty grippy. Surprise.

hole 3 at land of memories i skipped it (wasnt even tryna play the skip)

probably wont ever come that close again. that hole is well guarded by trees and its all luck to get in that far haha

49025432.jpg

Hole 12 at Madeline Bertrand in niles michigan last Wednesday hit the chains then bounced out the basket I wanted to cry. I told my buddy before I threw hey what if I throw a perfect straight arrow shot at it an goes In. I shouldn't of said anything lol

I had three...THREE today in one round! I can't be too mad, as I tied the course record.

First was a 325 foot shot with my CE Firebird. Normally I try to take a big high hyzer (or BDH, thanks Central Coast Disc Golf!) but because of recent foliage blooming, I had to keep it a little lower. Smashed into the pole maybe five inches below chains. Took a good chunk out of my Firechicken.

The next was the very next hole. Its a 225 foot island hole with a ton of OB. I threw my Neutron Envy, which has a slightly straighter finish than my Proton Envy and just ran right at it. I hit the numberplate and thanks to some untrimmed grass, stayed in bounds.

My next one was a few holes later, a 370 foot downhill that is normally a tunnel shot, but also has a good hyzer and forehand/lefty hyzer line. Feeling a bit frosty, I busted out the QOLF and threw it about 80%, flat and to the right of the tunnel of trees. It faded at just the right time, but again, missed chains and hit the pole. I wasn't too lucky on the skip though, and ended up with a 30 foot comebacker that I just barely hit.

First ever metal hit today. Only 163' but it is low and a tight hole. Teebird on a low laser line and off the pole. I knew it was too low to go in (and obviously pole not chains...but it was still very exciting.

Playing in a monthly bag tag today. $120 ace pool. 288' hole, double mando to the left. Forgot my anode at home. Throw my tangent, hits the top of the bucket, hits all the chains on the left side, pushes through 20' further to OB. Boo.

Almost had aces on hole 11at City Park in New Orleans and hole 11 at Selah Lakeside this past week.

I play a 9 hole course at Chamblee-Dunwoody Methodist Church on my lunch breaks on Tuesdays and Thursdays. I have 2 cubby aces (both last year exactly 1 week apart from each other) on hole 4... a wide open 250 foot shot with a steep 8ft drop to OB water about 20ft from the basket on the left. Last week on Tuesday, I hit the front of the basket on my 1st drive with my Prodigy M1. On Thursday, I glanced off the top of the basket with the same disc also on my 1st drive. I will get a legitimate ace on that hole!!!

Two basket tops in two rounds, then I lost the disc a day later. That thing was hungry. CFR Glow Boss. First one was 240' hyzer hole, don't usually run a driver but figured I would run the skip ace line. Lined it up and crank it low on 70% power. Hooks up, starts fading, skips and tags number plate. It falls by basket for an easy bird. High fives all around.

Next round, arrive at hole I ran by in first round very close. This is a forehand hyzer about 230'. I line up and do it same as before. It is up, looking good, P'CHANG right off the top cage.

Really bummed I lost that disc, it will make someone an ace if they ever find it. Lost it warming up for glow round on private property. Hadn't even inked it yet.

Drone.
'265.
Hung in the chains for a solid 2 seconds (spinning I presume) as I am jumping up and down shouting at my buddy, who is shouting at me... turn around and watch it fall out of chains, hit the rim - fall on the ground.

After this past weekend, my "(chain) missed aces" now leads the "aces" 5/4.
And I noticed how impossible it is to quit thinking about 'em during the round they happened in...

I played bear creek with about 14 people last Friday evening. There was also a group of 14 or 16 in front of us. I hit #4 right side chains and it blew out. That disc would have been illegal with all that extra weight from all them signatures.

The second round I took the same line and tickled the chains. I've never hit the same basket twice in one day. The worst part is that I've never had more than 1 witness/signature on an ace disc. It was a great day of disc golf.

After this past weekend, my "(chain) missed aces" now leads the "aces" 5/4.
And I noticed how impossible it is to quit thinking about 'em during the round they happened in...

That's pretty lucky. My chain outs have got to be 10 times more than my aces. Maybe more like 5 times. 35/7 sounds more accurate. If you factor in metal hits it might push it to 100 times more though. :sick:

I was playing a round at a new course (to me) up in New Berlin, WI today. Ended up pairing up with a random local since the group ahead of me was going slow.

Hole 18; 240' wide open shot. Lots of people milling around waiting for leagues to start. I throw my trusty Comet... thing's on a great line... fades right at the basket... and hits the pole on the fly about 6" under the cage. :(

Wouldn't have been a spectacular ace, but it would have been sweet in front of a ton of strangers. Oh well...

calvary in st cloud mn. hole 16 the wind was howling so i threw my ti stalker to tame the wind. ended up flipping to flat. on a laser to the basket, dropped and hit the pole

Latest posts