• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Most Embarrassing Disc Golf Story

Worst moment: Standing in line to use the men's restroom with 20 minutes to go before the 2nd round was to begin, I decided to use the women's bathroom instead. The rented lunch was about to expire and I couldn't wait any longer. I took a quick look around and saw the entire women's field (5 of them) all standing by their car about 200' away. Thought about it, then with 18 mintues to go, I took another peak at the women and they were still at their car so I ran into the women's bathroom. 1 minute later, all of them come walking up to the door and I hear someone say " there is a dude in there"" If I could have flushed myself down the toilet at that moment, I would have. I had a sour stomach and had just peeled the paint off the inside walls and I knew I had to walk right past all of them on my way out.

^ Winner!

Who had that story about blowing a snot-rocket at a groups of hot chicks after dumping his bag down the hill? Epic.

This is not me but I love it sooo much

http://youtu.be/vA_vJjKIe88

This is awesome, loved that hole at Golden Gate. I'd say mine was a few years back, playing The Players DGC in Galena, OH. Hole 7 is a hyzer over water which is Alum Creek. I had just wrote "Ole Faithful" on my favorite Valk at the time. Line looked pretty damn good and then it just fell off left right into the drink. My buddy sat on the beach and laughed while I got down in my boxers to go swimming for it. Searched for a good 45 minutes before giving up. Still bums me out! :doh:

I've had several embarrassing episodes, considering I haven't played disc golf as long or as often as many people here.

I hit several cars with a single throw when they basically played pong with a disc I heaved into a busy street. None of them stopped or gave any indication as to having been hit. Makes me curious as what exactly the drivers think happened. :confused:

Not too long ago I was on a practice tee, behind which several older guys had set up a gallery of sorts for some unknown reason. I grip-locked a putter I was trying to drive and narrowly missed a group of people on the first tee about 90° to my right. I turned around and one of the spectators was slowly shaking his head at me, which is kind of hilarious in retrospect but made me quite embarrassed and a little pissed at the time. :doh:

Also, having grown up playing several sports, the closest I think I've come to severe injury was from disc golf. I slipped on some gravel on a concrete tee and basically collapsed down on top of my lead leg and knee. I threw my legs out from underneath myself at the last second to avoid tearing my knee up, but it hurt like hell. I swear I nearly dislocated my knee or tore my ACL. My friend and his brother found it pretty amusing, though.

Worst moment: Standing in line to use the men's restroom with 20 minutes to go before the 2nd round was to begin, I decided to use the women's bathroom instead. The rented lunch was about to expire and I couldn't wait any longer. I took a quick look around and saw the entire women's field (5 of them) all standing by their car about 200' away. Thought about it, then with 18 mintues to go, I took another peak at the women and they were still at their car so I ran into the women's bathroom. 1 minute later, all of them come walking up to the door and I hear someone say " there is a dude in there"" If I could have flushed myself down the toilet at that moment, I would have. I had a sour stomach and had just peeled the paint off the inside walls and I knew I had to walk right past all of them on my way out.

^ This is awesome! I'm still smiling :thmbup:

Who else has reached a little to far out to retrieve a disc in the water? I straight fell into the drink in clothes and shoes. My cell phone came back to life with the aid of rice, but my pride died on the banks of that river.

My buddy hit an ace on #10 at Crowley in the long. Crazy flex shot with a great skip off of the roots and sweet chain music. He was so excited that he jumped to high when he went for the chest bump. I tripped and racked him with my face. The third guy in the group laughed and asked if I was giving away a celebratory bj. I can't believe I just told this story.

Worst moment: Standing in line to use the men's restroom with 20 minutes to go before the 2nd round was to begin, I decided to use the women's bathroom instead. The rented lunch was about to expire and I couldn't wait any longer. I took a quick look around and saw the entire women's field (5 of them) all standing by their car about 200' away. Thought about it, then with 18 mintues to go, I took another peak at the women and they were still at their car so I ran into the women's bathroom. 1 minute later, all of them come walking up to the door and I hear someone say " there is a dude in there" If I could have flushed myself down the toilet at that moment, I would have. I had a sour stomach and had just peeled the paint off the inside walls and I knew I had to walk right past all of them on my way out.

^ There's no topping this. Fits the very definition of embarrassing.
Really... I looked em·bar·rass·ing up in the dictionary, and it read...
"The feeling a man gets when he's forced to use the women's bathroom and upon thinking it's empty, hears a bunch of women enter, followed by, "Hey, there's a dude in there!"

If only you could have heard the things they were saying as I sat alone wondering if missing the 2nd round was worth not having to face them.

The real question is, "How was your 2nd round?" :confused:

Who else has reached a little to far out to retrieve a disc in the water? I straight fell into the drink in clothes and shoes. My cell phone came back to life with the aid of rice, but my pride died on the banks of that river.

My buddy hit an ace on #10 at Crowley in the long. Crazy flex shot with a great skip off of the roots and sweet chain music. He was so excited that he jumped to high when he went for the chest bump. I tripped and racked him with my face. The third guy in the group laughed and asked if I was giving away a celebratory bj. I can't believe I just told this story.

hahahaha what an epic chest bump fail. This is priceless.

You realize that a simple video of this might make you a good chunk of money......:popcorn:

That's an awesome story... I'm going to be forever freaked about both tripping in the water and chest bumping :D

If only you could have heard the things they were saying as I sat alone wondering if missing the 2nd round was worth not having to face them.

I am dying :clap: --- Mainly because I can totally see this happening to me! :gross:

Who had that story about blowing a snot-rocket at a groups of hot chicks after dumping his bag down the hill? Epic.

^THIS x 1,000,000. I know what story you're talking about, and you're correct. We just need someone to search it up. :gross:

I tried looking for it but I don't even recall what thread that might have been in...that was years ago, I believe. :D :D :D :D

I got poison ivy on my junk while playing disc golf. I took a peepee and evidently I had some poison ivy on my hands. Ouch! I had to get two steroid shots. One in each butt cheek. Even had to show my ex-wife the note from the doctor to prove it wasn't an STD. Lmao.

I got poison ivy on my junk while playing disc golf. I took a peepee and evidently I had some poison ivy on my hands. Ouch! I had to get two steroid shots. One in each butt cheek. Even had to show my ex-wife the note from the doctor to prove it wasn't an STD. Lmao.
:doh: :doh: :doh:

On the 4th of July, my team (Team CAOS) and a bounch of friends of the team were playing a fun doubles round with the prize being a signed American flag bandana. Well my card was doing the best and my partner and I were set to take home the prize, which would have been pretty sweet to hang on the wall of trophies. Well here we come to 18, and all we have to do is play our game and get a 3 on the long, open par 4, which should have been no problem since we were the bigger arms of the card. I step up to throw and practice my x step and angle of throw and the disc slips from my hang and flies 30 feet behind the tee pad and nearly hits my girlfriend in the eye. The rest of the gallery don't even laugh, they just look shocked and/or shook their head at me. My partner is so confused and angry about this that he grip locks his drive almost into the woods on the right side. Needless to say, we lost. Now I rarely practice my xstep, or do it without the disc in my hand.

In States last year on a par 4. Pretty proud of my drive since it got closer to some cross-country sign than I've ever been before. I'm about 10' from the sign, and it's a tad to my left. Pull disc and go through my routine. Throw....BAM! Pretty sure one guy fell down laughing.