• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Most Underrated Disc Golf States

I may get thrown out of Michigan for this, but I was impressed with how many courses there were in the southern Ohio area. They have quite the disc golf scene down there with their own website with maps to all the courses. I had looked for a course last year while in the Sandusky area and there was almost nothing, so this summer when I was in the Cinci area I was stunned to find over 30 within an hours drive. There are also a bunch in the northern Kentucky area. So now my frustration was not having enough time to play more courses while in that area, instead of not being able to find something.

I was pleasantly suprised when I moved here to Colorado. But I can tell you one state that is HUGELY underrated: my home state of Montana! Sure, we don't have tee boxes like, ever, but we have baskets so that's all that counts. Great views, tons of trees and great fun!

I was pleasantly suprised when I moved here to Colorado. But I can tell you one state that is HUGELY underrated: my home state of Montana! Sure, we don't have tee boxes like, ever, but we have baskets so that's all that counts. Great views, tons of trees and great fun!

We just finished putting in teeboxes at both Pattee and Blue Mtn. here in Missoula, and the new course up near Johnsrud is in the process now. :thmbup:

I haven't played enough states or heard enough about the hype, to say what is overrated. I can; however, say that if you're driving down I-70 through Missouri and want to play some disc golf, you won't be dissapointed. Moberly, Marshall, Columbia, (Jeff City too, soon) all have 36 hole parks. Moberly and Marshall are 4 of the best courses I've ever played. Both of them remind me of going to KC and playing Blue Valley and Waterworks in a day. Columbia has a couple other courses, and obviously there's KC and St.L.

We just finished putting in teeboxes at both Pattee and Blue Mtn. here in Missoula, and the new course up near Johnsrud is in the process now. :thmbup:

Excellent. My Dad and Brother were down here last weekend on a disc golf trip and they were telling me about the Johnsrud course, which sounds amazing. But I still miss the Old Rattlesnake course with no baskets, just marked trees. That's what I started on...but after playing that madness for ten years I'm a tree-dodging fiend!

Next time I'm back in the Zoo I'll hit up Blue Mountain and Pattee again for sure. And I reccomend anyone who is reading this to head to Big Sky Country and test your skills!

I may get thrown out of Michigan for this, but I was impressed with how many courses there were in the southern Ohio area. They have quite the disc golf scene down there with their own website with maps to all the courses. I had looked for a course last year while in the Sandusky area and there was almost nothing, so this summer when I was in the Cinci area I was stunned to find over 30 within an hours drive. There are also a bunch in the northern Kentucky area. So now my frustration was not having enough time to play more courses while in that area, instead of not being able to find something.

Leave then. We no longer want you here. Go be a buckeye!