• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Most Embarrassing Disc Golf Story

On hole nine you can watch me watch my disc roll down the side of a mountain as well. Not the best round I've ever played.

On hole nine you can watch me watch my disc roll down the side of a mountain as well. Not the best round I've ever played.

At least your a good sport about it. I DEF wouldn't post a video of my most embarrassing moments in DG.

Years ago when I was still a n00b I was playing at Hambrick and incidentally was using a couple of my friend's discs. On hole 2, the signature hole of the course, I grip-locked my drive far right and the disc went sailing directly into the reservoir. I had to call my friend and tell him I accidentally threw his disc in the water. My brother still makes fun of me for it. It was a DX Archangel, I shall never forget.

Threw my drive on a hole that has a street on the left side of it, disc starts to hyzer and I start getting nervous as there is a pick up truck driving on the road and my disc is heading right for it. My disc hits the sidewalk and skips HARD right in to the back of the truck. I laugh/cry as it drives off and my buddy is laughing so hard he starts coughing and crying. .... I never got the disc back.

We were playing our home course backward for a little variety. I was Tee off from 18's basket shooting for 17's basket etc. stepped up and lined up my shot for a RHBH and a big spike hyzer. Step x-step step release follow through and "CLANG"

I cracked my Hand on the top band of the 18 basket. I ended up practicing left handed for the remaining holes on the round.

Was throwing in a "field", more like a 200'x 500' yard,working on throwing some anni's grip locked a DX Leopard right into my neighbors smacked off the brick wall of their house and missed his 69 Corvette by like 3'.

About a month ago I was helping my brother look for a disc on the back 9 when my stomach starting rolling...I tried to push it off but it was one of those that wouldn't let up...I had awkwardly sprint about 1/3 mile back to the park ****ter. It was nasty and I was in there for a good 15 minutes but it was better than what else almost happened. Not too embarrassing... :popcorn:

I tend to hold the disc a little too long when driving every now and then:eek:. One time I threw the disc up a hill to my right while trying to throw directly level and straight. The top of this small hill was a parking lot full of cars. My disc just so happened to hit the tire of a truck that was surrounded by some chatting innocent bystanders. Sadly I'm the OCD kind of person that would have gone up and thrown my disc in the midst of the stunned and probably offended audience. Thanks to their good nature they threw my disc back to me. I guess that spared me of some unneeded attention. I couldn't Finnish the hole, too embarrassed. The fact that my friends were laughing didn't help much.

Threw one of the best drives ever on the modified layout at Kaposia, Hole 17 in Am worlds layout, my putting during am worlds was at its lowest point and i was like 40ft out, for the people who know the hole that is a hell of a drive, so i jump putt and put it within 10ft, i missed the 10fter, and then proceeded to storm off and throw my putters in the trash can, only to have to go back moments later to grab them out haha....

Not embarrasing for me, but for a buddy. Back in 2010 I brought out a friend to Bijou in S. Lake Tahoe and was showing him the ropes. Let him throw an old dragon of mine to get him started. As we were playing there was a work crew shredding some trees in a wood chipper. He noob hyzered the dragon right into the wood chipper. He was so embarrased, but I couldn't stop laughing. Luckily he got over it and still throws to this day!

why didnt you just retee?

i saw a ton of bad rollaways that weekend. the worst was garland on hole 8. he threw his drive up, then on his approach he hit a tree near the basket and rolled all the way back down the hill to where the pro tee is.

played in a tourney last fall. Was playing well, drove one right down the middle of the fairway, blind uphill hole about 370 feet. Can't see landing area, No spotters. Get to the middle of the fairway look for the allotted time and can't find it. I now have to go back and re-tee. get back to tee explain to group what is happening, they are cool with it. Re-tee, about the same shot, heading back up the hill, i trip on a tree stump, face plant the ground and every disc in my bag is now rolling up my back and down the hill toward the tee box. Grab my ish, put my tail between my legs and scammer back up the hill. Wouldn't have been so bad except it was the only womens group in the tourney.

Everyone is laughing at me rightfully so. I finally get to my disc and as i am marking it one of the guys in the group finds my first drive:doh:(burried in the fall foliage). Went from a birdie putt to a circle 5.

^^haha that would suck!
I was playing solo at my local course one afternoon. I was having a great round up until 17 when I came up on a large group (two guys and their 4-5 kids). They move on to 18's teepad, which has an excellent view of the basket for 17. I skip my drive into the pole and cleanup my birdie (which surprised myself actually lol)

I make it to the pad for 18 as the kids are finishing up their drives. They offer to let me throw in on the last hole with them. (Hole 18 has a driveway that runs parallel to the right of the fairway that leads to a cul de sac, which is a popular place to park, as the course doesn't loop back around to hole 1.)

