• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

More ironic disc finds

Sorta....

Before inking a found on the course 9.5/10 175 EStar Destoyer, I got a call on the way to the same course from a dude that found two of my discs in the most unforgiving shule on earth. Apparently he lost his Destroyer (and a pint) in the nastiness.

I wanted that Destroyer, but he most definitely earned it.

First disc I ever bought was a tye dye road runner (didn't care about what it was but it was colorful lol) lost it a couple months later. Had my name but no number on it. 3.5 years later a guy that I was playing with in a mini heard my name and told me he had found it. Not that I cared for the disc to throw but had sentimental value.

Threw my money 10x kc pro eagle into a cedar tree looked for 20 min couldn't find it. Came back a week later looked again and found it at the top of the tree.

Lost an 11x teebird with my name and number on it. I get a call from a guy saying he found it while I was still at the course. I thanked him very much and told him that I appreciated him calling so much he could just keep the disc. This is the only time someone called me and I felt I should keep the karma going.

I found a champ boss tombstoned in the middle of a fairway this weekend. Looked around to see if anyone was around. I called the number on the back and it said the number was disconnected. I got excited because I was thinking about getting a champ boss for about 2 months now. Got to the parking lot and someone was pulling up to play a round. Asked him if he know 'such and such' on the back of the disc and he knew the guy, who was actually on his way to the course to join him.

I hope returning that one get me some of that good karma because I would LOVE to have one of those in my bag right now!!

I don't know that I would call it ironic, but last summer I played Redstone Arsenal in Huntsville, AL with my cousin who lives there. We were warming up our drives by the first hole and I threw a disc into one of those HUGE trees. It looked stuck, but about 5 seconds later 2 discs fell out of the tree. I felt like I just played one of those claw stuffed animal games or something.

I don't know that I would call it ironic, but last summer I played Redstone Arsenal in Huntsville, AL with my cousin who lives there. We were warming up our drives by the first hole and I threw a disc into one of those HUGE trees. It looked stuck, but about 5 seconds later 2 discs fell out of the tree. I felt like I just played one of those claw stuffed animal games or something.

thats awesome!!!!!!!!!

back some years ago i lived in walla walla, wa. we had 1 course to play, and an old pro that would sell discs out of his car on weekends (cash only), or good faith you'd see next saturday and repay him from whatever you grabbed. any treat out of town was rewarding of a disc in a pro shop in and of itself and the closest shop was an hour away in tri-cities. an old fisherman shop along the river that sold beer, worms, and discs. it was my first time into a real store that had discs. a place where the discs weren't limited into disorganized tubs of discolored anarchy.

This paragraph made my eyes cross. It was like one of those emails "From the Most Honored Ambassador the Republic of South Nigeria"

Couple of years ago I played a round with a few guys just before sundown. We got to the final hole and it was getting pretty dark. I threw my white flash and grip locked it. It landed in knee high fern bushes that were all over and it was too dark to really find the disc without a flash light. We gave up after 5 or so minutes and figured I would be back out to play the next day to check for it.

Well when I was on my way to the first tee box the next day one of the guys I was throwing with the night before pulled into the parking lot and tossed me my disc. He had played earlier and came across it and just happened to see us as he was leaving the course.

Last edited:
Ha, 2 along those lines of above:

1) Last year we found a star shark sitting on top of a basket at Oregon Park in Marietta. We called the guy thinking he might have set it up there and was still on the course.

He lived in Maryland and had never been in GA. Weird part was he lost the disc 6 weeks earlier in a field behind his apartment, not on a DG course.

2) Christy lost her star stingray up in a tree at Alexander Park. We saw where we thought it went in and shook the tree and an orange pro beast fell out, no name or number. Her disc did not and we couldn't see it either so we eventually gave up.

6 weeks later a dude called and his buddy had thrown up in the same tree, they shook it and her stingray fell out.

I griplocked my red S-PD into a tree the other day and when it fell out it brought a red Beast with it. Gotta love the old one in two out trick.

Played One down here in Mobile, AL last sumnmer, whrew a disc into some bushes, and looked in the bush, and found not only my disc, but two others (Star Teerex, Z flash, tourney stamped) with no numbers as well.

I have two from my pratice field:

First one happened a while back. I was going through my bag, and I knew something was missing, but I couldn't figure out what, since I throw my main discs and back ups at the field. The field is about 270ft long, and then there are some trees starting at the 275ft mark in the field. I am the only one that ever uses this field and I am glad, because I was walking among the trees, and I found a Star SL that I had thrown at least 2 weeks earlier. I can't believe it sat out there all that time , just laying on the ground.

In that same field , there is a row of thick bushes, about 3ft high, that run the length of the field and separate the parking lot from the field. These bushes are very thick, and like to eat discs.

I threw a Surge SS and the wind caught it, and it went in the bushes towards the end of the field. I don't remember if I looked for it or not. I tend to throw so many out there, sometimes I loose track.

3 months later, I threw another disc, and it looked like it had also gone into the bushes. This time, I went and looked for that disc, and as I was looking through the bushes, there was that Surge SS stuck in the bushes. I had to laugh, because some ants and put a bunch of dirt inside the rim, and were living in the inside of the disc. I was happy to get it back, and I couldn't believe it had been sitting out there that long.

