• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Monthly Disc Golf Subscriptions

Redwingsrox5

Has anyone tried or is currently subscribed to any disc golf membership? If so, what has your experience been with them and which one is them. I've seen a few out there, some offering 3-5 discs a month for $40 plus "swag". Others are 2 disc plus gear for $29. I'm finding there's a few companies offering these deals, but wanted to hear from some guys that have had experiences with them. Thank

You mean a service like Disc 2 Door?

And if you click that link, well you'll see how well that went over.

Don't know why anyone would subscribe to any of these services that dictate when you get discs, how many, and sometimes which ones you can get, when its so easy to acquire plastic without those "Columbia House-esque" strings attached. This ain't the 80's. You got better options.

3-5 discs a month for $40 doesn't really sound like a deal, especially if you have no say in what you are getting.

i buy 2 - 5 discs per month in the peak season...

in the color, weight, mold and plastic i prefer...

Always hope DG-related companies succeed, but this subscription idea baffles me.
Don't see the need or the advantage, but there's probably someone out there that might benefit.

If they could guarantee me a collectible or first-run or something unique, I might take a second look.
The big disc companies require that you buy sizable minimums (I believe) in order to get or make exclusives, so it's hard on a small company starting out to make those guarantees.

I have bought plenty of discs that I ended up not liking or using (and that was with me picking what I wanted)...paying for random discs would greatly increase my odds of getting discs I did not want.

Not saying I would subscribe to any disc service like this, but I am subscribed to "Mystery tackle box" which is a fishing version.

The allure of it all for me, is in trying new, different things I wouldn't normally buy, or maybe just never thought to buy.

The fishing box is much cheaper too....

Sounds like a way to dump extra stock that doesnt sell lol.

This, or guys out there thinking they're going to make a quick buck off disc golfers, not realizing that many of us are very particular and product-knowledgable in what we buy. Like Bob said, $40 isn't a deal (at least, not for a "grab bag").

Exclusives > Columbia House-esque

So, I noticed one person mentioned that if there was some sort of limited run then it might be worth a second look, because just having someone curate your discs that you could get off the internet is pretty useless. I agree, and that is why I like to think that my subscription box service is something worth taking a look at.

I am the co-founder of Chain Cutters Union. We are a quarterly, rather than monthly, subscription that creates an exclusive design that is hot-stamped on discs and screen-printed on nice shirts or other apparel. The designs are created by my friend who owns a downhill skiing shirt company, and his stuff is really good. Our designs are created to be wearable on and off the course.

Regarding stock - we order only enough to fill our orders and a couple extra for ourselves, no more, so a true limited run. We make 2 of each disc type stamped with a different foil and 1 other stamped with 3rd foil, adding 2 more levels of rarity to the discs, kind of like trading card games and their rare/uncommon foil cards.

We are shipping out our 2nd box this week, with the theme, Search and Rescue. We also put in some other items that we curate from small companies (not the free swag the big vendors give out at their booths). Our first box included Pat McCormick's Zen and the Art of Disc Golf paperback book, a CCU mini, a customer founders sew-on patch, a discount for NutSac bags and a couple other CCU branded stuff.

I saw someone mention that some subscription companies might just be trying to make a buck on the disc golf community. So far, we are running in the red. We are hoping to finally get positive after our 3rd quarter, but that isn't our goal. We noticed there wasn't anything like this, and we wanted to make our own discs and shirts, but as someone mentioned, needed volume orders, so we thought it was a great way to share it with others in the community.

There are some unboxing videos and photos on our Facebook, but I attached one just to give you an idea.

I hope this came across as intended, more of an attempt to just shed some light on the existence of a non-Columbia House-esque service for the OP, and not so much a blanket sales pitch.

We have been very open with the community so far, even emailing out a breakdown of our financials for box #1, so if you have any other questions, looking to get some insight into why or how we are doing it, let me know.

Jeremy
@chaincutters_jz on Twitter

Attachments

• 17687_10155743116565343_6859847483740757754_n.jpg
    17687_10155743116565343_6859847483740757754_n.jpg
    90.6 KB · Views: 99
Just signed up for the disc golf box... you can enter a ton of preferences in regards to brand and what you will and won't throw. They have mailed first run discs on several molds as they come out. will see if I like mine or not.

I've actually been quite impressed with the Infinite Discs VIP Club. Every month has been either a disc in previously unreleased plastic blends (750 A4, TI Undertaker, Metalflake FD, Swirly TP Destiny) and all have custom stamps that are otherwise unavailable.

No, I don't get discs that I'll throw in the bag every month, but I do get something unique that is a minor collector's item and interesting at the least. For the price of a disc + shipping, I get something limited. I like that. Plus, stickers, towels, bottle openers, patches, carbiners, bag tag, keychains, ect.

I've actually been quite impressed with the Infinite Discs VIP Club. Every month has been either a disc in previously unreleased plastic blends (750 A4, TI Undertaker, Metalflake FD, Swirly TP Destiny) and all have custom stamps that are otherwise unavailable.

No, I don't get discs that I'll throw in the bag every month, but I do get something unique that is a minor collector's item and interesting at the least. For the price of a disc + shipping, I get something limited. I like that. Plus, stickers, towels, bottle openers, patches, carbiners, bag tag, keychains, ect.

I went to their website, which I use all the time, and couldn't find anything about this. I tried the search box for VIP Club and just looking through the menus. Can you tell me how to find it on their website? Thinking of a subscription for a friend of mine as a Christmas gift. Thanks!

I went to their website, which I use all the time, and couldn't find anything about this. I tried the search box for VIP Club and just looking through the menus. Can you tell me how to find it on their website? Thinking of a subscription for a friend of mine as a Christmas gift. Thanks!
The link with information can be found here:
https://infinitediscs.com/blog/vip/

It says there that the club is currently full, but I don't know how up to date that is. Fwiw, I highly recommend it. Like @Reniger, I have been impressed with almost every release so far. The stable A4 and the flat(ish) FD are my favorites of the releases to date. Always look forward to the arrival of that gold foil envelope!!

Discmember

they sent out a Flex Blend Tremor, a dri fit shirt, three stickers, and a 15% off for January.

Anyone else using this? I'm planning on donating most of it to Okthrowberfest 2018 (10 year anniversary!).

Discmember

they sent out a Flex Blend Tremor, a dri fit shirt, three stickers, and a 15% off for January.

Anyone else using this? I'm planning on donating most of it to Okthrowberfest 2018 (10 year anniversary!).

I was a suscriber to discmember during the season. I did enjoy their shipments, which include a first run or original stamp disc in each shipment, plus some miscellaneous swag which includes drive fits, etc. I really enjoyed their service, and will likely re-up when the season comes about again!