As I step up to the pad, I hear behind me, "Watch kids, he's gonna show us how it's done." :|
Of course I griplock my driver STRAIGHT towards this guys brand new Suburban. I hear the "Oh no's" just before my disc bounces off his rear tire. I just walk-of-shamed it to my disc in the parking lot, picked it up, and kept walking to my car.

Me and a friend decided to play Arcadia #2 Park in DFW, Texas area. Many of the reviews on this site gave it a good rating, however there were more mentions of whole 17, which was infamous for its big and snake infested creek on the left side of the fairway.

We had been playing well that day, and confidently I walk up to the tee and throw my disc. This is when I would say it took an insane hyzer, but I was a beginner so it was still fairly common. The disc disappears in the woods.

For a second a just stare, and think. Then in a split second I look at my friend, "S**t, we're on 17, arent we?!?"

Sure enough. So we go searching and finally my friends finds my disc on the other side, what at the time, looked like the Mississippi river (in Mississippi, not Minnesota). After walking up and down, I see no good path to get to my disc. So i pull up my gps and see there is a good path right next to the hole.

While in the woods, I ruined my Sperry's, legs were covered in blood from briar, saw 2 snakes, and had to keep yelling my friends name and use his response as to not get lost.

Afterwards I had to go to a family event for my nieces birthday and everyone made fun of me for being covered in mud.

Bright side, I found my disc and that of someone else who did not want to brave the jungles of North Texas.

I hate that hole^^^ I've lost 3 or 4 in that swamp. On the plus side if I go in I usually come out with 5 or 6 unmarked discs.

It's probably the most foul smelling crap in the dfw during the summer though.

If I wasnt already tired, ticked off, and scared for my life from snakes, I probably would have stayed backed there looking for more. If was fearless I would definitely take a swim sometime there.

...Its a warm winter round (25-30deg)and as soon as I shank my drive I realize that there is something else wrong but it takes a min to figure it out... Blew out the crotch on my jeans and a toddler size weinnie is flappin in the breeze

I have a good story I will share on behalf of my twin brother since it embarrasses him :D

Several years ago we had just finished at round at Hoover Dam aka the Hambrick Memorial course and we were walking from the field of letter holes to our car that was in the lot back there.

Now, there is a guard rail that surrounds the parking lot and my brother decided to jump it instead of stepping over or going around. He leaped up, got one foot on it, and immediately slipped and felt straight onto his face in the parking lot. What's better is that it was right in front of a car where two girls were sitting and it must have looked like the smoothest thing ever.

It was hilarious and he wasn't hurt, thankfully, since he fell straight over. My friend and I just laughed at him and he shamefully got into the car and we left. Never again.

Was playing a round at bear creek in grapevine waiting for my wife to land at airport. Threw my disc and it hit and popped up and rolled slowly towards a creek drop off. As I watched my first disc ever bought...a 11x KC pro teebird go off I get sick to my stomach. I didn't realize the value of disc just it was my first. So I make the slow walk to where it was. I take a peak over. And there it is 7 feet below on the bank. Barely touching water. I see a less steep place I can go down. So I slide down. And start using the roots to balance myself. I grab the first root. It holds. Second holds. Third holds. I'm a step or two away now. I grab the next root feeling confident. Root snaps and I go sliding down the embankment to chest deep muck water. For anyone who hasn't played. The water is nasty and the base of creek is a mossy mud mix. I keep slipping and splashing. I cut the hell out of my arm on the slide down. As I finally make it to my knees. I step and my foot sinks. And fall back Over. And I loose a shoe. I try to reach for it. The mud has ate my left shoe. I get close to bank And almost upright. Throw my disc back up take off my one shoe and throw it up. Oh what's that. It's my cell phone. In my pocket. My aquarium background is now a real thing. I am just covered in mud and moss. I'm slipping Around still. And i try to make it up the hill. I can't. I'm worn down. I keep sliding my arm hurts. And I slipped back into the water. I hear somebody come up. "Hey I wonder who's bag this is". I yell for help. And the group laughs at me until they see my arm is bleeding. They get a good size tree limb and I can now use it to get my feet back under me. And they pull me to ledge and I can grab an arm to pull up. I now have to make the walk of shame. Halfway around the course. Soaking wet with my one shoe on. No use in getting stickers or glass in both feet. Get to the car and find some old bags and stuff to put on seat. Start the car. And realize I'm now 30 minutes late picking her up. I rush to the airport. Hope my phone works. Nope. So I get out. Dripping wet, now no shoes, covered in mud and walk into the terminal. I get all sorts of stares. I find my wife. "Where the hell have you been....what the hell happened". "Don't want to talk about it". We find the nearest target. I get new clothes and change in car. And have wifey treat my arm.
I don't know what was worse. Being "saved" by 4 guys laughing at me. Or walking with one shoe on dripping wet with players just looking at me, or having to go into the airport, shoeless, wet and muddy

Latest posts