Haha this whole thread makes me feel like the loot that is found in video games can actually exist in real life too

My dad teed off with his day glo xpress and picked it up and continued the round and never threw it again. About a week later we were playing and he couldn't get his Xpress do anything he wanted. He finally realized that his day glo "Xpress" was actually a day glo Beast. All we can figure is that when he tee'd off, the the beast was around where he threw his Xpress and he thought it was his. He is still frustrated because that was his go to disc and the new Xpress he got doesn't fly quite the same

To go off one of the stories involving open field practice, at my second job at Target I have a section of rarely used parking spaces that leads out into an open field. This field is technically owned by a farmer but since it is adjacent to the Target building and no more than 250 feet wide, it is not used for anything. So, given about 150 feet of unused parking space and then 250 of field, I have just over 400 feet to work with before I hit a road. Even then, the road is slightly elevated, maybe three feet above the field, making it seem more like 430 feet of throwing space.

During the winter since I am the only one out there, I have no probolems throwing in the snow because finding marks is really easy. Thanks to almost no lights on the back of the building except the giant Target logo, I can even throw at night and use that one light as a way to look for reflections off the snow.

Except for last year. After breaking out the new Gold Line Halos, one of which was given to me as a Christmas present from my mother-in-law, I took them out and threw them during my break. One of them sliced perfectly into the snow and after 30 minutes of looking (1 break and then for 15 minutes after my shift at 9pm at night), I had to give up. Normally when I give up on a disc I know it should be safe because again I am the only one out there. The previous year I lost an ESP Pulse for two months but found it no problem once the snow melted. However, last year the farmer decided to do something incredibly unexplainable. The day after I lost my Gold Line Halo he dug a huge trench down the center of this field and was going to use it for landfill for woodchips. It basically looked like a giant cul-de-sac with one end being filled up with a base layer. He only did this once or twice, leaving the field as an eye sore until it was smoothed out during the spring.

Lucky for me as whatever he used to scrap up this frozen field my GL Halo must have been on the edge because it was sticking up on the embankment of this trench, half out of the snow. It had one minor scratch on the lid but otherwise was unharmed. It easily could have been bulldozered over and never seen again.

Except for cutting the wild grass, the farmer has never done anything else to this field ever again.

What is great about this field is that since the first 150 feet of it is actually rarely used parking spots, I can use the parking lines as an 11 foot wide gap that I try to keep all of my drives inside of, as a sort of target to work on my aim like an imaginary fairway. If I can keep it within the lines then I know approximately where they will land in the field every time.

Got a call from hedfan1 a few days ago. He found an Avenger SS with my name on it at Lum Park in Brainerd, MN. He was bummed that I had played the course without contacting him for a round. I've never played Lum Park, I lost that disc at Blue Ribbon Pines in the pond. One of these days I'll make it up there for a round with those guys, I've gotta get my "ASS" back.

Why do you all correct each others typos and spelling errors so much? Obviously you figured out what they were trying to say or you couldn't correct it. Just ignore it and move on please?

no.. the spelling nazi's must correct

Got a call from hedfan1 a few days ago. He found an Avenger SS with my name on it at Lum Park in Brainerd, MN. He was bummed that I had played the course without contacting him for a round. I've never played Lum Park, I lost that disc at Blue Ribbon Pines in the pond. One of these days I'll make it up there for a round with those guys, I've gotta get my "ASS" back.

That's pretty weak. The few times I went to BRP, they required an ID before they let someone take home a disc they fished out of the pond, to make sure the name on the disc matched the name on the ID. I suppose they can't police it all but I feel like they were pretty careful.

As far as the OP goes (which people may or may not be reading at this point), a pal of mine made a similar decision. Found a SUPER beat in DX wraith. No number, so he decides to keep it and it becomes the "water disc" because it's cheap. It may not look like much, but I kep telling him that this disc was money, and needed to be used for boom boom home run drives. Ends up throwing it in a pond at acorn (which is not usually a pond, but was waist deep thanks to the ridiculous thawing in MN) and someone else will reap the benefits of a crusher disc

I just started playing after Christmas 2010. Thought I'd make my first post here to tell my cool trading up story.

My girlfriend wanted us to take up disc golf together, so I got her some discs for Christmas last year. Our third round out, and she looses her brand new champion valkyrie in a pond. I get her a cheaper dx beast to replace it. The very next week, we are back at school in Orlando playing the course at UCF, and on her first throw at hole 1, she throws her new disc into the pond. I guess we should have warmed up first with the new disc. It only landed about 15 feet from shore, but I didn't feel comfortable wading in after it. Not wanting to lose two new discs in a row in water, we decide to rush back to my place and get my kayak. I spot the bright orange disc in about 6-7 feet of water, but after spending 30 minutes trying to scrape it off the bottom with my paddle, I have to call it quits and leave for work. As I paddle back to the other end of the pond so I don't have to carry my kayak to the street, I spot a bright yellow disc just a couple feet from shore in maybe 20 inches of water. I reach in and pull out a nearly new (probably 9/10) Star Ontario Rock with a "August 23, 2008 Little Big Show" stamp on the front. Definitely nicer than a dx beast! I called & texted the number on the back, but never got a response. I think I found the guy on myspace but he has yet to answer my message, so until he does I'm going to enjoy throwing his Roc, just not on any water holes.

lost my pro wraith on a long water hole.. clipped chains and found a small piece of sidewalk to skip off into the lake.. when I got over there, i thought i saw it... after digging awhile, I pull out a seasoned dx roc with a big bird stamp... i don't throw rocs

I watched a group of teenage guys go into the lake at Limona today looking for discs. They found about 30 but not my buddy's Champion TB. I watched them walk away and after they left I saw an orange disc they had left behind in the grass (by accident I'm assuming).

I now have a (9.5 on sleepy scale) orange 170 DX Wraith. And it flies great too. :)

Latest posts