• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

More ironic disc finds

I found a dx wolf threw it a few times, didnt care for it so i gave it to a friend who wanted to try it. He threw it for a few weeks then he lost it one day. A few weeks later i was walking over a bridge in the same park as one of our course and i looked down and saw a disc in the water. I decided to go in and get the disc, turns out its the wolf. So i just left it in the backyard for throwing around into the practice basket. But alas one day it turned up missing again an i found out a friend through it over the fence when he was drunk... Hasnt come back yet Lol

My super flippy Avenger SS has been lost twice - and returned twice

1st time, an area at my home course was flooded, most of which was shallow, relatively clear water. Except there was one circle of the flooded area, about 8ft in diameter, with about 2.5ft deep, dirty water. Guess where my disc went in the drink? I borrowed waders from my church and searched it all over, no dice. Got a call a couple weeks later from a guy who actually lived about a mile away from me

2nd time, I threw it on a blind hole and it got lost in grass that desperately needed cutting. I get a text from a girl in high school that I know, who runs cross country. She said that one of the guys on the team (who I am not fond of) found the disc, and was going to keep it, but luckily she confiscated it from him and returned it to me =D

Last Summer I lost my go to Purple Champ Beast on 15 at my local course. I was playing with one of my roommates. We finished the round and my roommate had to head out, but my other roommate was on his way out so I stuck around to play another round with him. We walk up to the tee pad on 6 and there are two discs sitting there, uninked. A Dark Blue Star Beast and a light blue DX Beast. I let my roommate have the DX and i kept the Star. A couple weeks later me and both roommates were playing a round at the same course and i cash my first ace with the Star Beast on 5. I'll take that trade.

I was playing in Iowa a few years ago warming up for a tournament. There was this one hole where you had to crush a huge hyzer around this giant tree, and then go further uphill to the basket. We both threw our drives around the tree, walked up to our lies, and just as I'm lining up my next shot I hear a disc fall behind me. My initial thought was that someone was throwing on us, which kinda pissed me off. I looked back at the tee, but there was nobody there. I walked up to the disc and it was an old circle stamp Barracuda in mint shape. The top was faded almost white, but the bottom was bright lime green. It had a number on it. I called the guy, and he happened to be at the park that day. I returned the disc to him and he said "whoa, a Barracuda! I haven't thrown those in at least 10 years!". He was a local at that course. Judging by the amount of sun fade on the top of the disc and how mint it was, I'm assuming it was stuck way up there in that tree for all these years. The tree was really thick so I wouldn't be surprised.

edit - thanks for finally adding some irony, Leewaye. I was wondering about that.

A thrift store recently opened up right next to our warehouse. And we now have a steady stream of kids all over our parking lot everyday.
So my son and I are inside practice putting with the garage door up just a bit for air. We practice for about a half an hour then leave to City Park and play 18 holes. When we get back we find my son's gummy Champ Rhyno sitting in the parking lot. Somehow we played 18 holes without noticing it was missing and not a single kid from the thrift store picked it up. It must have rolled out under the garage door.

Pro Wraiths

Several years ago I was playing with a group a people in a casual round and threw my pro wraith around a blind corner into the edge of the woods. I had only had the disc a couple days and had not put my name on it yet. I began looking and the group helped. Within a few minutes someone spotted the disc in an evergreen. I walked over and looked up at the disc. White Pro Wraith, 175 grams with a red stamp.

I looked back and said "I'm pretty sure mine was a yellow stamp, this is a red stamp." They chided me "Did the stamp change?" "175 White Pro Wraith... looks just like your disc." I took a few steps away from the tree to find my disc which looked exactly the same but with the yellow stamp. I guess I was the lucky one. I found my unmarked lost disc and an exact replacement. Just over a week later I hit an ace, not with the original, but with the found disc.

A few years back I put a yellow Star Starfire in a tree. I could see my disc up in the tree, so I shook the tree and a white Star Starfire fell out. After a little more shaking my original Starfire showed up along with a DX Valk.

wind gusts from that storm that went through alabama HOOKED my TL out on to a ball field. i walked out there to grab it and right beside it was another disc which said real big on the front.. HOOK SHOT

The first disc I ever found was at riverside park, but buddy had thrown a Blue star disc (not sure what it was) so I am looking in the side of the hole by some water where he thought it landed. I look and in the water is a blue disc, I pull it in and it's a blue ESP Flick, he then finds his disc right there. I lost that flick at flip city somewhere, never put a number on it as it was found with no number.

I also played Fallasburg with my old roommate, He had a Mid and a Driver, but no putter, and on hole 18 as I am walking up i see a red disc in the basket. It's a dx aviar no number or nothing, I gave it to him as my car was even the only car in the parking lot.

My friend had a DX shark and I found it in the middle of the road 1/2 a mile away from his house.

I lost a red CE Beast in a rushing river at Bellamy Park in NH. A few months later, I was on a hole at the other end of the course and saw a red CE disk wedged in the fork of a tree about 30ft up. After about a half hour of hucking sticks and other discs at it, I found I had my old beast back, this time with most of my name and number scratched off. I then proceeded to lose it again on the next hole...:doh:

I hope you gave the "new" Wraith to the guy that actually spotted it...

(in response to an earlier post)

ironic5.jpg

It's like 10,000 spoons when all you need is a knife.

Loki, wouldn't the next line in the song apply to you.....

"Its like meeting the man of my dreams, and then meeting his beautiful wife".

Several years ago I was playing with a group a people in a casual round and threw my pro wraith around a blind corner into the edge of the woods. I had only had the disc a couple days and had not put my name on it yet. I began looking and the group helped. Within a few minutes someone spotted the disc in an evergreen. I walked over and looked up at the disc. White Pro Wraith, 175 grams with a red stamp.

I looked back and said "I'm pretty sure mine was a yellow stamp, this is a red stamp." They chided me "Did the stamp change?" "175 White Pro Wraith... looks just like your disc." I took a few steps away from the tree to find my disc which looked exactly the same but with the yellow stamp. I guess I was the lucky one. I found my unmarked lost disc and an exact replacement. Just over a week later I hit an ace, not with the original, but with the found disc.

Nice Ace...just sayin'...